PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 09:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 28| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguana775 View Post
Just flashed may 31 cookie dinik 23569 for USCC and have a few things. first, my data connection says it's Sprint. I did the USCC carrier provisioning. second, in my MMS Options, I have no settings under the CDMA servers but I have 3 USC settings under the GSM servers. The New and Set As Default buttons on both tabs are disabled. my MMS seems to be working but it still bugs me. lol
It is supposed to be disabled so you don't mess with those settings... There is a reg setting to change to enable editing but if it works why mess with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostizzle View Post
Anyone else having aproblem answering calls? For the last few builds, the phone freezes when I attempt to answer a phone call. I slide over to answer or hit the hard key and it justs freezes until I miss the call. Driving me freaking crazy. I did a task29 and clear storage, haven't installed any cabs, and it's still doing it!

Edit: My wife and friend, who also have TP2s and EnergyRom courtesy of me are having the same problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzik View Post
I had the same problem several times. On the maxsense, it was even more often. It hasn't happened lately. I have no idea why it stopped.
This has been a common issue that occurs randomly and has been posted a thousand times... Even yesterday HERE with the reg edit attached.

Here is what it does...

"Issues with answering your phone when a data connection is open (answer buttons don't do anything)? Looks like a tweak messes up a registry key that affects this. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings], make sure SuspendResume is set to #777 (not anything containing GPRS). This issue seems to be related to Advanced Config."
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 28| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Here is a Cnet news article I just read about malware getting installed through apps on windows mobile.

"Once the app is installed the virus wakes up and starts dialing premium-rate numbers like in Somalia and the South Pole, Hering said. He added that victims may not know about the problem until they get their phone bill and see that it's $50 or $100 higher than it should be."

Here is the article

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20...=2547-1_3-0-20

One more reason to "Know" what you are installing before just clicking aimlessly at any .cab posted.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

longlost is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
Whaz up people... Well, I posted this before a couple weeks ago and got little response. But I not sure if it's just my phone ( Its been with the 4 last upgrades ) or you guys haven't notice.... But the caller I.D. don't work, far as telling you the state from which the call was make. Tried Saumaun extended area code, and nothing at all. So if anybody know or have a fix... Can you give me a shout, I"ll give thanks and thanks ahead of time.
Working fine for me I have a sprint tp2.
Try doing a flash dance for your next upgrade if you are not doing it already. that may help.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by soinkster View Post
maxmanilla has a detailed description on page 1 and based on the fact that you are not familiar with max sense i would not recommend it, because it is very glitchy and you probably would come back bashing my guy unnecessarily
first off im no n00b and i love using NRG ROM. i just usually stick with the cookie version. im currrently using the may 31 version, the one with the glass icons. i just never heard of maxsence and was wondering if someone could give me a short version of what the difference was between that and maxmanilla was. thanks guys!
Old 06-05-2010, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / TP2 / Arrive
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

meangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridleyj329 View Post
first off im no n00b and i love using NRG ROM. i just usually stick with the cookie version. im currrently using the may 31 version, the one with the glass icons. i just never heard of maxsence and was wondering if someone could give me a short version of what the difference was between that and maxmanilla was. thanks guys!
it is quite different, it is an evolution of cookie you could say
here is a review from pocketnow

NRG already posted it on Jun 02, it takes a little getting used to but it is awesome, I love it
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

elvis1st is just getting started
internet sharing drops

First off let me say this rom ROCKS, I have one minor issue though

this rom has the same problem the stock rom has, it doesn't share internet, either it gives the internet to the tether or the phone has the internet. for example I cannot stream music on the phone while it is tethered, it will come up with "waiting for connection" and if I tether first, then start streaming music, it will drop the tether.

I've used Mighty, mr x, and timberwolf, those 3 actually share the connection.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

btstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: internet sharing drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis1st View Post
First off let me say this rom ROCKS, I have one minor issue though

this rom has the same problem the stock rom has, it doesn't share internet, either it gives the internet to the tether or the phone has the internet. for example I cannot stream music on the phone while it is tethered, it will come up with "waiting for connection" and if I tether first, then start streaming music, it will drop the tether.

I've used Mighty, mr x, and timberwolf, those 3 actually share the connection.
I've never had this problem; I surf the internet on my phone while tethered all the time. Well using Wifi Router to tether; I don't tether via USB.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreen View Post
it is quite different, it is an evolution of cookie you could say
here is a review from pocketnow

NRG already posted it on Jun 02, it takes a little getting used to but it is awesome, I love it
at work right now so i skimmed through it but it looks promising. didnt care much for maxmanilla but i love the cookie roms. dont have a chance to get back to my computer till later tonight but how does it stack up to cookie. think its worth a try?
Old 06-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlost View Post
Working fine for me I have a sprint tp2.
Try doing a flash dance for your next upgrade if you are not doing it already. that may help.
Yeah I do the flash dance, maybe I'll try MAXSENSE ROM
Old 06-05-2010, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

Iguana775 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
It is supposed to be disabled so you don't mess with those settings... There is a reg setting to change to enable editing but if it works why mess with it.

yea, it's working but still kind of bugs me....just seems odd that with USCC being on a CDMA network and my settings have GSM servers set up with 3 servers all the same. lol. but no biggie, I guess. I did figure out my other issues though after playing around with it for a while.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development