PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 07:33 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWTech48 View Post
"can any1 check...goto pics n vids via start, hit menu/tools/options and try the sub menu camera and video section. does it have settings or does it glitch until you get a working sub menu?"

kj and Sharkie....I get the same thing with the Pictures & Videos sub-menus for Camera and Video. If you slide out the keyboard and back in, you can see the settings, with a black background. Not sure what the fix is, but it gives you a way to see them for now.
didnt even think of that, nice find. interesting now you can see the settings...although the drop downs are empty of options but interesting still
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
Just a FYI... there is a new PRL out, it will be either 51079 or 01120

@kj ... did you try the different radio? This new PRL helped with my signal issues, so you may want to upgrade.
i was just gonna post this too but let me start from the top cause its weird

i was using opera to set up bookmarks so i could add to internet tab w/ screenies. well, 1st i gotta say i havent had this much trouble w/ opera till now...its buggy as shit for me. so i was adding bookmarks and opera just froze, 1st it was a soft freeze (hw keys still light up when tapped and screen still on) but then turned quick to a hard freeze (no screen on no lights no buttons) could be me tapping every fricken button causing an overload, i dunno. so i left it awhile (i have body glove on it so in order to soft reset i have to take it off, PITA) came back a few hrs later and no change. so i soft reset and then as it was loading, here it is Kozmo, prl auto dl'ed and applied...kinda like OTA. but i gotta say my signal has improved greatly so far. i would always flop ev 1-2 bars to 1x 1-3 bars every time i was using data or just randomly at my house. but now i have a strong data connect at ev 3-4 bars and havent seen a switch to 1x. hopefully this is the case everywhere around here buts def. looking good so far.

kozmo, no i havent flashed a radio yet. actually i may not need to now w/ this prl 51079, is what shows fr me.

where can i find the screenies for the internet tab? i changed where xda was in place of askmen but it still shows xda ss
Old 06-16-2011, 07:40 PM
HI Fly Guy

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

[QUOTE=steveo70;2115829]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

Cant help sayin this is a sweet and very polished rom /QUOTE]

Agreed, too bad a lot of people have moved forward w/out experiencing Sharkie's latest work. I'm happy I've kept my TP2 for a work device.
+1, i have to say even thou the tp2 scene is ending...sharkie rom makes the ending so sweet and dealable. im still content on keeping this as a full device until a new device pops out at me as a must have, as was this 1 at the start. and so far nothing is popping at me as must have.

WHATS WRONG W/ MY THANKS BUTTON
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

thanks button is back!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
didnt even think of that, nice find. interesting now you can see the settings...although the drop downs are empty of options but interesting still

i was just gonna post this too but let me start from the top cause its weird

i was using opera to set up bookmarks so i could add to internet tab w/ screenies. well, 1st i gotta say i havent had this much trouble w/ opera till now...its buggy as shit for me. so i was adding bookmarks and opera just froze, 1st it was a soft freeze (hw keys still light up when tapped and screen still on) but then turned quick to a hard freeze (no screen on no lights no buttons) could be me tapping every fricken button causing an overload, i dunno. so i left it awhile (i have body glove on it so in order to soft reset i have to take it off, PITA) came back a few hrs later and no change. so i soft reset and then as it was loading, here it is Kozmo, prl auto dl'ed and applied...kinda like OTA. but i gotta say my signal has improved greatly so far. i would always flop ev 1-2 bars to 1x 1-3 bars every time i was using data or just randomly at my house. but now i have a strong data connect at ev 3-4 bars and havent seen a switch to 1x. hopefully this is the case everywhere around here buts def. looking good so far.

kozmo, no i havent flashed a radio yet. actually i may not need to now w/ this prl 51079, is what shows fr me.

where can i find the screenies for the internet tab? i changed where xda was in place of askmen but it still shows xda ss
Glad you got things working... finally LOL been a struggle I know. I think this PRL is a winner.

As far as the internet tab, I didn't have any problems changing xda to something different and ss to match? Make sure you go to the website 1st that you want to change to, then try to change fav... if I'm getting what you're askin?

@ sharkie ... on a related note,when I go to the internet tab and press "remove favorite shortcut", after I'm done, the remove shortcut stays on screen and is overlayed on internet making it unreadable.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:23 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
@ sharkie ... on a related note,when I go to the internet tab and press "remove favorite shortcut", after I'm done, the remove shortcut stays on screen and is overlayed on internet making it unreadable.
You mean the "Remove Programs" title stays there, right? I just tried it and that's what I got. When I go to another tab and then go back to the internet tab, the "Remove Programs" text is gone. Is that what happens with you guys?
Old 06-17-2011, 11:25 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Yes in 3months
Sorry if that scares anyone. I can't prove or dismiss it so I throw it out there.

