PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 02:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1-25-11-Updated CE ROMs★SharkieROM v3.0★Generic\Sprint★23563\21916★Sense2019

Yeah, that's the thing about battery issues, some have 'em and some don't. Go figure. I still stand behind the official v3.0 release. I never had any issues with it. Oh well, it is what it is...
Old 01-27-2011, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979
Re: 1-25-11-Updated CE ROMs★SharkieROM v3.0★Generic\Sprint★23563\21916★Sense2019

I have Issue Plus bat issue. When i hook phone to charger in the wall, it wont charge. Instead the phone asks if i want active sync or the other option. It will only charge via the computer. Thanks for the help. I'm moving on to EVO when it arrives and the guy buying my TP2 loves your rom as I sold it saying i had thee most up to date WinMo 6.5 rom being 6.5.5 . Thx for all the support. I'll be updating his phone everytime you offer an update.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
reply 2 straitup report. im on same rom and my batt is complete opposite. i dont get it. 100 at 7am then only 2 missed calls all settings @ default and only app installed, coreplayer, @ 12pm batt down to 28. on the flip, you had batt issues on final v3 where as mine was great.

agree bout memory, never a prob.

@ sharkie, i noticed when i flashed os was listed 1st then the splashs but i always thought i remembeted the splash being 1st on list then os. so u prolly right on ur therory
I'm with you too. Unplugged phone from night charge at 9a.m. At 10 I went to Dr. Appointment and the phone was off. Dead as a door nail...lol.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:49 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasurfer1979 View Post
I'm with you too. Unplugged phone from night charge at 9a.m. At 10 I went to Dr. Appointment and the phone was off. Dead as a door nail...lol.
You don't seriously expect me to believe that this is in any way the ROMs fault do you? C'mon now. Clearly there are other things at play with your battery. Obviously none of my ROMs have ever had battery lives that were that bad. I would have known seeing as how I only use my ROMs.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
You don't seriously expect me to believe that this is in any way the ROMs fault do you? C'mon now. Clearly there are other things at play with your battery. Obviously none of my ROMs have ever had battery lives that were that bad. I would have known seeing as how I only use my ROMs.
Why ar you becoming offended. This is happening since i installed you rom. So it's all I can Think of. It's obvious I'm not the only one so please just investigate for us. I think that is all were asking from you. I said you have the best rom... I want to keep it on the phone for the new owner.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:42 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Why ar you becoming offended. This is happening since i installed you rom. So it's all I can Think of. It's obvious I'm not the only one so please just investigate for us. I think that is all were asking from you. I said you have the best rom... I want to keep it on the phone for the new owner.
I'm not offeded, but I will defend my ROM. To say that your battery died from a full charge to nothing in an hour is preposterous.

As far as my phone goes, this is my usual work morning...

The phone usually comes off of the charger at 5:30am. I usually listen to slacker radio (data going, display on cuz I'm usually browsing through songs, and the Slacker app itself up and running) for about 3 to 4 hours straight along with receiving and sending several texts, making and receiving a couple of calls, hoping online for about 10 min. or so, along with weather, stocks, email, Facebook, Twitter, Gmail and Hotmail all sycing at either 30 or 60 min. depending.

At 11am, after all the previously mentioned activity, I usually still have about 60%-70% battery still left.

Is my ROM perfect, No. Is my ROM's battery life way better than an hour on a full charge? Hell yes.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

dave71981 is just getting started

first off, great rom sharkie. i am currently running the generic v3 29007 rom. i had trouble with my battery too, but since i unchecked everything in nue battery and did a soft reset the battery is last all day with no charge. search works on uc web from tab, but not when i am in the web browser, that and land scape on a couple tabs, no biggy compared to other roms ive tried. i was just curious if u could point me to a link for stopping data hook up and a action link for completely silencing ur phone. thanks
Old 01-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Great report, thanks for the feedback!
no problem bro!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slthomas00 View Post

@Straightup:

Thanks for your usage report/battery life on your other post. That helps. I am starting to think my battery is going bad. Going to pick up a new one today. I second the outstanding efforts comment. Thank you Sharkie!
very possible,hope the new battery fixes the issues you been having

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
reply 2 straitup report. im on same rom and my batt is complete opposite. i dont get it. 100 at 7am then only 2 missed calls all settings @ default and only app installed, coreplayer, @ 12pm batt down to 28. on the flip, you had batt issues on final v3 where as mine was great.

agree bout memory, never a prob.

