PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 13| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =JSG= View Post
That worked perfect, wonder why this option is not included in the ROMs?

Because it's still very early in development still. VolDeus is releasing a new version every couple of days. Some of the things in his to-do list are great too, like applying different images on different tabs, auto rotating images in a folder, etc.

I would guess NRG will cook it in when it gets to a more developed stage (maybe 1.0 final instead of the 0.6b7 that it currently is) and if he deems it stable enough to be cooked in.

LAWL
Old 05-14-2010, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Google Nexus by Verizon
Carrier: Verizon

JDwg78 is a n00b
Talking Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkennedy View Post
Correction, it does update now correctly with the tweet without switching back and forth between tabs now *however* it does not audibly notify for regular tweets. Only direct messages or mentions.

Is anyone aware of how to make it notify you of all tweet updates? I see registry entries for the notifications of direct messages and mentions they go like:

\HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\HTC\TwitterApp\IsTweetNewDirectMsgNT FOn with a value of 1 for yes of course.

other value is \IsTweetNewMentionsNTFOn with a value of 1. ?
OK! For anyone who wants to be notified for all tweets here is your answer!! I made a new registry key (pulled this one out of my a** and it worked!!!)

I added the following value right after the above values:

"\HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\HTC\TwitterApp\IsTweetNewTweetNTFOn" with a value of 1

And it worked!!! Now all tweet updates I get from anyone (In this case we're using it at work only for all teammates.... we get the audible and vibrating notification for all tweets.

*Cheer*

Yay! Hope this helps someone else out there!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
I find that a good 90% of the time I have sashimi auto import my facebook or twitter settings causes more problems than it's worth. Have you auto imported your login information? If yes, I suggest a HR without importing your settings.
I have had 100% reliability having Sashimi import my facebook and twitter tab settings for about 4 months or so. After flash, I give it about 10 minutes to download my email, contacts, facebook contact links, twitter tab, facebook tab, etc.

I previously posted my reg files for these, with the account id/pws blanked out.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=11767
Old 05-14-2010, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Howie411 is just getting started
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 13| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Any chance of getting the new MS office Mobile cooked in? I read MS is offering it free to all 6.5 customers.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarlo View Post
All cabs, whether you use this beta version or the cooked in version are installed in numeric then alphbetic order. So, if you look at Riptide9's cab list, he has them all numbered. This is so they will install in that specific order.

As far as where the shortcut goes in the start menu, I am going to test some things on this 5/13 release. I'll let you know. I'm just going to follow the instructions NRG provided. I'll probably install all my apps to my storage card, copy the .lnk files that get created in the device start menu folder to the \XDA_UC\Start Menu\ folder which I will create, then re-flash. all of the apps that I had installed to my storage card will no longer be in the device start menu and XDA_UC will then move the .lnk files to the folder that I want them to. When I click on the shortcut in the start menu, it should open the app just fine. we'll see...
Thanks given for the detailed response, which I appreciate. As I said, my Sashimi is working so perfectly I'm hesitant to make a change that won't gain me any new capabilities, and might even take some away.

Riptide's numbered CABs are for his Sashimi setup, and I do the same with Sashimi as well. Glad to hear XDA_UC also supports this.

Looks like auto installing links to a specific folder is the only thing XDA_UC may not do yet. Let me know if you find a way to do it. In Sashimi, you simply create an entry in an ini file like "FreeCaddie*=Programs\GPS". This will put any links installed by CABS named FreeCaddie* into the GPS folder automatically. If a new version of the CAB creates new links or additional links, this will automatically handle it.

I'll keep watching XDA_UC develop and see if it catches up to Sashimi.

Thanks again for the detailed reply.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TITAN, RHODIUM
Carrier: VZW, Sprint

princeofppc is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie411 View Post
Any chance of getting the new MS office Mobile cooked in? I read MS is offering it free to all 6.5 customers.

i think its already cooked in.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 3D

Avenger666 is keeping up the good workAvenger666 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Avenger666 Send a message via MSN to Avenger666 Send a message via Yahoo to Avenger666

whats up with the " \ " " / " , i pressed them and they put " ; " " : "
Old 05-14-2010, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: VZN

tyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger666 View Post
install the sprint keyboard fix cab
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1260320101

Last edited by tyty1978; 05-14-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger666 View Post
P . P .. P ... Pun ... Punch ... (twitch)...(twitch)

lol
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

could someone tell me the name of a cab that I can use to fix the ## code ? I tried the one i had from TP but it doesn't work with tp2.

Thanks?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development