View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 01:30 PM
PPCFreak
Almost a VIP

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Was in extreme north Missouri. Just before crossing over IA/MO border I was getting the message every few minutes till it picked up a 3g coverage.

Just wish there was an easy way to not display that message.

But I don't go that route very often so hopefully wont see it again till I have to go that way. (I-35 South from Mid Iowa to Kansas City, MO).
Well, I think there is a way to fix it.
When I first started flashing my TP2, I was using NRG ROMS - got this "Voice Only Network" error message constantly. Then when BIG started making ROMs, I switched to his - never ever got the error message. Now that BIG is gone, I switched back to NRG ROMs, and get the error message again. I live in a fringe area in South Dakota, so this message is a huge PITA.

So, there is a way to "fix" the ROM so that the error does not appear, but the chefs must have shared solutions.
I too came to Energys ROM from BIG Maxsense.

Really hope a chef can chime in and let us know what the fix might be...and if its able to be installed after rom flash or if needs to be at rom flash time.

I did have my GSM sim card in the phone as well but didnt think this should have any affect on it (I set the network to cdma only as a battery saving tweak).

Thanks.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th