PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 28| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Whats up people's and peop-ets... Have anyone tried Maxsense and if so what to you think about it? KEEPING IT REAL.

Last edited by bobbyblack; 06-05-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 28| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
After reading the post from Sarc... and seeing other people mentioning the same kind of issues over the last couple of months I am convinced that this is hardware related. I think that the quality varies from batches of TP2' s manufactured. I personally have never had the SOD "Sleep of Death" that Sarc and so many other have had and I can say that I run my phone for days with no issues or lockups. I might reset 1 a week. I would be curious if they is a way to tell if there is a build date on a TP2 or a batch/manufacturing # so we can see if there is some king of way to narrow this down. (just my thought)
I totally agree that it seems like the newer TP2s seem to have more issues than the older ones, I was speaking with darren wilson about this very issue not long ago. I have never had a SOD on mine or any lockups that wasn't from software/cab issues and I have never had an issue with flashing any ROMs like the newer ones have, I also believe that it might be something with the unlocker also, older TP2s unlock fine with the old unlocker but the newer TP2s seem to need the newer unlocker, this is just my opinion though.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

2phonejones is keeping up the good work2phonejones is keeping up the good work

yea the wp7 theme with spb and nrgs titanium rom is great.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Sarc is a n00b
Question Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 28| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
... I would be curious if they is a way to tell if there is a build date on a TP2 or a batch/manufacturing # so we can see if there is some king of way to narrow this down. (just my thought)
On that note, do all TP2's have a soft/plasticy feeling touch screen?

That is one thing that kinda' irked me when I started using the TP2. I don't know for sure, but the original TP felt solid, as if it was glass.

If there is a difference between the TP2's touch screen, maybe that could help with a build revision identification.

???

~~I started a new thread about possibly finding a build revision for the TP2's. Didn't want to muddy up NRG's thread, since there are plenty of conversation actually about his ROM's.~~

Last edited by Sarc; 06-05-2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Added link to different thread topic to avoid muddying current topic.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

sandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuff

Quote:
After reading the post from Sarc... and seeing other people mentioning the same kind of issues over the last couple of months I am convinced that this is hardware related. I think that the quality varies from batches of TP2' s manufactured. I personally have never had the SOD "Sleep of Death" that Sarc and so many other have had and I can say that I run my phone for days with no issues or lockups. I might reset 1 a week. I would be curious if they is a way to tell if there is a build date on a TP2 or a batch/manufacturing # so we can see if there is some king of way to narrow this down. (just my thought)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I totally agree that it seems like the newer TP2s seem to have more issues than the older ones, I was speaking with darren wilson about this very issue not long ago. I have never had a SOD on mine or any lockups that wasn't from software/cab issues and I have never had an issue with flashing any ROMs like the newer ones have, I also believe that it might be something with the unlocker also, older TP2s unlock fine with the old unlocker but the newer TP2s seem to need the newer unlocker, this is just my opinion though.
I have to agree also. I have seen the same things happen in the PC world. Two identical machines behaving differently. I have always felt that some of the issues were from RAM. After replacing sticks that were functional, cleared some very weird software issues. Our phones are slightly different based on carrier, small hardware tweaks done by HTC as requested for brands. But we all know the biggest change is the label and that makes a huge difference. Just like my Toomey stickers on my quad makes it faster than the one next to me.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The big problem with the tp2 that the tp1 didn't have is that all the roms are using more ram, and there is a severe memory leak with winmo 6.5. I'm not 100% sure, but i think the tp1 has more ram than the tp2. Either way, the ram leak is the main reason for the freezes and the inability to keep multiple programs running. After a soft reset, i usually have around 70mb of ram free. By the middle of the day, i'm around 21mb and i have to soft reset before i open any heavy apps.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Lurker

Sarc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
The big problem with the tp2 that the tp1 didn't have is that all the roms are using more ram, and there is a severe memory leak with winmo 6.5. I'm not 100% sure, but i think the tp1 has more ram than the tp2. Either way, the ram leak is the main reason for the freezes and the inability to keep multiple programs running. After a soft reset, i usually have around 70mb of ram free. By the middle of the day, i'm around 21mb and i have to soft reset before i open any heavy apps.
You are right about the memory difference.

My old TP has about 80MB more for "Storage", but if I remember correctly, it's only 5 to 7 MB more for "Program" memory.
I can double check this the next time I look at my mom's... er, my old TP.

That said, the actual installed ROM's are drastically different too.
The TP is running the latest official ROM, and my TP2 is running one of NRG's ROM's.
I don't know if that makes a difference in the "Storage" total or not.

And does the difference in radio's have an effect on "Storage" and/or "Program" memory available? Seems easy for me to forget that the Sprint TP2 also has a GSM radio in it for use outside the U.S. of A.
I would think that would have to take up "more" space somewhere on the device. ???
Old 06-05-2010, 10:04 PM
N00b

ostizzle is a n00b

Anyone know how to return to the stock messaging format as opposed to the colored text bubbles?
Old 06-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Lurker

jac6695 is just getting started

Borrowed from earlier in the thread for you. Check out the little paper clip symbol to the right of the thread title/link in the CDMA upgrade section for all of the cabs/files in this thread.
Attached Files
File Type: cab SMS_Bubbles_6.5.3.cab (96.7 KB, 47 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

sandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostizzle View Post
Anyone know how to return to the stock messaging format as opposed to the colored text bubbles?
Sure do..

Check this post - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=18892
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development