View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 09:11 PM
glenwill
PPCGeeks Regular

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp1 View Post
I understand the convenience of XDA_UC and I do use the Exporter that NRG recently included. With everything being installed as soon as the flash is complete, if a problem arises, I have no idea if it is a problem within the ROM or if I've broken something with one of my cabs. Sashimi does take about a good 20 seconds to get started from the Total Commander but it just gives me the comfort of knowing that the ROM is/isn't at fault.

*Edit* One other thing I have found to be very useful with Sashimi is being able to maintain the start menu folder system that NRG has. All my app links are but right in their perspective folders and the start menu remains clean and uncluttered. I am not sure if UC does that but I have Sashimi already set for all my regularly installed cabs.
I agree there are some things Sashimi can do, that I don't see a way to do easily in XDA_UC, including auto install to the SD card without intervention.

Note that you can easily launch Sashimi from XDA_UC, so it autoruns at flash time, just like you could with UC. Just create a .mscr file (I named mine runsashimi.mscr) with something like these two lines:
Copy("\Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577\SASHIMI.lnk","\Windows\S tartUp\SASHIMI.lnk",TRUE)
Run("\Windows\StartUp\SASHIMI.lnk")

I'll admit that it's been so long since I originally setup Sashimi that I don't recall if the SASHIMI.lnk is installed with Sashimi, or whether I had to create it. If you had a similar script you used with UC, you can take those lines and put it into your .mscr file.
This post has been thanked 1 times.