I flashed your 6.5 version as soon as I got hardspl flashed.
This rom is amazing and the best Sharkierom I ever had.
I can overclock past 768Mhz, stability extends 2 notches higher than stock rom.
This is my new favorite, a very hard thing to do considering Vinrom was my previous best.
Battery life is amazing as well.
Your back-light settings on max didn't drain it as fast either, surprising.

Only thing I see you haven't implemented snooze options for appointments.
My reg modified cab in my sig link should work for both 6.5 & 6.5.x

Any reason for taskbar change?

Cant help sayin this is a sweet and very polished rom : )

Your CHT settings is very optimal and minimal,
and 2.0 does seem to run more stable than prevous versions,
when setup YOUR WAY.
I also reduced full animation setting in CHT editor
Only minor lag is, in portrait to landscape,
which happens to all roms on CHT2.0, so no biggie
As far as the taskbar change, I talked a bit about it in this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Yep, I'm loving the new phone, although I've been on my TP2 for a couple of weeks now.

Android is absolutely wonderful. I've no complaints yet. Luckily for me, I live, work and play in a 4G area so the EVO runs fast as ever most of the time. Battery life is not so great, but I wouldn't expect my laptop to go all day running on a single charge and the EVO is like a laptop in my pocket. I'm sure I can get that better whenever it is that I decide to really dig into to making an EVO ROM.

I've brought a tiny bit of the Android look to this new ROM with it's new set of Dark Ninja Android Taskbar Icons and the Android wait cursor that comes along with it. I've brought a tiny bit of the imagery from it's people favs to this ROM. One of the big reasons I brought the RSS feed to this ROM was because I grew accustomed to regularly checking news feeds. While it will never be as fast as the EVO News feed widget, it's a step in that direction. The default wallpaper is also from a dumped EVO ROM and is the one that use on my EVO most of the time.

I'm just glad there are still people around that can use and appreciate our work!
We do it for you!
I'm glad you're liking the latest version! A Maxx134 stamp of approval is a valued asset indeed

I like the snooze options for appts. I'll incorporate those into the next round! As always, thanks!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
You mean the "Remove Programs" title stays there, right? I just tried it and that's what I got. When I go to another tab and then go back to the internet tab, the "Remove Programs" text is gone. Is that what happens with you guys?
That's what I get. It's not a big deal, but I know how you are
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:19 AM
HI Fly Guy

wanted to share a few screenies...
i switched the sim clock icons to your free icons but not sure yet, i like the color but these are old school and twisted. i am keeping the settings tab free icon as the sim settings icon, new school
the rss icon you posted awhile back worked great
still cant get a screenie of askmen bookmark?
check out my softkey bar...my start menu wall is same as my welcome head, thanks to mcluvin

i was wondering if any1 was feeling helpful w/ some 10 teen mins.? i was thinking it would look better (the softkey bar) if the inside of the softkey buttons were transparent (leaving frame solid) to see the backround some what. any1? my last request would be to make the parrot wall also a portrait 480x800 using the far right edge working out, any1? i did try the online resize tools and this family computer...i cant dl programs

edit: parrot full size can be found here
thanks for any help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (7.5 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2.jpg (7.0 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3.jpg (7.7 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot4.jpg (12.5 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot5.jpg (10.3 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Parrot.jpg (11.8 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by kjhadfield; 06-19-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:30 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

What size is that pic supposed to be? When I try and save it, it saves as like 100x200 or something small like that. Is that the original size?

Screenshots look tight by the way! I like the look. I think the free icons go great with it too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:48 AM
HI Fly Guy

Quote:
What size is that pic supposed to be? When I try and save it, it saves as like 100x200 or something small like that. Is that the original size?

Screenshots look tight by the way! I like the look. I think the free icons go great with it too.
i think its 800x500, i included link to xda w/ it uploaded via imageshack. i didnt think the site resized it. yea im really digging the green tb to offset the color and i added that and rss orange to simclock. the colors on that wall pop. i still have your regular icons in start menu and the free icons are used for the simclock, matchs the trans notification icons you posted.

what do you think of the idea for the softkey buttons?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development