PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 09:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 1| 21903|23566 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
Dear people demanding features

I was going to post a long spcheel about demanding things from someone that provides you with this sort of thing for free out of the kindness of their hearts and bla bla bla, but you know what. That's been said a thousand times before.

So this is what I will say. Good 'effing luck. If you demand that, I demand you use your brain or leave the forum.

See, now we both have unreasonable requests.

On the plus side, you guys keep demanding things and those that actually have the answers will leave because they're sick of your bs and you'll be stuck with your stock ROMs and iPhone like features in Windows Phone 7, so there's that too look forward to.

Sincerely,

-Boushh and anyone else that's sick of this forum turning into consumer support and not an enthusiast/hacker/modding forum.
+1,000,000 Love it!!!
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:51 AM
RMD
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

RMD is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to RMD Send a message via MSN to RMD Send a message via Yahoo to RMD
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 1| 21903|23566 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

On one of the screen shots the phone dialer has pictures of the contacts on the right side. Is that a GSM only thing? I have Sprint.

You'll be back!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tprime76 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to tprime76

Quote:
You might want to look HERE before posting language that is inappropriate for children.
The language issue only applies to thread titles unless you are using it to swear at people or their work. They changed the policy a few months back.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raphael

Touch Maven is a n00b

NRGZ28 been a fan of your roms for a while now. curently using your cookie 23566, its looking pretty sweet not bugs so far but i'll play with it summore and see what happends. couple issues

it may be me but the battery life dosn't seem to be what the stock rom was. i was able to sit on the internet for hours and barly touch the battery. i'v been on the internet for about an hour and i'm at 70% (i'll most likly see about a new radio because i'm not gettin the bars i did before. not sure y?!?!?)

not sure if i take requests but....

could you make a vanilla ver of your tp2 roms. i know your busy making mutiple roms but u make one the best i've ever seen (speed, looks, layout wise). i'm just looking for your rom barbone so i could install the cabs of the apps i acually use (gussing that may help speed/battery). if you could i'd be willing to donate

props props
Old 05-03-2010, 10:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

longlost is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostizzle View Post
Once again, no MMS for Verizon. May 1st CHT 23XXX build. Can send, but when I receive a message with MMS attached it says "You have recieved an MMS. Please download it." Attempt to download and it says "Unable to download message from XXX".

Clean install: Doesn't work
Carrier provisioning: Doesn't work
Edit server settings manually: Doesn't work
Install Valkyrie MMS fix 2.5: Doesn't work

So tired of this
Use Stock ROM
Old 05-03-2010, 10:43 AM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

ostizzle is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
Not to sound condensending... BUT read prior posts.. Valk no longer needed and hasnt been, if you ran it.. you broke it!

carrier provisioning does work.. did you do that 1st?

edit server settings manually... if you referring to try settings after valk... you broke it.. if your referring to your company info.. ask for help.. Politely.

clean install?? well since you borked your phone already.. reinstall the rom... read 1st. follow instructions and everything should load fine. Dont install valks software. PROVISIOING needs to be done Before you use the phone... Read above.. guy got connected to UK?? lol
I was saying that I've tried each of those options since I'm not sure which dance we're supposed to do now to get MMS working as the first post has numerous conflicting procedures.

I have tried a clean install with provisioning, then *22899. I was able to send and receive MMS. I then tried to install the HTC messaging client from NRG's download page and MMS stopped working. I suppose I'll just have to ditch the HTC client.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:46 AM
N00b

ostizzle is a n00b

Let me clarify my earlier post. I've said this before and I'll say it again: NRG's ROMs are freaking amazing. I love the eye candy and features that no other ROMs have, like the new settings importer.

My frustration is with owning a Windows Mobile device that I'm coming to dislike more everyday. I'm tired of things not working the way they are supposed to, especially after dropping $300 on a new phone.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:54 AM
jhr
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: alltel touch pro
Carrier: alltell

jhr is keeping up the good workjhr is keeping up the good work

To all that have MMS problems with Verizon....

I have May 1 GTX 6.5x Rom installed. The very first thing I did was dial *228....option 1

phone reseted itself after it was done programming. Then I installed the Verizon Keyboard Fix. did not restart. Then I went to start>tools> provisional and clicked on Verizon. on the right corner bottom click apply. After that it requests to restart click ok.

Take a picture and send it to yourself. IT all works. Good Luck......I do not even flash back to original just install new, let it boot through and then hard reset and then what I described

I am selling some devices check my link at XDA
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=656109
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tprime76 View Post
The language issue only applies to thread titles unless you are using it to swear at people or their work. They changed the policy a few months back.
Wrong, and a total threadjack.

Quote:
2) Be polite and treat fellow members with respect (Zero Tolerance Rule*)
No Flaming anyone, we are all friends. This includes starting threads about a person or an issue. If there is an issue with something, it belongs in PMs, NOT in the public forum. Do not call out people in the forums, this belongs in PMs. Do not swear/curse at other members by calling them names or directed towards their work. Racial/Sexist slurs will also not be tolerated at all. If you have an issue with someone, PM a staff member. Unless addressing a matter to a Moderator or Admin do not post a PM received from someone in the forums.
But I'm done with this subject, the gent (ostizzle) that did it initially apologized and we're working towards a solution with his problem now, thanks for your feedback.

ostizzle - I think after a day or two you wont miss HTC Messaging at all. I went through withdraws from it too, but after day three or so I totally forgot I ever used it.

LAWL
Old 05-03-2010, 12:37 PM
N00b

ostizzle is a n00b

Quote:
ostizzle - I think after a day or two you wont miss HTC Messaging at all. I went through withdraws from it too, but after day three or so I totally forgot I ever used it.
It looks like that's what I'll have to do.

Here's the most frustrating part:

I just flashed my friend's phone with the same ROM yesterday, installed HTC messaging, then provisioning, and his works!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development