PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 12:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 1| 21903|23566 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkassassain View Post
How do I use Remote Desktop Mobile

You know, I have never been able to get that to work properly but I also have a preference to using VNC clients instead of Windows Remote Administration.

For your computer(s) you will need a to install a VNC server. I like UltraVNC
and for your phone you will need a client. I like This One

You just need to plug the IP of your desktop into the client on your phone and set a password (if you want) and off you go. If your trying to connect through a router/firewall you will need to set up the proper permissions as well.

LAWL
Old 05-03-2010, 01:00 AM
N00b

ostizzle is a n00b
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 1| 21903|23566 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
You might want to look HERE before posting language that is inappropriate for children.

You also might want to try HERE to help with a solution. MMS works just fine for me, every flash, every time.... since like, ever.

Right now it just sounds like it's a serious pebcap error, I hope you can sort that out. It will probably take time though.
My apologies. I rarely post here and am used to another forum which implements a swear filter. I edited my original post.

Thanks for the links, I'll give them a try.

Last edited by ostizzle; 05-03-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Anyone know where the setting is to NOT create a new note when on a call while talking on the phone and you take your stylus out?
Used to be under the advanced tab in the dialer once upon a time but of course it isn't there.

Last edited by dtrush; 05-03-2010 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Clarify
Old 05-03-2010, 01:06 AM
N00b

ostizzle is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
My MMS on VZW works. I just do carrier provisioning and dial *22899. NO cabs to install, no settings to edit.

Stock ROM is always there if you need it.

And what's with all the whiners on this thread lately? Cook your own ROM if you don't find any you like. It's not like you paid for this.
Are you using Sense 2.5? And did you install the HTC messaging client?
Old 05-03-2010, 01:15 AM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostizzle View Post
Sense 2.5, nothing installed, no client. Just Flashed, Provisioned, *22899, messages. I think where many people mess up is there was a time when cabs were needed to make messaging work. Not anymore. I'm not sure if *22899 helps, but I task29 and hard reset with flashes.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:

MMS will not work with HTC Messaging. Verizon changed something on their end at the end of February and it hasn't worked since. You should still be able to send and receive with HTC Messaging installed, you will just have to go to Start -> Internet -> Messaging (which is arcsoft) to be able to view them. To send them via HTC Album you will go to Share -> Email -> Picture Message however I haven't tried to deal with HTC messaging in several months so I can't promise one way or another that this will work. I can promise you're giving yourself a lot more of a headache using HTC Messaging though, but to each their own. We all have the choice to use what we want.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Telus

bman2010 is a n00b

I ould like to just say thank you. I am sure you put alot of work and time into these roms, and I for one appreciate it. I think your roms are the best ones out there.

Keep up the great work.

Thank you
Old 05-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Not to sound condensending... BUT read prior posts.. Valk no longer needed and hasnt been, if you ran it.. you broke it!

carrier provisioning does work.. did you do that 1st?

edit server settings manually... if you referring to try settings after valk... you broke it.. if your referring to your company info.. ask for help.. Politely.

clean install?? well since you borked your phone already.. reinstall the rom... read 1st. follow instructions and everything should load fine. Dont install valks software. PROVISIOING needs to be done Before you use the phone... Read above.. guy got connected to UK?? lol

Quote:
Once again, no MMS for Verizon. May 1st CHT 23XXX build. Can send, but when I receive a message with MMS attached it says "You have recieved an MMS. Please download it." Attempt to download and it says "Unable to download message from XXX".

Clean install: Doesn't work
Carrier provisioning: Doesn't work
Edit server settings manually: Doesn't work
Install Valkyrie MMS fix 2.5: Doesn't work

So tired of this

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Cobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good work
Sense Internet Tab Bug

Try adding a website to your Sense Internet Tab using the hardware keyboard. Don't specify an already saved Favorite, type one in manually.

Sucks doesn't it? (When you start to type the url)

I seem to remember this bug in some other input fields as well, but this is the only one I can remember specifically.

JD's ROMs have this bug as well.

But it has worked fine in MightyMike's ROMs for a while now so there's a solution somewhere.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: verizon

Anothen is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
MMS will not work with HTC Messaging. Verizon changed something on their end at the end of February and it hasn't worked since. You should still be able to send and receive with HTC Messaging installed, you will just have to go to Start -> Internet -> Messaging (which is arcsoft) to be able to view them. To send them via HTC Album you will go to Share -> Email -> Picture Message however I haven't tried to deal with HTC messaging in several months so I can't promise one way or another that this will work. I can promise you're giving yourself a lot more of a headache using HTC Messaging though, but to each their own. We all have the choice to use what we want.
Receiving MMS work will through HTC messaging. You just have to click on the picture/envelope icon on the right to open the message (auto opens through Arcsoft). All I have ever done is task29, then flash rom, run carrier provisioning & it runs fine. I haven't ever been successful following suggestions on the first page to use Arcsoft only instead of HTC messaging. If I do that, text always open in HTC messaging regardless & then MMS won't work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development