PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkennedy View Post
Hey guys, this is important to me so I'd love some support and help. My Peep widget on the HTC Touch Pro 2 NRG May 9th rom....issue. Doesn't show an update unless I click update manually OR I click the Twitter tab (at the bottom) and then click another tab, then click twitter tab again, then I see them.

We're using Twitter for work and I have it set to check every 5 minutes. I do have some battery saving cabs installed (the shoa one I think and the TVOut disabling one) but that's all.

My friend that I work with has this ROM installed too and he has the exact same problem.

Help!!!! I really need help because we are using twitter for work notifications and I and my friend aren't getting them and we just aren't willing to go without NRG's too cool for words ROM.

Thanks SOO much in advance for anyone's help they can provide. I really am begging here. I've checked registry keys, I've researched it on the web, and XDA, and I can't find anything on my own so I've done my homework.

Please please please
I find that a good 90% of the time I have sashimi auto import my facebook or twitter settings causes more problems than it's worth. Have you auto imported your login information? If yes, I suggest a HR without importing your settings.

Have you gone to the data services tab and logged out and then back on to see if that changes?

I have actually stopped using HTC Peep and disabled the tab and service recently in favor of MoTweets because once peep's cache gets a bit large it really slows down all of manila. This is due to the fact that HTC Peep's cache is never cleared, so it will keep every single downloaded Tweet in that tab until you hard reset or delete that file manually.

LAWL
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

NRGZ28 think you can fix the /Aygshell.dll and shell32.exe files on your server!!! when you click on the link all it does is bring you to a blank page!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Google Nexus by Verizon

JDwg78 is a n00b
Question Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
I find that a good 90% of the time I have sashimi auto import my facebook or twitter settings causes more problems than it's worth. Have you auto imported your login information? If yes, I suggest a HR without importing your settings.

Have you gone to the data services tab and logged out and then back on to see if that changes?

I have actually stopped using HTC Peep and disabled the tab and service recently in favor of MoTweets because once peep's cache gets a bit large it really slows down all of manila. This is due to the fact that HTC Peep's cache is never cleared, so it will keep every single downloaded Tweet in that tab until you hard reset or delete that file manually.
Thank you SO MUCH for the RESPONSE No, I did not import my settings because I had major issues with it as soon as it came out so these are clean ROM installs including a Task29 prior to ROM install.

I have not gone to the services tab and logged out, but I have logged out on the Twitter widget, and then logged back in there. I will try logging in and out on the services tab, and try that but that sounds iffy.

Honestly, I've got a department of techies and a bunch are going to be using his ROM and I'm kinda umm representing lol....so I'm under the gun to figure this out somehow. They all want to use the widget for ease of use.

Anyone else or any other suggestions without having to use a different app? I'll do what I have to even if it is another app but I'd really rather not (even if I have to delete the DB sometimes to clear the Peep app DB)
Old 05-14-2010, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to muzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicast View Post
Can someone show me how to get "show icon frames" back in GTX ROM

run the CHT editor and select it from there. There may be another way on the home screen but I just am used to doing in the editor.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post

+1 on this... for some reason after every flash Sashimi sets up the HTC account manager setting, but I always have to go log out and back in to twitter from the data services tab to get twitter to work.

I think I am going to check into the MoTweets .. Thanks =D>
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwill View Post
I don't touch anything and XDA installs automatically to my device and then to the storage card. I'll find that post NRG made that explains the whole thing

Thanks. I'll admit I haven't tried it, since my Sashimi is perfectly setup, and I don't feel like learning a new system that won't gain me anything. However, others had previously posted that XDA_UC leaves you at the install screen for each CAB you want on the SD card, and you have to click SD and OK/Install or whatever the button is called. That's also what the official XDA_UC documentation says it does. Sounds like that was either changed, or inaccurate?

Does XDA_UC also give you control over the order things are installed? I.E. with Sashimi you can create subfolders under Auto/CABS, and they are installed in alphabetical/numeric order.

I also didn't see a way to tell XDA_UC what folder to put each program's shortcuts into when CABS are installed. I don't want all my programs directly in the Start menu, but under various folders. E.G. Install Slingplayer under Multimedia, nueBattery2 under Tools, etc.

