PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Silencing Incoming Call Ringtones & Disappearing Favorite Contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbierob03 View Post
Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for. The only other question I have is why doesn't my phone automatically go into landscape mode when turned now? I really only noticed it when I tried to read email, but it seems like it will only go into landscape when in Opera. I've recalibrated my G-sensor and looked through every setting I could find to no avail.
use the program BSB tweaks to set what you want to go into landscape and which ones you don't, you can even add programs/tabs that you want to go into landscape that's not in the list.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Was in extreme north Missouri. Just before crossing over IA/MO border I was getting the message every few minutes till it picked up a 3g coverage.

Just wish there was an easy way to not display that message.

But I don't go that route very often so hopefully wont see it again till I have to go that way. (I-35 South from Mid Iowa to Kansas City, MO).
Well, I think there is a way to fix it.
When I first started flashing my TP2, I was using NRG ROMS - got this "Voice Only Network" error message constantly. Then when BIG started making ROMs, I switched to his - never ever got the error message. Now that BIG is gone, I switched back to NRG ROMs, and get the error message again. I live in a fringe area in South Dakota, so this message is a huge PITA.

So, there is a way to "fix" the ROM so that the error does not appear, but the chefs must have shared solutions.
I too came to Energys ROM from BIG Maxsense.

Really hope a chef can chime in and let us know what the fix might be...and if its able to be installed after rom flash or if needs to be at rom flash time.

I did have my GSM sim card in the phone as well but didnt think this should have any affect on it (I set the network to cdma only as a battery saving tweak).

Thanks.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 12-13-2010, 01:50 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 5| 21916|23150 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post
Well, I think there is a way to fix it.
When I first started flashing my TP2, I was using NRG ROMS - got this "Voice Only Network" error message constantly. Then when BIG started making ROMs, I switched to his - never ever got the error message. Now that BIG is gone, I switched back to NRG ROMs, and get the error message again. I live in a fringe area in South Dakota, so this message is a huge PITA.

So, there is a way to "fix" the ROM so that the error does not appear, but the chefs must have shared solutions.
If you tell me the exact verbiage of the error message... word for word, I will get rid of it. If you can, PM it to me

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:48 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 5| 21916|23150 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
If you tell me the exact verbiage of the error message... word for word, I will get rid of it. If you can, PM it to me
Hey big cheese, how's it going?
Can you take a look @ this faq...
http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...t_post_here.29

This the structure people came up with... wiki... Alpha in FAQ... so people could find the issue.. started with the Q's I pooled a month or so ago & you answered.. I solicited input many times here.

Same old Q's & A's being asked again & again, so may as well get a link to a faq in post 6... BUT, wanted to see if you gave a rats a$$, hated it or should I just have mod link it? Any other suggestions?

PM me please, otherwise I'll ASSume you're OK with it or whatever & just get it linked up here in a few days...

yea, yea... it's been forever... both vehicles broke, so did laptop, 2 PC's... yada yada..

...USB port out again on TP2, going to get another now... backup, flash stock & relock first.. hope for good mojo & OC to 800! :>))

Last edited by teradog; 12-13-2010 at 03:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

tommygnns is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
never heard of an option to silence/stop vibrating of an incoming call when the phone is in your pocket besides the pocket mode that increases the ring, or using the mute button on the call screen, but then again that requires you to take the phone out of your pocket and hit the mute button, but if you know that you don't want your phone to ring just make a quicklink/widget to toggle vibrate or silence on one of your hometabs, it's quick and easy that way.
The "silence a call while phone is in my pocket" thing was poorly described on my end.

What I actually meant: Hypothetically, I'm in a situation where I dumbly forget to put my phone on silent or vibrate. I receive a call. What I'd like to be able to do is reach in my pocket and quickly and completely silence the call (ringtone AND vibrating) by pressing a hardware button like one of the volume buttons.

What I currently would have to do in order to silence the ringtone of an incoming call would be to take the phone out of my pocket and press the mute ringtone soft button on the screen during that incoming call.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
yea, yea... it's been forever... both vehicles broke, so did laptop, 2 PC's... yada yada..

:>))
I know I check the forum too much when I actually started to wonder what happen to you, and hoped everything was OK !!!! Glad to see you back.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC Arrive

fade007 is keeping up the good workfade007 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygnns View Post
The "silence a call while phone is in my pocket" thing was poorly described on my end.

What I actually meant: Hypothetically, I'm in a situation where I dumbly forget to put my phone on silent or vibrate. I receive a call. What I'd like to be able to do is reach in my pocket and quickly and completely silence the call (ringtone AND vibrating) by pressing a hardware button like one of the volume buttons.

What I currently would have to do in order to silence the ringtone of an incoming call would be to take the phone out of my pocket and press the mute ringtone soft button on the screen during that incoming call.
I can confirm that you can silence the ringer with the volume buttons on NRG ROM. At least you were able to a few versions back (September if I remember correctly).
I can't say on the new one cause I haven't gone there yet.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
PM sent your way. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Mark Larson is a n00b

I noticed today that my Internet Sharing doesn't work... when I open the Internet Sharing program, it doesn't populate the Connections drop down, and there's nothing in there so the program's Start sharing button is grayed out.

Wifi sharing works, but I'd rather use USB to extend battery life. What do I need to do to populate the Connections drop-down menu?
Old 12-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygnns View Post

i'm not 100% sure on this as i have never used it, but i believe the rhodiumkbdcontrol is what you can install and then you can map it to be able to do what you want to do, i know you can map buttons to do other things with it so i would think that you can use it to map to a volume button and make it silence the phone, maybe someone else that has used the program or done this can chime in. here's the link to the cab: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...l_cdma_1.4.zip

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development