PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 04:09 PM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

BfA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Ok, this is my first time with an Energy rom as I've been previously using Impact before it was discontinued. I've found a couple of bugs and a couple of questions:

Bug:
- the / and : keys are reversed
- the ; character is shown by using the FN + B combination, however using FN + H does not show the \ character it just shows a lower case b [Either way these are reversed and should be changed back]

Is there a way to manually remap these until they're fixed in the next build?

Questions:

- what does cfc compressed mean?

- How do I have it dial 1 in front of all numbers? I can't see it in the settings. (It's kinda dumb Windows still makes me do this as even though I have the numbers in my contacts as 1+number on incoming calls it doesn't show the 1 so if I hit redial I get a message that it's not able to make the call)

- how do I change the background picture? Is that done while changing the theme and selecting another picture? Does anyone have any other cool options for background images?

- any idea how I add mutual funds to the stock market updates?

Overall, I'd like to thank Energy for creating the ROM as I find it very fast and responsive!
Old 05-17-2010, 04:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mikep7779 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to mikep7779
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 13| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmatthewsatiug View Post
I'm no expert on this, but I think most people would benefit from direct push rather than checking every 15 minutes. The benefit of direct push is that you phone only checks email when you get one. That avoids using power to check/establish a connection when no mail exists.

The direct push technology is pretty cool. I can't remember all of the details (you can find it on Microsoft's web site, I read it a few years ago, so this is from my faulty long-term memory) but essentially your phone creates a connection to your exchange server that gets a tickle when new mail arrives.

So if you tend to get multiple messages in 15 minutes, you might save power by letting those messages stack up and getting them through one connection. On the other hand, if you're like most folks, you might go a few hours before needing to receive a message. Direct push, in that case, would save your battery.

I've tested it on my system, and I get a benefit of direct push over having mail checked every 1 hour. I didn't test beyond that because I simply am not willing to wait more than 1 hour (max) to get email on my phone.

The key thing to understand is that with direct push it is not like you're maintaining a completely active data session all the time. that would probably drain your battery very quickly.

Give it a try, I've been extremly happy since my Apache days using WinMo 5.
Thanks!
Old 05-17-2010, 04:15 PM
AB_
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

AB_ is becoming a great contributor
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BfA View Post
Ok, this is my first time with an Energy rom as I've been previously using Impact before it was discontinued. I've found a couple of bugs and a couple of questions:

Bug:
- the ; character is shown by using the FN + B combination, however using FN + H does not show the \ character it just shows a lower case b [Either way these are reversed and should be changed back]

Questions:

- How do I have it dial 1 in front of all numbers? I can't see it in the settings. (It's kinda dumb Windows still makes me do this as even though I have the numbers in my contacts as 1+number on incoming calls it doesn't show the 1 so if I hit redial I get a message that it's not able to make the call)

- how do I change the background picture? Is that done while changing the theme and selecting another picture? Does anyone have any other cool options for background images?

Overall, I'd like to thank Energy for creating the ROM as I find it very fast and responsive!
For your BUGS issues, run carrier provisioning. This will fix the keyboard.

To change the background picture, simply just hit menu and hit Home Wallpaper.

I wish I could answer your other questions, but I don't know them
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:15 PM
N00b

variance is keeping up the good workvariance is keeping up the good work

any of you having a graphical glitch on 21903 with the activesync icon replacing the signal icon
Old 05-17-2010, 04:22 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by variance View Post
any of you having a graphical glitch on 21903 with the activesync icon replacing the signal icon
Ive had this for the last few flases ive done.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:23 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BfA View Post

Bug:

Questions:

Run the keyboard fix for the keyboard issues, it should be on the first page.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Bug:

ANS: someone helped me with the physical keyboard remap just a couple days ago. Search under my name, i'm sure you can pull up the results.
Questions:

ANS: go to settings>personal>phone>CDMA service>automatic pre-end

ANS: on your homepage, click on the right softkey, then choose Home wallpaper. You can use either animated or just weather. Then select a picture of your liking.

ANS: don't know.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:43 PM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

BfA is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB_ View Post
For your BUGS issues, run carrier provisioning. This will fix the keyboard.
Thanks, this worked. What does carrier provisioning do exactly? I know it must have certain settings for each carrier, just wondering what ones it changes?
Old 05-17-2010, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!
Carrier: SPRINT

wbchristmas is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by btstarcher View Post
Are you referring to the HTC messaging, or the Arcsoft one built into the ROM?
Arcsoft.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Jim8181

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Regarding your battery saving mods, could list the ones that seem to do the most good? I am currently running 04_shaolin BatterySaver.cab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rndchef View Post
I noticed an immediate change using the cab. I am monitoring battery usage with ABC meter and do not see any change based on norminal behavior. I also use a bunch of the battery saving mods. Everything opens so much quicker with it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development