PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

hira is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 22| 21907|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Hi,
I have Sprint HTC Touch Pro2 with WM6.5.

I flashed my Sprint HTC Touch Pro2 with 21907 Build, which is the latest as of today (25 June 2010).

I am seeing following issues with this build:
1> You mentioned that in build 21907, Start menu button is at the top left corner. But, I don't see it. I just see "Action" and "Menu" at the bottom. I used the file "Energy.RHODCDMA.21907.Sense2.5.Cookie.Jun.22. 7z". Why its not matching with your comments?

2> Major issue issue is:activesync error 0x85010013 when I try to sync with work e-mails. This is a major issue. With out this fixed, I can't use Energy ROM because I have to check work e-mails on my phone all the time. Any fix for this? I was not seeing this issue with Sprint WM6.5 ROM.

3> When I turn my phone to Landscape, the screen doesn't become land scape automatically. I need to slide the sliding keyboard to make the screen landscape. How to make it automatic landscape/portrait depending on the phone orientation, like in Sprint ROM.

4> The flip time on the home page is little slow compared to Sprint ROM. The time pages flip very slow. This is not a big issue, but I like to inform you.

5> What is the Windows version in build 21907? Is it WM6.1 or WM6.5 or WM6.5.1 or WM6.5.5?

6> How to adjust the snooze time for reminders on HTC Touch Pro2? I used to be able to hit menu and pick a time on my old HTC touch (sprint) phone. Now with HTC Touch Pro2 (sprint) (WM6.5), I don't get Menu when a reminder pops up. I get "Snooze" or "Dismiss" options. when I hit Snooze and it lasts for 5 minutes. Please let me know how to adjust the snooze time for reminders on HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint) with WM6.5? This will be a good addition to Enery ROM?

Regards,
hira.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 22| 21907|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by hira View Post
Hi,
I have Sprint HTC Touch Pro2 with WM6.5.

I flashed my Sprint HTC Touch Pro2 with 21907 Build, which is the latest as of today (25 June 2010).

I am seeing following issues with this build:
1> You mentioned that in build 21907, Start menu button is at the top left corner. But, I don't see it. I just see "Action" and "Menu" at the bottom. I used the file "Energy.RHODCDMA.21907.Sense2.5.Cookie.Jun.22. 7z". Why its not matching with your comments?

2> Major issue issue is:activesync error 0x85010013 when I try to sync with work e-mails. This is a major issue. With out this fixed, I can't use Energy ROM because I have to check work e-mails on my phone all the time. Any fix for this? I was not seeing this issue with Sprint WM6.5 ROM.

3> When I turn my phone to Landscape, the screen doesn't become land scape automatically. I need to slide the sliding keyboard to make the screen landscape. How to make it automatic landscape/portrait depending on the phone orientation, like in Sprint ROM.

4> The flip time on the home page is little slow compared to Sprint ROM. The time pages flip very slow. This is not a big issue, but I like to inform you.

5> What is the Windows version in build 21907? Is it WM6.1 or WM6.5 or WM6.5.1 or WM6.5.5?

6> How to adjust the snooze time for reminders on HTC Touch Pro2? I used to be able to hit menu and pick a time on my old HTC touch (sprint) phone. Now with HTC Touch Pro2 (sprint) (WM6.5), I don't get Menu when a reminder pops up. I get "Snooze" or "Dismiss" options. when I hit Snooze and it lasts for 5 minutes. Please let me know how to adjust the snooze time for reminders on HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint) with WM6.5? This will be a good addition to Enery ROM?

Regards,
hira.

active sync has many bugs from the microsoft side ,they have admitted this in multiple occasions , I am an Energy lover and I have the same problem as yours , from work's Lotus notes oroutlook, so to user settings and have all incoming emails forwarded to one or regular emails . which I always do , and that is the most reliable solution for active sync issues ( btw it does not work perfectly even in the stock ROMs) .

hit thanks if i helped you
Old 06-25-2010, 01:21 PM
N00b

Achristocat is keeping up the good workAchristocat is keeping up the good work

Are you syncing with an Exchange client? More than a few people I know with WinMo have issues using the client to Exchange and it mostly turned out to be issues with settings not being correct. Check settings and make sure Outlook is open when syncing...When outlook is not open in the background I get all sorts of errors...

