PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 08:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 5| 21916|23150 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Larson View Post
I noticed today that my Internet Sharing doesn't work... when I open the Internet Sharing program, it doesn't populate the Connections drop down, and there's nothing in there so the program's Start sharing button is grayed out.

Wifi sharing works, but I'd rather use USB to extend battery life. What do I need to do to populate the Connections drop-down menu?
Usually that gets fixed when you put in a SIM card, any sim card works, even Belgian Congo Cellular or Antarctic Penguin PCS
Old 12-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 5| 21916|23150 * Sense 20

has anyone ever bought a GSM prepaid sim card and put it in the phone so when your not around one of our towers that it will automatically pick-up a GSM tower? i have always thought about this but never seen it discussed or tried, but then again i really never tried to research it either, would be cool to be able to have it switch between the two networks if that's possible and then that way we always have a signal.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
has anyone ever bought a GSM prepaid sim card and put it in the phone so when your not around one of our towers that it will automatically pick-up a GSM tower? i have always thought about this but never seen it discussed or tried, but then again i really never tried to research it either, would be cool to be able to have it switch between the two networks if that's possible and then that way we always have a signal.
I have put a card, but it has never happened that I have GSM and no CDMA. When I am in the desert in places like eastern Wyoming, there's usually an alltel signal, but no GSM for hours. So it would not help there. Between Alltel and VErizon, they have most of the places with little signal covered, which GSM carriers do not, not much money to be made there. The other issue is that that once it switche to GSM, it will stay there unless you force it to go back to CDMA, so you would use up all your prepaid. I had this issue when I was trying it. But when it ran out of GSM it did switch back to CDMA, but only if I had it in Automatic, which gets you stuck at 1x rTTs speed. Verizon bought AllTell (thanks FCC for allowing even less competition), and Sprint has roaming agreement, so if there's no Sprint signal, we can use a Verizon/AllTell CDMA signal.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Naveronski is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Naveronski Send a message via AIM to Naveronski Send a message via MSN to Naveronski Send a message via Yahoo to Naveronski

I've noticed that Sense seems to blur my wallpaper. How can I disable this?

My lock screen wallpaper appears much clearer than when it's viewed as background in Sense.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Silencing Incoming Call Ringtones & Disappearing Favorite Contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fade007 View Post
I can confirm that you can silence the ringer with the volume buttons on NRG ROM. At least you were able to a few versions back (September if I remember correctly).
I can't say on the new one cause I haven't gone there yet.
Your right it previously was a common feature i used to press volume down and it would silence the ringer and the vibration BUT ever since September pressing vol down doesnt do that anymore, its one of the small things that i miss and i thought maybe it was just me. Its good to hear someone else noticed it also.

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

bugs9477 is keeping up the good workbugs9477 is keeping up the good work
Re: Silencing Incoming Call Ringtones & Disappearing Favorite Contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
Your right it previously was a common feature i used to press volume down and it would silence the ringer and the vibration BUT ever since September pressing vol down doesnt do that anymore, its one of the small things that i miss and i thought maybe it was just me. Its good to hear someone else noticed it also.
Im using Dec 5 Dinik Cookie 2 the volume down silences ite ringer and sets it to vibrate!
Old 12-13-2010, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Make sure you have "Single Volume" On , in Sence Bar to Settings / Sound & Display
It is always set to ON By default maybe you switched it!

Last edited by bugs9477; 12-13-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

@bugs9477 actually i meant during a phone call when the phone in ringing and you dont want to pick it up and ur hand aint free to press the mute button for whatever reason , you were able to press the vol down once and the current calls ring ( and vibrate) woud be scilenced ( ie it acted as if mute were pressed)

Otherwise the volume rocker works like normal and yes u can press it repeatedly to bring up the volume or lower/ silence / vibrate it.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveronski View Post
I've noticed that Sense seems to blur my wallpaper. How can I disable this?

My lock screen wallpaper appears much clearer than when it's viewed as background in Sense.
Edit

Try this first just updated to the latest Dinik Cookie and my wallpaper was displaying in lowres kind of blurry, I had to go to Start / Settings / Home / Mark the "use this wallpaper as the background" then hit the Browse button and point to your wallpaper!

If you are using Cookie try, from the home screen, Menu in the soft bar and choose CHTEditor then Miscellaneous scroll to Wallpaper mode and try the three different settings applying changes after each change maybe even a soft reset after each!

If that doesn't work try from home screen / menu Set Wallpaper / All Tabs, sett these two to your wallpaper, even if they are set them again!

Last edited by bugs9477; 12-14-2010 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Another suggestion
Old 12-13-2010, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
@bugs9477 actually i meant during a phone call when the phone in ringing and you dont want to pick it up and ur hand aint free to press the mute button for whatever reason , you were able to press the vol down once and the current calls ring ( and vibrate) woud be scilenced ( ie it acted as if mute were pressed)

Otherwise the volume rocker works like normal and yes u can press it repeatedly to bring up the volume or lower/ silence / vibrate it.
Oh my apologize missunderstood you! For that I just pull the phone away from my face and swipe to ignore! but the volume rocker would be more convenient!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development