PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 09:40 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)
Carrier: Sprint

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 1| 21903|23566 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
Thanks for helping make GTX just about perfect. Any leaks on what we can expect from the GTX crew next?
We'll be releasing an update soon...just some minor adjustments and tweaks, will be nice as always!
Old 05-04-2010, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuff
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 1| 21903|23566 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstak View Post
Hey does everyone's phone data connection stay connected even though its not necessary? I don't know if its killing my battery or not but I assume so. Is there any way to kill the data connection or set it to stop after no new updates for a minute or something? I set my gmail to check for new mail once every hour but last time I checked my phone the data connection was active for the past 65 hours...
I have the same issue. I have tried everything i can find. The data just stays on. You can manually turn it off, but as soon as it checks email or weather it comes back on and stays on. It does kill the battery. I can last twice as long when it shuts off automatically. I have one workaround for it, but, it comes with a catch. If i make a registry change my data will shut off auto but there is a delay when i try to answer the phone. Long enough that i miss "some" calls.

This is what I do. - lol - ya i have put far to much time into it!
I created a mortscript that will toggle the reg setting. Then set it up as a dummy exe and add a shortcut to the start menu. From there I have added a quicklink on my home screen. The mortscript will change the quicklink icon and text to show me which mode I am in. At the office i will run in what i call 'phone mode'. When im not recieving many calls i run in 'data mode'.

The reg settings are:
Phone Mode
HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings
SuspendResume = #777

Data Mode
HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings
SuspendResume = 58 00 00 00 33 00 99 00 88 00 39 00 58 00 39 00 29

Try the Data Mode setting and see if it will shut off automatically. If so, and you want my mortscript PM me. This post is long enough...

What i havn't accomplished -yet- is the ability to change the quicklink icon without reseting manila. I really want to be able to do this just like cookie does with the weather quicklink. Anybody now how?
Old 05-04-2010, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anothen View Post
Go to Start>Internet>Select 'Data Controller'. Under 'Menu', choose the 'timeout' setting you want. Problem solved
I could not find menu in the data controller. My options are 'Done' and 'About'. Im running 4-14 21898 Cookie. But I do set my timeout (CacheTime) in the registry and it doesn't help.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

netengineer is keeping up the good worknetengineer is keeping up the good work

Anyone know where I can get the default wallpaper that comes with the GTX theme? Or can you point me in the direction of some good wallpaper that looks nice with the theme? I decided to try out the GTX versions.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Lurker

waywardwit is a n00b

Usually I have issues with Energy roms (though I keep coming back to check them). I just installed the GTx ROM. Wow. Just Wow. Flawless work sir, flawless. If we could only get Manilla 2.5 MMS goin...
Old 05-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ulysses is keeping up the good workulysses is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ulysses

is there a way to make "long press end key" to lock the phone with the CHT Lock Screen?
Old 05-04-2010, 10:34 PM
N00b

Luzboss is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatec View Post
check the location of your left finger in landscape, I used to hit the power button also!!
wow.... do i feel like a dumbass.... LOL that was the last thing i would have ever thought it could be!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joh408 View Post
Haha Luzboss dont worry, that is a major gripe with the phone's design in the first place. I use this cab in order to eliminate this issue
dude i didnt realize this was a lil program untill about 5 min ago! i installed this morn thinking it was a cab for reg tweaks and it was still having the problem all day and i was thinking great, the damn cab didnt work. then i start going thru settings menu a min ago and see a new lil app for the power button... WTF!!?? open it up and see the diff settings and i just start crackin up!!!! your a life saver man. i would have probably been bald in less then a week from ripping my hair out trying to figure this lil problem out!!! guess im used to holding the TILT 1....
Old 05-04-2010, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TITAN, RHODIUM
Carrier: VZW, Sprint

princeofppc is just getting started

how do i remove the analog clock from the gtx rom??
Old 05-04-2010, 10:57 PM
GTX Team Member

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by netengineer View Post
Anyone know where I can get the default wallpaper that comes with the GTX theme? Or can you point me in the direction of some good wallpaper that looks nice with the theme? I decided to try out the GTX versions.
This one??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wallpaper_GTX.jpg (6.7 KB, 110 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:58 PM
GTX Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeofppc View Post
how do i remove the analog clock from the gtx rom??
menu, edit home layout, advanced, show clock...change it to whatever you want.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development