PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MN-Joe is keeping up the good workMN-Joe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 28| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Joe View Post
I've noticed on some of the EnergyROM versions the Lock screen has slide to snooze or slide to dismiss during an Alarm, the latest Energy.RHODCDMA.21905.Sense2.5.Cookie.Dinik.Glass. May.31 does not have this option. Is there somewhere this can be enabled? Along this topic is there a registry key that will allow you to change the default snooze time from say 5 Minutes to 10 Minutes?
Got an answer on the snooze time, but can anyone help me with the Slide to Snooze on the Lock Screen? I've not been able to find anything worthwhile trying to search for this.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

nomaxtech is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to nomaxtech
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 28| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Tried downloading Energy.RHODCDMA.21905.Titanium.Jun.02.7z, the Titanium version of 6.5. It errors out and says the files can't be found. Does anyone have a copy or will it be back up soon?
Old 06-05-2010, 02:10 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaxtech View Post
Tried downloading Energy.RHODCDMA.21905.Titanium.Jun.02.7z, the Titanium version of 6.5. It errors out and says the files can't be found. Does anyone have a copy or will it be back up soon?
I just tested it for ya.....it is downloading no problem for me...
Old 06-05-2010, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Google Nexus by Verizon
Carrier: Verizon

JDwg78 is a n00b

Well, I've been using the Dinik rom and it's pretty solid as far as NRG releases go. I am ready for something new tho. The bubble look is getting old. I'd love it for him to focus on getting a low battery use messenger program built into the base bar like Twitter is, or the Weather tab. Like MSN Messenger tab or something that is low power usage. That would _SO_ come in handy for what I use my phone for. Got like....10 people at work using this ROM now lol. We're all fans. Just made a donation the other day I've been so pleased with NRG and his results.

Would be cool if in my opinion if we took our current set of capabilities too, and just worked on tweaking them and focused on pure performance for a release or two with no added features just getting that phone to not have BSOD's and lock ups, and faster response times would be so lovely.

But don't get me wrong. I am in love with the releases of this ROM and a die hard fan. I re-ROM as often as they are released and I see valuable changes. It is hard to ask for more.

Cheers!=D>
Old 06-05-2010, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / TP2 / Arrive
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

meangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridleyj329 View Post
at work right now so i skimmed through it but it looks promising. didnt care much for maxmanilla but i love the cookie roms. dont have a chance to get back to my computer till later tonight but how does it stack up to cookie. think its worth a try?
I would certainly recommend trying it. I liked the CHT better than maxmanila as well, but this one is somewhat different, not too many tabs. In someways it resembles Android UI. Go for it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cocoabro is keeping up the good workcocoabro is keeping up the good work

Is there any way to get just the GTX Theme from the GTX ROM? I'm running SPB Shell on top of the Energy 23569 Titanium ROM, but he didn't include the GTX theme. Any help is much appreciated.

P.S. - SPB with MSkip's WP7 theme is amazing. I don't think I'll be going back to Sense.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:58 PM
RMD
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

RMD is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to RMD Send a message via MSN to RMD Send a message via Yahoo to RMD

For several versions (including the latest 2.5 Build) I have issues with the phone either not responding or having a long delay when I press the Call button to end a call from my Bluetooth headset, Motorola S9 HD. I tried Mighty for a while and it was flawless.

You'll be back!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Sarc is a n00b
Unhappy Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 28| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

I'm having problems and problems with my new Touch Pro 2 (Sprint).

I had bought the original Touch Pro back on October 31st 2008 and absolutely loved the device. Ran the stock ROM well past the warranty coverage... primarily due to being inexperienced at ROM flashing. That all changed after I flashed my first NRG ROM on it. Now I feel like an addict.

The Touch Pro 2 is supposed to be an upgrade over the original, but the reliability is so atrocious, I'm surprised HTC was willing to put their name on the phone.

First, it was the official 6.5 ROM update... that sucked. On the original Touch Pro, I could leave PockeTwit running for days it seemed. Now, on the Touch Pro 2, no matter what ROM I run, so much as changing tabs on Sense seems to kill any and most all background apps. Opera... I love the "Opera Link" function, but the memory requirements and/or the crappy memory sub-system of this device doesn't handle it well at all.

My last couple ROM flashes have been preceded by a Task29 flash to clear everything out.
I've been bouncing between the following ROM's:

Energy.RHODCDMA.21903.Sense2.5.Cookie.May.09
Memory problems were most apparent, but I've since changed my usage mentality. As-in, started using the Twitter tab in Sense in-place of PockeTwit.

Energy.RHODCDMA.21903.Sense2.5.Cookie.May.22
Currently using due to severe lock up problems in May 28th ROM, but Sense seems to lock up shortly after boot up if using the Twitter tab.

Energy.RHODCDMA.21905.Sense2.5.Cookie.May.28
This ROM seemed to be nice and fast, but I was dealing with some pretty bad lock up issues right after boot up, and since I use my phone for my alarm to wake up for work, that's a bad thing. Again, I have been modifying my usage trying to isolate the problem, so I'm not entirely sure it was the ROM's fault.

It seems I'm screwed in regards to being able to fallow Twitter on the go. PockeTwit either gets closed for who knows what reason, or the Sense Twitter tab seems to crash Manilla.

To the more experienced users out there, does anything stand out in a way to say, "if you do this, you'll likely get your Touch Pro 2 to be reliable like the original" ???

I remember reading a post on one of the blogs a week or 2 ago about a HD2 owner talking about how he/she finally loved the device. They were saying that at first, the device was horrible, unreliable and slow, "like the Touch Pro 2". But a recent custom ROM made the device suddenly work just right. I didn't see anything about what ROM.

I suppose I could keep going on and on about how much of a disappointment this device has been so far, but I honestly believe that the problem is not related, so to speak to the fact that I'm running a "custom ROM". The stock 6.5 ROM was just as bad at memory management and had less "features" when compared to one of NRG's Cookie ROMs.

I guess I can only hope that someday a ROM will come, when all the stars have been aligned perfectly, that will let me use my device the way, (although possibly mis-guided) I think I should be able to... or maybe it's better to say, how I've become a-custom-ed to using.

Sorry to be so long-winded, but at my wits-end in regards to getting a device that should be great, to operate as such.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

After reading the post from Sarc... and seeing other people mentioning the same kind of issues over the last couple of months I am convinced that this is hardware related. I think that the quality varies from batches of TP2' s manufactured. I personally have never had the SOD "Sleep of Death" that Sarc and so many other have had and I can say that I run my phone for days with no issues or lockups. I might reset 1 a week. I would be curious if they is a way to tell if there is a build date on a TP2 or a batch/manufacturing # so we can see if there is some king of way to narrow this down. (just my thought)
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

mprachar is keeping up the good workmprachar is keeping up the good work
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisPreludeVtec View Post
This version seems to hang when you don't have a GPS location. If it searches for WIFI or Cell location it will hang and not let you check in. I went back to the old version with a DLL change to allow me to check in
Hey - I am having same problem with ver.5-25-1 can you send me what you are using?

Thanks a million!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development