XDA_UC seems to have come a long way from UC, but unless I can't find them in the documentation, lacks some key features Sashimi has. Hopefully it will continue to evolve, since I suspect Sashimi is eventually a dead-end.

create ths .mscr file. Just open notepad, paste this in it and save as InstallXDABeta.mscr. Save it directly into your XDA_UC folder on the Storage Card Root (if you don't have that folder, create it)

Code:
Run ("Storage Card\XDA_UC\Install_UC\XDA_UC.mscr")
Download the attached .zip file. Double click the file to open WinRAR or 7zip. You will see a folder called "XDA_UC_1_1_1Beta3 Legacy, Visual And User Packages". Double click that and you'll see three more folders. Double click the folder that says : "User_Storage Card". Double click the "XDA_UC" folder and extract everything in it. Move all that you just extracted to your existing XDA_UC folder in your Storage Card Root.

Your XDA_UC folder should look something like this:

The Copy2Root folder will do what it says. It will copy files directly to you device root. (Although NRG's XDA version does that already)

The Install_UC runs when the .mscr file you created earlier gets run by the cooked in XDA_UC

The Manual folder is for cabs that you want to interact with. So if you have a cab that you sometime want on you storage card and sometime on your device, put it here. XDA_UC will show the coose location screen and wait for user input

The Storage folder is for cabs you want to auto install to your storage card. XDA_UC will show the choose location screen but it will automatically select Storage card and INSTALL and then move to the next cab in that folder. It takes some time so be patient.

All cabs, whether you use this beta version or the cooked in version are installed in numeric then alphbetic order. So, if you look at Riptide9's cab list, he has them all numbered. This is so they will install in that specific order.

There is probably a newer release of the beta (maybe it is actually no longer a beta?) at Noonski's thread here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=503060
Please donate to XDA and thank him because he's done so much to change the way we flash and cook ROMs.

I've had ZERO problems with this method, so I'm not going to change until NRG cooks in a newer version that silently installs cabs to storage with no input.

As far as where the shortcut goes in the start menu, I am going to test some things on this 5/13 release. I'll let you know. I'm just going to follow the instructions NRG provided. I'll probably install all my apps to my storage card, copy the .lnk files that get created in the device start menu folder to the \XDA_UC\Start Menu\ folder which I will create, then re-flash. all of the apps that I had installed to my storage card will no longer be in the device start menu and XDA_UC will then move the .lnk files to the folder that I want them to. When I click on the shortcut in the start menu, it should open the app just fine. we'll see...
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 13| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Very good and informative post, Thanks
Old 05-14-2010, 12:57 PM
jhr
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: alltel touch pro
Carrier: alltell

jhr is keeping up the good workjhr is keeping up the good work
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 13| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

ok, i have searched and tryed diferent combos, and stock rom and sorts to get MMS to work on AT&T to receive on a VZW TP2.

I have seen post on this thread #17562 and on that page where some tried, but have not seen any replies if it worked.

I have tried on every rom that i downloaded from apr to may9. i am at work now and see there is may 13 now available=D>

cant wait to reflash. I also tried different chefs to see if it worked, nothing. When it receives it shows the file not found or something like that. Internet works, sms send and receive, mms only send. I am on a month to month basis with both verizon and at&t, and cant decide who to go with...for the moment.

I do know that Energy roms are the best, had been following him from my fuZe, alltel touchpro rom, and just sony x1a, and now the tp2.

for the moment i have may 9 cookie 21xxx rom

i even tried different arcsoft cabs claim to be for att but wont install unless i use their rom, going smash my head or the tp2 not sure yet.

hopefully someone can help. thanks

and yes i searched xda, howard forums, mobileunderground and htc, att and other places to no avail

I am selling some devices check my link at XDA
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=656109
Old 05-14-2010, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Google Nexus by Verizon

JDwg78 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkennedy View Post
Thank you SO MUCH for the RESPONSE No, I did not import my settings because I had major issues with it as soon as it came out so these are clean ROM installs including a Task29 prior to ROM install.

I have not gone to the services tab and logged out, but I have logged out on the Twitter widget, and then logged back in there. I will try logging in and out on the services tab, and try that but that sounds iffy.

Honestly, I've got a department of techies and a bunch are going to be using his ROM and I'm kinda umm representing lol....so I'm under the gun to figure this out somehow. They all want to use the widget for ease of use.

Anyone else or any other suggestions without having to use a different app? I'll do what I have to even if it is another app but I'd really rather not (even if I have to delete the DB sometimes to clear the Peep app DB)
I tried turning off Twitter sync in the settings tab, and doing a soft reset now. It said it was clearing all my messages and such and then I checked the Twitter tab and it was set back to the "Tap to login" screen. So like I said soft-resetting. When back on I will go back to settings and set up a sync again. Should I delete any files before I do this, or any registry keys??

Anyone?

Huge huge thanks for the help all!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 [Spring]
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

=JSG= is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
windows, settings, today, energyrom transp softkeys
THat just made them black not transparent

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development