PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 12:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 19| 21916|23148 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
OC 1.5 as of now
A straight flash without any tweaks proved battery life very dismall.
I feel at this stage of such a high polished rom that I should'nt still be encountering this.

I may be totally wrong, my assumption but I believe problem lies
in the packages of the rom that deal with the radio.
Notice how different it is ,
that you can't find the setting in phone settings where you can edit the text message for not answering calls, where it usually says something like. "I am busy right now I'll call you back" ..
This text message option may be somewhere else, but it should beinphone settings and it is not.
Which leads me to believe if NRG used more sprint or CDMA specific files, it could help with radio sucking the life out of you.
So yes I am assuming the battery life issues lie in this area.

With this rom I had to switch to this "OCT" overclock program to help save battery,
So I had to use this one as well since it underclocks to save battery,
But I only have it set at one step so it only switches back and forth from only to frequencys.

Also the Opera in this rom is not setup optimally.
A few reg edits andit can be made buttery smooth.
I'll make a cab up L8tr wen I get home.
Edit: Instead of postong in a post, I will post a new thread for these topics.,
As I realize my battery cab is in this thread and not properly open to discussion.

I also do not advise anyone trying a "zero" page pool on the 21916 rom as I ended up with practically no ram.
the rom has 22 as default so I will flash again at that setting.

Last edited by Maxx134; 11-23-2010 at 12:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 19| 21916|23148 * Sense 20

@maxx mind posting a linky to that thread?

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??
Old 11-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Jim8181

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

my shakes are subsiding...
Old 11-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

doublearon is a n00b

I downloaded the Energy Rom with CHT 2.0 from Nov. 19, and for the first time I don't think Quick Shutodwn was cooked in, when I use the action menu, and click shutdown, the progress icon appears, but no quick shutdown menu. Only way I can turn my phone off is to take out the battery or reset it. Just FYI.

Also found the ROM very slow at responding from sleep, the lock screen hangs after pressing the standby button.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Jim8181

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublearon View Post
I downloaded the Energy Rom with CHT 2.0 from Nov. 19, and for the first time I don't think Quick Shutodwn was cooked in, when I use the action menu, and click shutdown, the progress icon appears, but no quick shutdown menu. Only way I can turn my phone off is to take out the battery or reset it. Just FYI.

Also found the ROM very slow at responding from sleep, the lock screen hangs after pressing the standby button.
This will help... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1999782-post28552.html
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855
Carrier: Sprint

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublearon View Post

The solution to the Quick Shutdown issue is here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1999782-post28552.html

edit: Jim8181 was quicker than me!

Last edited by t-bob; 11-24-2010 at 11:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

GuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
A straight flash without any tweaks proved battery life very dismall.
I feel at this stage of such a high polished rom that I should'nt still be encountering this.

I may be totally wrong, my assumption but I believe problem lies
in the packages of the rom that deal with the radio.
Notice how different it is ,
that you can't find the setting in phone settings where you can edit the text message for not answering calls, where it usually says something like. "I am busy right now I'll call you back" ..
This text message option may be somewhere else, but it should beinphone settings and it is not.
Which leads me to believe if NRG used more sprint or CDMA specific files, it could help with radio sucking the life out of you.
So yes I am assuming the battery life issues lie in this area.

With this rom I had to switch to this "OCT" overclock program to help save battery,
So I had to use this one as well since it underclocks to save battery,
But I only have it set at one step so it only switches back and forth from only to frequencys.

Also the Opera in this rom is not setup optimally.
A few reg edits andit can be made buttery smooth.
I'll make a cab up L8tr wen I get home.
Edit: Instead of postong in a post, I will post a new thread for these topics.,
As I realize my battery cab is in this thread and not properly open to discussion.

I also do not advise anyone trying a "zero" page pool on the 21916 rom as I ended up with practically no ram.
the rom has 22 as default so I will flash again at that setting.
I’d like to add my 2 cents to the battery issue…

I had been flashing Energy, RHODCDMA, 21916, Sense2.5, Cookie ROMs for 5 or 6 months; upgrading every new version. Some versions had okay battery life while many had poor battery life.

I work at home so my reception is very consistent, along with my use of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

I tried the various battery cab fixes, including different radios and setting my phone to 1x as opposed to EVDO. I saw minimal gains at best. I was lucky to get 8 hours of daily use before my battery was dead.

