PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

bugs9477 is keeping up the good workbugs9477 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 5| 21916|23150 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim8181 View Post
Isn't it still HERE?
Thats the none Cookie!

He wants Cookie 1.8.5.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

tommygnns is becoming a great contributor
Silencing Incoming Call Ringtones & Disappearing Favorite Contacts

Hey folks - Two questions here - (Running Dec 5 6.5.x Sencity Cookie 2.0):

1) Is there any setting that allows you to silence the ringtone of an incoming call via the press of a hardware button (such as one of the volume buttons)? Currently, after pressing a volume button, I'm only able to stop the vibrating that goes along with the ringtone; the actual ringtone continues to ring. I'd essentially like to be able to silence an incoming call while the phone is still in my pocket.

2) Has anybody else experienced the disappearing and/or reordering of favorite contacts in HTC Sense? Are there any better fixes than re-starting sense or the device.... or backing the favorites up and restoring them?
Old 12-13-2010, 02:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/22.401; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyd718
Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Also, quick word of warning on 23151 Sencity: The camera does not work, so if you need the camera, hold off on flashing until a fix is ready.
i flashed the 23151 sencity cookie classic rom and i have any noticeable issues with the cam. what was the problem?
Only on cookie 2.0 that I know of. NRG knows about it.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 5| 21916|23150 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
let me hear some good and bad about the latest release's!!! im plowin snow all night and into tommorow!!! long weekend here!
werd brudda! same here haha
Old 12-13-2010, 03:17 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Silencing Incoming Call Ringtones & Disappearing Favorite Contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbierob03 View Post
Also does anyone have a transparent skin for the taskbar and softkeybar?

Thanks for helping out the newb
from the home tab click menu>set wallpaper>scroll down to skin taskbar and softkeybar and make those the same as your wallpaper and then that will make your screen appear bigger, or if you just want them plain transparent try this cab out, it's called transparent top and bottom curtain and see if that's what you want, personally i like the first option better as it matches your wallpaper and makes the screen look bigger. here's the link to the transparent top and bottom curtain: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...m-curtains.cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygnns View Post
Hey folks - Two questions here - (Running Dec 5 6.5.x Sencity Cookie 2.0):

1) Is there any setting that allows you to silence the ringtone of an incoming call via the press of a hardware button (such as one of the volume buttons)? Currently, after pressing a volume button, I'm only able to stop the vibrating that goes along with the ringtone; the actual ringtone continues to ring. I'd essentially like to be able to silence an incoming call while the phone is still in my pocket.

2) Has anybody else experienced the disappearing and/or reordering of favorite contacts in HTC Sense? Are there any better fixes than re-starting sense or the device.... or backing the favorites up and restoring them?
never heard of an option to silence/stop vibrating of an incoming call when the phone is in your pocket besides the pocket mode that increases the ring, or using the mute button on the call screen, but then again that requires you to take the phone out of your pocket and hit the mute button, but if you know that you don't want your phone to ring just make a quicklink/widget to toggle vibrate or silence on one of your hometabs, it's quick and easy that way.

nope no issues with contacts disappearing or the order of them just out of the blue reorganizing themselves, sounds to me like you have something installed that's causing that, so you might want to check your cabs that you have installed and see if one of them is causing that.

Last edited by KIOWA69; 12-13-2010 at 03:19 AM. Reason: forgot to add link
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

silkassassain is just getting started

i hate having to keep all my ringtones & text tones in the ROOT of my storage card. Is there a way to get my phone to read ringtones in my folder on my SD card

Old 12-13-2010, 03:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygnns View Post
Hey folks -
I have this now in my own custom rom I made. Only happened once, so wasn't worth the time to figure it out due to holiday shopping and being ill This issue was also brought up while I was testing out Sharkies rom (p152). Seems like others have this issue and isn't chef/rom specific.

Last edited by steveo70; 12-13-2010 at 04:04 AM. Reason: added info
Old 12-13-2010, 08:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

robbierob03 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
from the home tab click menu>set wallpaper>scroll down to skin taskbar and softkeybar and make those the same as your wallpaper and then that will make your screen appear bigger, or if you just want them plain transparent try this cab out, it's called transparent top and bottom curtain and see if that's what you want, personally i like the first option better as it matches your wallpaper and makes the screen look bigger. here's the link to the transparent top and bottom curtain: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...m-curtains.cab ....
Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for. The only other question I have is why doesn't my phone automatically go into landscape mode when turned now? I really only noticed it when I tried to read email, but it seems like it will only go into landscape when in Opera. I've recalibrated my G-sensor and looked through every setting I could find to no avail.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkassassain View Post
i hate having to keep all my ringtones & text tones in the ROOT of my storage card. Is there a way to get my phone to read ringtones in my folder on my SD card
yes theres a way. put your ringtones in this folder
Storage Card/My Documents/My Ringtones

that has always worked for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Was in extreme north Missouri. Just before crossing over IA/MO border I was getting the message every few minutes till it picked up a 3g coverage.

Just wish there was an easy way to not display that message.

But I don't go that route very often so hopefully wont see it again till I have to go that way. (I-35 South from Mid Iowa to Kansas City, MO).
Well, I think there is a way to fix it.
When I first started flashing my TP2, I was using NRG ROMS - got this "Voice Only Network" error message constantly. Then when BIG started making ROMs, I switched to his - never ever got the error message. Now that BIG is gone, I switched back to NRG ROMs, and get the error message again. I live in a fringe area in South Dakota, so this message is a huge PITA.

So, there is a way to "fix" the ROM so that the error does not appear, but the chefs must have shared solutions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development