I've used NRG's ROM for the past few days. Syncs no problem. I'm not syncing with an exchange server, but my company emails sync fine with my phone. FYI - I do not sync over the air with exchange...
Old 06-25-2010, 01:24 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achristocat View Post

Are you syncing with an Exchange client? More than a few people I know with WinMo have issues using the client to Exchange and it mostly turned out to be issues with settings not being correct. Check settings and make sure Outlook is open when syncing...When outlook is not open in the background I get all sorts of errors...

I've used NRG's ROM for the past few days. Syncs no problem. I'm not syncing with an exchange server, but my company emails sync fine with my phone. FYI - I do not sync over the air with exchange...

Search is your friend...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66973
Old 06-25-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ThrottleAbuse is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarlo View Post
The Copy Directory functionality does not work on NRG ROMs. I think bobbyblack misunderstood your question. The exporter exports registry keys for import on your next flash. It does not export or copy files or folders. To do this, look into creating a mortscript.

You could try this
Thanks. I had been asking over on XDA and no one mentioned that fact about NRG Roms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieyee View Post
I just do it thru mortscript instead. I run this separately after the XDA_UC, but I think you can copy a mortscript into the XDA_UC folder and it will execute it... Here is an example mortscript:

mysettings.mscr
==============

Vibrate(1000)
Copy( "\Storage Card\Settings\ygoservice.db", "\Application Data\HTC\ygo\ygoservice.db", TRUE )
Copy( "\Storage Card\Settings\nanogroove\ng.cfg", "\Application Data\nanoGroove\ng.cfg", TRUE )
Delete("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\iGuidance Launcher.lnk")

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the help. This has been pissing me off for weeks. I am assuming I can just create this file in notepad and label it with a .mscr extension? Can anyone confirm that I can then just copy it into my XDA_UC folder? Here is what I came up with for in the file.

Copy( "\Storage Card\Ringtones\NICKANI.WAV", "\Windows\Rings\NICKANI.WAV", TRUE )
Copy( "\Storage Card\Ringtones\RINGDING.MP3", "\Windows\Rings\RINGDING.MP3", TRUE )
Copy( "\Storage Card\IGo8.lnk", "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\GPS\IGo8.lnk", TRUE )
Old 06-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Lurker

hira is a n00b

Thanks for your quick suggestions.

The patch (WMPolicyPatch.zip) at the following link works fine with my HTC Touch Pro2 (with build 21907).

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66973

Now, I am able to sync with my work e-mails (Exchange ActiveSync) over the air.

Can some one provide the solution for the following thing:
Old 06-25-2010, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

meachi04 is just getting started

Love this ROM! I've been using Energy ROMs for a very long time. I do need a little help though. I'm running the Energy.RHODCDMA.21907.Sense2.5 (Jun.22) on the Cricket network. I can't seem to get the "Weather Toggle Switch" to work. Am I doing something wrong?? Also, I haven't been able to get my facebook Tab to update, I was wondering if this was because I'm using this ROM with Cricket?! Hope I don't sound off, but plz help if you can... Thanks!!
Old 06-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

jonahtriangle@hotmail.com is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailblazerman View Post
Anyone know where I can download one of the old ROMs? Sounds like someone really likes the May 11th ROM. Just wanted to try it. Thanks!
Yes me too! any links?
Old 06-25-2010, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

garyflynn is keeping up the good workgaryflynn is keeping up the good work

Question: What is the suggested way to set an energy rom so that it automatically locks the device when I turn off the screen with the hardware button?
Old 06-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Lurker
Carrier: us cellular

jonahtriangle@hotmail.com is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahtriangle@hotmail.com View Post
Yes me too! any links?
Found it.

http://energyrom.fmads.dk/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development