I over-clocked, under-clocked and bought multiple higher capacity batteries. I disabled animations, reduced updating my weather and email, reduced my screen brightness until it was almost unusable and even removed my storage card. Still, I got nothing beyond 8 hours on a good day.

I think you get the picture. I aggressively pursued any method I read about to improve my battery life.

Then I tried SPB Mobile Shell 3.5. I had used it with my Mogul, but I really liked the “Flash” of the Sense 2.5 compared Mobile Shell. One of the main reasons I went back to Mobile Shell was I missed the call filtering and profiles of a companion product SPB Phone Suite. It’s an older product that does not run in Sense.

I flashed Energy, RHODCDMA, 21916, Titanium, Oct.15, installed Mobile Shell and my usual applications. After a few days (okay maybe a week) of fiddling, I got a configuration I liked. Then I noticed my battery was lasting more than 2 days!

I over-clocked back to 729.6 MHz and put my email and weather updates back to schedules that suit me. Still more than 2 days of battery life!

I have the same radio, same cool Energy add-ins, usage and etc. The only real difference is no Sense…

I’m not trying to argue the virtues of Mobile Shell. I’m saying I believe the battery drain is Sense and nothing else.

As a bonus, I use Energy’s Compact Start Menu and have over 100 MB of free RAM.

Thanks Energy for the exceptional work.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Guyintulsa,

A few things that you can try in Sense are to reduce the weather polling and facebook updates. Also try removing any sense tabs that you don't use. You can also set your email to manually check (I don't like that setting) which will help some.
Overall I am getting better than 24 hours of battery (with overclocking to 710) but I'm still on Sep 29 CHT 2.0. I'm about to flash the latest 6.5.x CHT 2.0 to compare though.

David
Old 11-24-2010, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work

Hello everybody.
I don't know if I am the only one having this problem. I have mentioned it before. Even after the final release, I have sudden freezes and delays with CHT 2.0, while when I install a CHT 1.8.5 everything works great. I like 2.0 because it has a lot more options, but sometimes these freezes and delays get on my nerves. What confuses me is that we all have the same phone, and many say that 2.0 is faster. I would like to know in what way y'all find it faster, because I don't.
I have to clarify, I always use 6.5.x, the ROM with the start button at the bottom. maybe I should try the 6.5 with CHT 2.0 if I am the only one with this issue.
I don't have music, facebook or tweeter apps, and have minimal animations, no overclocking (can't see a big difference).
Thanks,
Al
Old 11-24-2010, 03:49 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInTulsa View Post
I’d like to add my 2 cents to the battery issue…

I had been flashing Energy, RHODCDMA, 21916, Sense2.5, Cookie ROMs for 5 or 6 months; upgrading every new version. Some versions had okay battery life while many had poor battery life.

I work at home so my reception is very consistent, along with my use of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

I tried the various battery cab fixes, including different radios and setting my phone to 1x as opposed to EVDO. I saw minimal gains at best. I was lucky to get 8 hours of daily use before my battery was dead.

I over-clocked, under-clocked and bought multiple higher capacity batteries. I disabled animations, reduced updating my weather and email, reduced my screen brightness until it was almost unusable and even removed my storage card. Still, I got nothing beyond 8 hours on a good day.

I think you get the picture. I aggressively pursued any method I read about to improve my battery life.

Then I tried SPB Mobile Shell 3.5. I had used it with my Mogul, but I really liked the “Flash” of the Sense 2.5 compared Mobile Shell. One of the main reasons I went back to Mobile Shell was I missed the call filtering and profiles of a companion product SPB Phone Suite. It’s an older product that does not run in Sense.

I flashed Energy, RHODCDMA, 21916, Titanium, Oct.15, installed Mobile Shell and my usual applications. After a few days (okay maybe a week) of fiddling, I got a configuration I liked. Then I noticed my battery was lasting more than 2 days!

I over-clocked back to 729.6 MHz and put my email and weather updates back to schedules that suit me. Still more than 2 days of battery life!

I have the same radio, same cool Energy add-ins, usage and etc. The only real difference is no Sense…

I’m not trying to argue the virtues of Mobile Shell. I’m saying I believe the battery drain is Sense and nothing else.

As a bonus, I use Energy’s Compact Start Menu and have over 100 MB of free RAM.

Thanks Energy for the exceptional work.
I feel the same way. I switched to SPB Mobile Shell and have experienced improved battery life over Cookie 2.0.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development