PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Damionix is keeping up the good workDamionix is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Damionix Send a message via MSN to Damionix Send a message via Yahoo to Damionix
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 1| 21903|23566 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Can anyone please upload the old Bing cab file. I dont like the new one. The old one was easier, and one click solutions. It would be much appreciated. Accidentally deleted my old bing backup

"Computer Maintenance Technician, Houston, TX"
Old 05-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 1| 21903|23566 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM510 View Post
I desperately need someone's help... I just downloaded and installed the May 1st Cookie version. I am trying to install HTC's hotfix that restores the Block and Letter Recognizer input methods (I am completely dependant on Block Recognizer). When trying to install this hotfix, I get the following error: "This hotfix is not compatible with your device."

Perhaps someone out there has this fix as a CAB install rather than the HTC supplied EXE?

I humbly beseech everyone for their assistance...

Thanks,
Chris
Bump

I would also like to know as I use the letter recognizer a lot. I've actually gotten used to using Swype. It's a little annoying when trying to put in some appointments but I've found it's pretty sweet on tasks.

I tried a cab I picked up a while ago that restored it on some other roms I've tried in the past and it worked. Not with Energy's though. I'm sure the feature needed to be cooked in first to enable it. I wouldn't know how to tell with these roms.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

luc1f3rspalm is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50430; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

is there a way to set it up so that the windows mobile sms/mms is the default for composing and replying to messages? i want to disable arcsoft becuase its way to buggy and slow.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd

no doubt I'm being thick here, but where are the original instructions and files for Rapiconfig that you all are referencing? I'd like to give this a go. Looks like fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spambusterdave View Post
Yeah, mistype on my part..

Hmm.. I get my GMail and two comcrap accts when I run it.

And thanks for the Thanks.. Still relatively new but trying to give back when I can.

What is the "characteristic-query type" is your email2.xml? I presume it is "EMAIL2" if it's getting your GMail setting, maybe the other accts need a different "characteristic-query type"?

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
Old 05-05-2010, 12:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

can someone help me out i flashed the coolsac kickslide tp2 rom and somehow the splash screen is still there after i flash the energy rom a couple times it survive the reset and new flashing can shake it lol
Old 05-05-2010, 01:20 AM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

So, just flashed 5/4 GTX from 4/18 CHT 1.7. This was officially the longest I've gone between flashing since I discovered custom ROMs. I'm glad I tried GTX, I thought everyone liked it just because it was different. It's pretty sweet looking, and it seems to run faster for me. I think I'm sold on this whole GTX craze. Let's see if I make it another two weeks without flashing...

Old 05-05-2010, 01:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd

In the Advanced Configuration tool, there is a section for animations and sounds that will let you set the startup animation. Also, have you looked into the ROM flash tool called Task29? It could be something you need to do. I think you can clear up the old flash splash screen with it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116920

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
can someone help me out i flashed the coolsac kickslide tp2 rom and somehow the splash screen is still there after i flash the energy rom a couple times it survive the reset and new flashing can shake it lol
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:22 AM
I think I tore my sack.

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
Try task29 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=644781

then hard reset. Please read task29 instructions carefully if you're not familiar with it. After you use it, you won't get past boot screen so you'll have to manually enter boot loader to flash new ROM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:23 AM
I think I tore my sack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
In the Advanced Configuration tool, there is a section for animations and sounds that will let you set the startup animation. Also, have you looked into the ROM flash tool called Task29? It could be something you need to do. I think you can clear up the old flash splash screen with it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116920
Beat me by one minute...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

darkflare999 is a n00b

Hmmmmmmmmmm is anyone up??...Dont know if this was a past issue yet but...I just flashed this rom which was the may 4th cookietab and my data connection stopped working and a screen keeps coming up that says "logon to server"..."network Log On"..."Resource:Sprint" and asking for a username..password and domain...??...and btw wifi works and im running on radio version 1.96.00WF

Last edited by darkflare999; 05-05-2010 at 01:52 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development