View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 08:26 PM
sandfox24
PPCGeeks Regular

sandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 28| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
After reading the post from Sarc... and seeing other people mentioning the same kind of issues over the last couple of months I am convinced that this is hardware related. I think that the quality varies from batches of TP2' s manufactured. I personally have never had the SOD "Sleep of Death" that Sarc and so many other have had and I can say that I run my phone for days with no issues or lockups. I might reset 1 a week. I would be curious if they is a way to tell if there is a build date on a TP2 or a batch/manufacturing # so we can see if there is some king of way to narrow this down. (just my thought)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I totally agree that it seems like the newer TP2s seem to have more issues than the older ones, I was speaking with darren wilson about this very issue not long ago. I have never had a SOD on mine or any lockups that wasn't from software/cab issues and I have never had an issue with flashing any ROMs like the newer ones have, I also believe that it might be something with the unlocker also, older TP2s unlock fine with the old unlocker but the newer TP2s seem to need the newer unlocker, this is just my opinion though.
I have to agree also. I have seen the same things happen in the PC world. Two identical machines behaving differently. I have always felt that some of the issues were from RAM. After replacing sticks that were functional, cleared some very weird software issues. Our phones are slightly different based on carrier, small hardware tweaks done by HTC as requested for brands. But we all know the biggest change is the label and that makes a huge difference. Just like my Toomey stickers on my quad makes it faster than the one next to me.