@ sharkie, i noticed when i flashed os was listed 1st then the splashs but i always thought i remembeted the splash being 1st on list then os. so u prolly right on ur therory
yeah that is strange lol

Quote:
+1000 man there are so many things that affect battery life it's not even funny nor am i going to begin to list all the reasons,but i agree 100% if you got 1 whole hr out of a full charge then your problem could lay elsewhere,not being a smartass but did you try a different build after that? what about your radio? whats your signal strength like,and ect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave71981 View Post
first off, great rom sharkie. i am currently running the generic v3 29007 rom. i had trouble with my battery too, but since i unchecked everything in nue battery and did a soft reset the battery is last all day with no charge. search works on uc web from tab, but not when i am in the web browser, that and land scape on a couple tabs, no biggy compared to other roms ive tried. i was just curious if u could point me to a link for stopping data hook up and a action link for completely silencing ur phone. thanks
yes there is ways to do both of the things you want with the rom on your phone freshen yourself up on cookies home tab 2.0 and all its options and widgets and ect. all you need to know is here with additional wigdets if you prefer

[Manila][12-Nov-2010] Co0kie's Home Tab v2.0.0 - Final Released - xda-developers

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I'm not offeded, but I will defend my ROM. To say that your battery died from a full charge to nothing in an hour is preposterous.

As far as my phone goes, this is my usual work morning...

The phone usually comes off of the charger at 5:30am. I usually listen to slacker radio (data going, display on cuz I'm usually browsing through songs, and the Slacker app itself up and running) for about 3 to 4 hours straight along with receiving and sending several texts, making and receiving a couple of calls, hoping online for about 10 min. or so, along with weather, stocks, email, Facebook, Twitter, Gmail and Hotmail all sycing at either 30 or 60 min. depending.

At 11am, after all the previously mentioned activity, I usually still have about 60%-70% battery still left.

Is my ROM perfect, No. Is my ROM's battery life way better than an hour on a full charge? Hell yes.
I meant 1:00pm... I mis-typed
Old 01-27-2011, 09:43 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Yeah, that's the thing about battery issues, some have 'em and some don't. Go figure. I still stand behind the official v3.0 release. I never had any issues with it. Oh well, it is what it is...
im right there with you. a few users have probs w/ 1 build then on others all is fine. i flashed 29007 via straitup report of speed but not b/c i had battery drain, granted its only been 1 day im opposite from his batt stats basically his stats on 29007 is what i had on final v3 (build #?) and versus. my theory still stands...each device has hardware differences (even thou its the same device, not every device is the same) and carriers also get there hands on it. so it all could come to play. the same goes for sum have issues w/ nuebatt and others dont and sum can overclock high and others cant, the blame goes to the device (or user) maybe you could say some got lucky w/ the internal parts and others got shafted
Quote:
I have Issue Plus bat issue. When i hook phone to charger in the wall, it wont charge. Instead the phone asks if i want active sync or the other option. It will only charge via the computer. Thanks for the help. I'm moving on to EVO when it arrives and the guy buying my TP2 loves your rom as I sold it saying i had thee most up to date WinMo 6.5 rom being 6.5.5 . Thx for all the support. I'll be updating his phone everytime you offer an update.
this is a whole different problem, only a rare few have reported this (and none seemed to be regulars?) either you are 1 that got shafted or its user error. sharkie builds w/ different wm builds flash all find the 1 that plays well w/ your device. like i said above my results and straitup results are complete opposite...and like sharkie said it is wat it is

Quote:
i hope you didnt include me as being not the only 1? cause all i got was drain and i can flash final v3 and have great battery.

"all were asking from you" is completely wrong (on so many levels) and not what this is about. you are getting it all wrong and let me help you w/ that (or others than may fall into the same actions/ thoughts) w/ the above quotes it sounds as if you paid sharkie for the rom? or expecting him to do something b/c you are using his rom. it doesnt work that way. he does this for him and decided to share. and thats that. use it or dont but dont expect anything b/c of it. or you can go bout it different... i dont ever ask him to do anything or change anything cause thats all i ask of him. no, i report bugs/issues just so if he wasnt aware then he would know bout it and if he finds a fix then there you go. if he cant confirm the bug then you should then know its user or device. i suggest things or throw them out there, maybe he didnt see this or that and maybe he likes it or not but its not a big deal cuz it doesnt mean you can use it after the flash. i try and give feedback of my findings/usage in the hope im helping him on his path for his rom that he is sharing for me/us to use. its my little way of giving back since im not gonna build roms, i like this 1 so ill help when i can, but not bug bug this when you gonna fix this. even wording differently is better...have you had a chance to look into this bug?
this goes the same for all chefs, imo

edit: @ dave also check out cht scheduler for a permanent data disable among other stuff

Last edited by kjhadfield; 01-27-2011 at 09:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development