PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 07:39 PM
mp1
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarlo View Post
When you flash, do you have to open up Sashimi and run something because you can do it all with XDA and you only need to press OK twice and you're done. All I do when I flash a new ROM is run the Update Utility, wait for my phone to vibrate, press OK, wait for it to vibrate again and press OK to reset ... done (then import CHT but nothing else). With Sashimi, don't you have to wait for everything with the ROM to load then open Sashimi, navigate to a page, run, and then reset? XDA saves precious milisecs!!
I understand the convenience of XDA_UC and I do use the Exporter that NRG recently included. With everything being installed as soon as the flash is complete, if a problem arises, I have no idea if it is a problem within the ROM or if I've broken something with one of my cabs. Sashimi does take about a good 20 seconds to get started from the Total Commander but it just gives me the comfort of knowing that the ROM is/isn't at fault.

*Edit* One other thing I have found to be very useful with Sashimi is being able to maintain the start menu folder system that NRG has. All my app links are but right in their perspective folders and the start menu remains clean and uncluttered. I am not sure if UC does that but I have Sashimi already set for all my regularly installed cabs.

Last edited by mp1; 05-13-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp1 View Post
I understand the convenience of XDA_UC and I do use the Exporter that NRG recently included. With everything being installed as soon as the flash is complete, if a problem arises, I have no idea if it is a problem within the ROM or if I've broken something with one of my cabs. Sashimi does take about a good 20 seconds to get started from the Total Commander but it just gives me the comfort of knowing that the ROM is/isn't at fault.
DO I SENSE DOUBT IN THE GREAT AND POWERFUL O.. NRG??
Lol yeah I like that piece of mind too. But come on, MILLISECS guys, MILLISECS! Anyone who wastes milliseconds is a ROM devil
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
Old 05-13-2010, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g/bb 8310
Carrier: sprint/att

skoobz is becoming a great contributor

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrowa2 View Post

I apologize in advance for not reading the 1700+ pages in this thread.
No need to apologize for not reading, just apologize for not using the search option.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp1 View Post

*Edit* One other thing I have found to be very useful with Sashimi is being able to maintain the start menu folder system that NRG has. All my app links are but right in their perspective folders and the start menu remains clean and uncluttered. I am not sure if UC does that but I have Sashimi already set for all my regularly installed cabs.
I agree there are some things Sashimi can do, that I don't see a way to do easily in XDA_UC, including auto install to the SD card without intervention.

Note that you can easily launch Sashimi from XDA_UC, so it autoruns at flash time, just like you could with UC. Just create a .mscr file (I named mine runsashimi.mscr) with something like these two lines:
Copy("\Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577\SASHIMI.lnk","\Windows\S tartUp\SASHIMI.lnk",TRUE)
Run("\Windows\StartUp\SASHIMI.lnk")

I'll admit that it's been so long since I originally setup Sashimi that I don't recall if the SASHIMI.lnk is installed with Sashimi, or whether I had to create it. If you had a similar script you used with UC, you can take those lines and put it into your .mscr file.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Google Nexus by Verizon
Carrier: Verizon

JDwg78 is a n00b

OK folks I said I would get back to you today about whether or not installing the NoInternetPush cab (or closely named) helped much with battery life. I will say with clear confidence that it made all the difference in the world. My phone was "back to normal" and that was even with all my other little favorite apps like twitter, weather, ActiveSync and Stocks updating every so often. My battery lasted just like it used to. Additionally, as I said yesterday, my available RAM bumped from 38-39 to about 68mb after installing that cab and soft-resetting.

If you can get your "pretty" links setup prior to installing the cab or just use MSIE it gives them to you regardless....then run the cab, you will be pleasantly surprised and pleased.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkennedy View Post
OK folks I said I would get back to you today about whether or not installing the NoInternetPush cab (or closely named) helped much with battery life. I will say with clear confidence that it made all the difference in the world. My phone was "back to normal" and that was even with all my other little favorite apps like twitter, weather, ActiveSync and Stocks updating every so often. My battery lasted just like it used to. Additionally, as I said yesterday, my available RAM bumped from 38-39 to about 68mb after installing that cab and soft-resetting.

If you can get your "pretty" links setup prior to installing the cab or just use MSIE it gives them to you regardless....then run the cab, you will be pleasantly surprised and pleased.
Hey guys,
I am coming from touch pro NRG roms to touch pro 2 NRG. I know battery issue was a big thing for touch pro, so there were a few cabs out there to help with TP's battery issue. As for TP2,besides the no push internet cab, are there any other cabs that might potentially prolong the battery life for TP2?

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Hey guys,
I am coming from touch pro NRG roms to touch pro 2 NRG. I know battery issue was a big thing for touch pro, so there were a few cabs out there to help with TP's battery issue. As for TP2,besides the no push internet cab, are there any other cabs that might potentially prolong the battery life for TP2?

Thanks!
try this: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=113321&page=2
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks!
Honestly dude, I screw around with my phone all the time, and I saw huge improvement over the TP1's battery life, both idle and active. It seems like the TP1 just got worn out.. But I installed the no push, and it made my battery life pretty dang good, and considering it's a smartphone, you have to realize that at the most you have a good full day of using it, then you put it on the charger. It's just how it is. So I'd download the no push and roll with it, you should be fine.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
Honestly dude, I screw around with my phone all the time, and I saw huge improvement over the TP1's battery life, both idle and active. It seems like the TP1 just got worn out.. But I installed the no push, and it made my battery life pretty dang good, and considering it's a smartphone, you have to realize that at the most you have a good full day of using it, then you put it on the charger. It's just how it is. So I'd download the no push and roll with it, you should be fine.
Thanks guys for the fast response,
My brother has TP2, and he seems to have no problem with the battery life. I was just curious as to whether there are cabs out there just like TP does. I saw from the link that a couple of the cabs, mainly the battery polling ones are the same as TP. So I guess I can reuse some of the cabs.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwill View Post

I'll admit that it's been so long since I originally setup Sashimi that I don't recall if the SASHIMI.lnk is installed with Sashimi, or whether I had to create it. If you had a similar script you used with UC, you can take those lines and put it into your .mscr file.
For others setting up Sashimi-

In the Sashimi Settings-> Advanced settings is an option to turn on/off the creation of a link.

What I did was creat a link the first time, then placed that link in the Roots folder where I wanted it to show up on the Start Menu and turned off the links option so thath future Sashimi runs would install the link where I wanted otherwise it goes to the root of the Start Menu.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development