PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 02:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3-26-11★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by odzk View Post
can anyone please help me, the Sense is no longer loading. I tried restoring the CHT settings to defaults and still not working. Is there a way to reinstall just the Sense? I dont want to do hard reset, I have alot of files saved on the phone already. BTW this ROM is best looking and the fastest Ive ever used so far.
Do you mean when it comes up HTC launching sense? I had this freeze on me a few days back and wouldn't load, just sat there far longer than should have so I impatiently started tapping the screen and it loaded up. Just a thought. One time incident and easy fix. Sharkie has the best roms IMHO. Great balance of everything- look,speed,stability. One of the reasons
I am still using device for work even though I have a new one personal use.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

How come I can't delete the following cabs from the windows directory?

Uscell.cam 28.3k
ucweb v7.6 1.5mb
Verizon.cab 3.3mb
Tmobile.cab 682.5k
sharkierom additional sounds 17.6mb
Motweets v1.9.2.cab 793.8k

I would free up so much memory. Dont feel like calculating but all of this useless apps taking up my memory is upsetting.

I uninstalled what I could but I can't delete these files! WHY NOT? I dont need them. How do I get rid of them?

Old 04-12-2011, 04:27 PM
VIP Member

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community

I delete all the carrier cabs with htcrie before flashing. There's one more I believe. I use the others so haven't tried them. Forgot about the new rings cab. When I get home I'll experiment for you since its not my main device.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

@ KJ,

Here's the volume package straight out of my kitchen. You will need to recmod the .dll if you're planning on inserting it in the phone. Let me know if you need me to do that for you.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z 01 Volume Package From Vinn's ROM.7z (201.7 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
How come I can't delete the following cabs from the windows directory?

Uscell.cam 28.3k
ucweb v7.6 1.5mb
Verizon.cab 3.3mb
Tmobile.cab 682.5k
sharkierom additional sounds 17.6mb
Motweets v1.9.2.cab 793.8k

I would free up so much memory. Dont feel like calculating but all of this useless apps taking up my memory is upsetting.

I uninstalled what I could but I can't delete these files! WHY NOT? I dont need them. How do I get rid of them?
You can't delete files in ROM. They need to be there if you do a hardreset to restore it. Everything cooked into the ROM is put in \windows. Some items are then copied to other locations (like every file on your phone that is not in \windows - so all subdirectories in \windows and everything outside of \windows is duplicated). Do people really run out of storage memory on the sprint TP2? I install/cook lots of stuff in and I don't think I've ever had less than 50 mb free. Back on my Diamond, that would have been a dream .
Old 04-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

brendanvista is a n00b

I tried searching this thread and couldn't find anything on this, so I figured I'd ask. I just installed the version 5 rom on my US Cellular Touch pro 2. I cannot seem to get data working. I created a new connection in teh manager using dial 777 and then entered my 10 digit phone number as the password. Once the password is typed in, it makes itself a couple digits longer and I can't enable data in the com manager whatsoever. Any tips?
Old 04-13-2011, 12:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Has data not worked at all since you flashed? Did you try running USCell provisioning?
Old 04-13-2011, 01:30 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
You can't delete files in ROM. They need to be there if you do a hardreset to restore it. Everything cooked into the ROM is put in \windows. Some items are then copied to other locations (like every file on your phone that is not in \windows - so all subdirectories in \windows and everything outside of \windows is duplicated). Do people really run out of storage memory on the sprint TP2? I install/cook lots of stuff in and I don't think I've ever had less than 50 mb free. Back on my Diamond, that would have been a dream .
Mwalt is right. Although I always remove all the sounds and provisioning cabs without any problems, Sharkies removable CABs will cause a pop up error loading up if removed. Great thing is he makes them removable for us and gives us the choice to make it our own. Also agree with Mwalt, do we ever run out of memory?
Old 04-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Yes Ive run out of memory multiple times. When I have the rom running on my phone for around two months or so. Which is a testiment to how great this rom is.

BUT IT DOES HAPPEN. If you look at the main touch pro 2 directory there is someone there asking how to get rid of the LOW memory problem..

If your low on memory you CANT search the web it constantly tells you to run out of memory. If you around 10 - 20 mb Your phone wont run at all...

Ive done a few research and Ive been able to spot a few memory hogs and right now im running with 130mb of free storage ram...

I just wish I can remove the rest of those files in the windows directory since I dont use it. The additional sharkie sounds is ridiculous at 17.6mb

While I do love alot of the sounds I only use two. Generic ring2 and alert smile for alerts...

But I can live at 130mb of free storage space and 102mb free program memory.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Yes Ive run out of memory multiple times.
I just wish I can remove the rest of those files in the windows directory since I dont use it. The additional sharkie sounds is ridiculous at 17.6mb

If your low on memory you CANT search the web it constantly tells you to run out of memory. If you around 10 - 20 mb Your phone wont run at all...
You probably already know, but program memory is different than storage memory. I would imagine an error using the web is probably related to running out of program memory (analogous to RAM in a PC). I suppose if it's trying to cache stuff to program memory and you have <5 mb free, maybe you could get an error. Our phones are kind of lacking in program memory, so it can get used up rather quickly if running a few apps at once.

Storage memory is like a HDD in a PC. If you do not like shakie's sounds, just use HTC Rom Image Editor and delete the cab/zip/whatever you want. You may get an the first time you flash the ROM, which you can edit config.txt or config_operator.txt or maybe some others (sharkie could probably tell you exactly which one he uses). All ringtones get cooked in \windows and moved to \windows\rings by default (effectively taking up 2x the space). Putting the in a cab basically reduces the number of files in \windows (making the directory load faster if trying to browse it) and may save a small amount of space.

[!WP7 support!] Htc ROM Image Editor and other Tools. (C) 2007-2010 AnDim (2.1.11) - xda-developers
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development