PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 09:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: Sprint

aqualls is keeping up the good workaqualls is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3-26-11★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2021

Just want to say thank you for a great ROM. Tried a few others and while they were good, they lacked the clean, crisp, and colorful layout. That being said, I am coming from the world of android so I am a noob with WinMo. Two questions with this ROM:
1) How do I turn off auto complete on the keyboard? It makes password input a nightmare.
2)How do I remove a duplicate quick link on this ROM? Setup is not quite the same as the others I've used.
Thank you all for the input.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

By autocomplete you mean xt9? If so, you can just switch it to "abc" using the SIP keyboard.

I'm not sure what you mean by duplicate quicklinks. Can you explain a little more? If you mean how do you simply remove a quicklink, from the home page go to Menu>Edit Quicklinks, select the one you want to remove (it will be marked by an x in the bottom right hand corner), then hit done and the quicklink will be removed. Again, if that's what you meant...
Old 04-13-2011, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
By autocomplete you mean xt9? If so, you can just switch it to "abc" using the SIP keyboard.

I'm not sure what you mean by duplicate quicklinks. Can you explain a little more? If you mean how do you simply remove a quicklink, from the home page go to Menu>Edit Quicklinks, select the one you want to remove (it will be marked by an x in the bottom right hand corner), then hit done and the quicklink will be removed. Again, if that's what you meant...

Thanks. I feel like an ass. Most have the red x and you click to remove. Have to click it to mark with a red x. That solved both issues. Thanks a bunch and again for the great ROM. BTW, don't do a "slimmed" version. I only needed to put on one or two other apps.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Your patience and assistance are truly admirable Sharkie405! Thank you for setting such a high standard here! Awesome!

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
You probably already know, but program memory is different than storage memory. I would imagine an error using the web is probably related to running out of program memory (analogous to RAM in a PC). I suppose if it's trying to cache stuff to program memory and you have <5 mb free, maybe you could get an error. Our phones are kind of lacking in program memory, so it can get used up rather quickly if running a few apps at once.

Storage memory is like a HDD in a PC. If you do not like shakie's sounds, just use HTC Rom Image Editor and delete the cab/zip/whatever you want. You may get an the first time you flash the ROM, which you can edit config.txt or config_operator.txt or maybe some others (sharkie could probably tell you exactly which one he uses). All ringtones get cooked in \windows and moved to \windows\rings by default (effectively taking up 2x the space). Putting the in a cab basically reduces the number of files in \windows (making the directory load faster if trying to browse it) and may save a small amount of space.

[!WP7 support!] Htc ROM Image Editor and other Tools. (C) 2007-2010 AnDim (2.1.11) - xda-developers

Solid advice bro thanks

ANd I agree tinker Sharkie is one of a kind!

Old 04-13-2011, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP 2

yazyazoo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Does this rom seem to take forever to load? I switched from Energy and task 29's and loaded this. It seems to just stay on the shark screen with a bar that keeps filling up but does nothing.

What's going on?? I am using the Sprint version.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:11 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

The ROM does take unusually long to load. Don't worry, it's worth the wait.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Seems like normal android OS initial boot time... Lol!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:25 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
@ KJ,

Here's the volume package straight out of my kitchen. You will need to recmod the .dll if you're planning on inserting it in the phone. Let me know if you need me to do that for you.
i have no idea, lol. i was kinda just hoping you or some1 else could make a copy of the htcvolumecontrol.dll from their phone (as long as you still have sharkie stock taskbar) and upload it so i could just overwrite the 1 on mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazyazoo View Post
Does this rom seem to take forever to load? I switched from Energy and task 29's and loaded this. It seems to just stay on the shark screen with a bar that keeps filling up but does nothing.

What's going on?? I am using the Sprint version.
this is only going to happen once....everytime you flash. depends on how much you flash but after that its never that long on power down/power up, soft rest. the reason is you are given choices of what you want to un-install instead of having no choice of the apps included. believe me this is a great trade off that you only have to go threw once
Quote:
Don't worry, it's worth the wait.
diddo
Old 04-13-2011, 10:25 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Well it seems like I somehow managed to brick my phone. It was plugged up to my comp. and everything was fine, I came back in the room a few minutes later and it was off. Taking battery out does nothing, soft-reset button does nothing, it doesn't charge... It's just off, seemingly for good... It makes no sense...

Oh well, we'll see what happens if I have to take it in...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development