PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 08:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Just wondering if someone is experiencing the same problem as I am. I installed shoalin battery saver and nuebattery TP2CDMA battery driver this morning from the thread that posted cabs to help out with battery life. I just realize that my blue tooth wouldn't turn on anymore. Could someone tell me what the default BT settings are in registry so I can go back and change them back to default.

Thank you!
You need to be carefull with the cabs in the battery thread. Yes, they do work, but some of them you need to make sure BT is on before you install them or you will hose your BT. (See the first couple of post in that thread)

I didn't think that Shaolins cab would mess with BT, but I see that some of the reg settings do. In this link I extracted his cab to show all the reg settings that it makes (mostly changes polling setting for different things)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=78

I think if you just re-enable the items pertaining to BT you should be ok
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
Old 05-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
Have you seen an increase in your battery life from this?

if so, it is probably because your bluetooth is disabled. It has been knows that bluetooth causes major battery drain on this phone.
i don't think there's any difference. I think the problem is from the nuebattery cab. I want my BT back....... i use it everyday.......... hahahaha I'd rather take a 10% hit than going w/o BT.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

many people here have reported that most battery tweeks don't do much for battery savings. I think most of the roms here have been tweeked enough to do just that and give you maximum power on your device.

My suggestion to you is not not use any of those programs. I think they were originally designed for the original TP.

Hard reset your device and get your bluetooth working again.

Quote:
i don't think there's any difference. I think the problem is from the nuebattery cab. I want my BT back....... i use it everyday.......... hahahaha I'd rather take a 10% hit than going w/o BT.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mebedaman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
All right you two... Quit your b1tching. You sound like my ex-wife

Here is the answer:

Quote from WMExperts

"While the Sprint Touch Pro 2 ROM update, featuring Windows Mobile 6.5 and Sense 2.5, has turned out to be a pretty big hit amongst users, there is one little nagging issue that has changed with the new configuration:

Before under 'Sounds and Notifications', the user was able to enable/disable whether LED alerts would be used for email, text, voicemail, missed calls, etc. In addition, you could specify how long the duration for said blinking shall occur. This feature was a recent change found on many HTC devices and was something that we all greatly appreciated.
So why did Sprint/HTC decide to disable the feature with the latest update? Improve battery life? Make everything more "simple"? They simply made a mistake? No one knows but it is quite annoying."

Quote from Mighty Rom:

"Sprint in their infinite wisdom, seem to think it is necessary to disallow their users control of their notification LED lights on their Touch Pro 2 devices. If you haven’t noticed and recently upgraded your rom to the latest Sprint 6.5 update or MightyROM update, Sprint decided to do something real stupid!

The Sprint driver set that is contained in the latest update seems to disallow the end user to have full control over their notification lights when receiving an e-mail, text message or mms. This can become quite annoying. Myself for example, I have many emails that arrive daily, sometimes up to 45 emails a day. Having the notification light appear each time a message is received is quite annoying. Low and behold, entering your sounds and notifications menu, you will notice that you cannot turn off the blinking lights."

Now for the answer..... (Drum roll please)

Mighty Rom released a fix... just install this cab and you should have control over the led notifications again.

I hope this helps
Thank you!! That worked beautifully.

I actually thought I already tried that cab, but maybe I thought it was specific to his rom. Or maybe because the Energy Rom didn't have the option greyed out, I thought that tweak was already enabled. I don't know anything close to what most of you do about tweaking phones (and I'm really not that interested). But that blinking light has to die....I think that's how I originally found this forum -- when I had the Mogul, that stupid light blinked all the time (who would design a phone to work like that out of the box?!).

Thank you again.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
You need to be carefull with the cabs in the battery thread. Yes, they do work, but some of them you need to make sure BT is on before you install them or you will hose your BT. (See the first couple of post in that thread)

I didn't think that Shaolins cab would mess with BT, but I see that some of the reg settings do. In this link I extracted his cab to show all the reg settings that it makes (mostly changes polling setting for different things)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=78

I think if you just re-enable the items pertaining to BT you should be ok
THank you for the reply. I installed shaolin and nuebattery. I have to say i didn't have the BT on when i installed them. I saw the reg entries pertaining to BT but I don't know what the default values were. I would hate to reflash just for this..... hahahaha
Old 05-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

as long as Sashimi is there, you should be good.

Quote:
THank you for the reply. I installed shaolin and nuebattery. I have to say i didn't have the BT on when i installed them. I saw the reg entries pertaining to BT but I don't know what the default values were. I would hate to reflash just for this..... hahahaha
Old 05-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
as long as Sashimi is there, you should be good.
yOu're right....... that's why i spent hours before...... for this insurance.......
Old 05-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff

for some reason i keep getting a glitch in Album when i try to play certain movies. first, the picture doesn't show but the sound works fine and when i stop the movie and close album, the player controls show in every window (see pic). The movies worked fine with other roms and a few of them still work, but it's getting frustrating as i can't fgure out the issue. (all of the movies are between 300mb and 600mb and are the same format .mp4)

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG5473.JPG (162.6 KB, 71 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by dunebuggydude11; 05-18-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ms30250 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to ms30250

This 21xxx GTX May 16th is fassssstttt!!! and seems stable after 6 hrs of use.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 running XDANDROID full time
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

skyguy04 is just getting started

Can anyone vouch for weather NRG's latest rom is faster/more stable than Mr. X's latest rom? I've got the 4/22 Mr.X rom and it is fast but I am always looking for the latest and the greatest!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development