PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 02:20 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

found on xda and i think its a nice change of color every time you open camera/video

was opera changed cause i dont ever remember the page back (arrow) went to a "preview" screen? this seems like a glitchy feature of opera, any1 else. the only reason i havent removed in favor of uc is for the fav. pages ss ability.

as far as saving settings and such both cht and sense i used to roam the registry for key items/words. but now i would use the export settings feature in chte, steveo thanks but also once you get the cht/chte understood then look into chts and w/ this you can save different layouts/switch profiles and most important is it can save cht and sense as whole! can be your best friend. but as far as other wm settings you can search registry (hkey_current user) is a good place to start ( then look in control panel) then you can export these settings and eventually you can save them all and apply in xda-uc (in rom already) so anytime you flash/hard reset it would auto
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo.jpg (7.9 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Video.jpg (8.0 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I added that preview screen to Opera I guess sometime after 5.0 I like the preview. To change it, I believe it's:

HKLM\Software\HTC\Opera\Info - EnableVisualBack. Change to 0
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1
Carrier: Sprint

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

That was an extremely informative and helpful post Sharkie - thank you. I will have to go through it a bit more in detail, but it definitely gives a bit more insight into "what's under the hood"!.

I tried setting the backlight to turn off (in 1-2min) when on battery or charging - also checked phone to adjust backlight - but it seems that the backlight never turns off - I have some pending SMS's that I haven't checked (and that function now works as per your instructions now) and I'm not sure if that was what is causing it - or maybe I have to uncheck one of the "flashing" notifications... still searching the phone for what the specific feature is - I think that's draining the battery fairly fast.

I also tried pressing the power button (once) to turn off the screen - but it keeps coming back on - even if I have the phone locked. Any ideas what I am overlooking here?

* edit - I unchecked all the "flash for X minutes" options in the settings > sounds and notifications - but also went and read through all the pending sms's -
Hopefully it was the former option that kept the phone backlight on - will have to observe.

Last edited by vancomycin; 06-14-2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:23 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

I've never had any problems with the power button not turning off the screen. No one has ever reported any issues with this either... Not sure what's going on there.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jojousa is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

this latest build is nice, fast and stable. However, there is this new calendar issue i need to ask. when i add an appointment in the calendar tab, it doesn't show up in the calendar. But it does reminds me. anyone know how to fix this?
Old 06-14-2011, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I've never had any problems with the power button not turning off the screen. No one has ever reported any issues with this either... Not sure what's going on there.
I know it is kind of confusing on how I might have described it -
I was trying to imply not DIM the screen but have it turn off - so it was my miscommunication problem -

settings > system > power > backlight >
I have checked there :
* adjust backlight automatically
* DIM backlight if not in use 1 min (battery)
* DIM backlight if not in use 10 min (external power)

> I overlooked the "Turn OFF device" on both battery/external power option in the same backlight menu - and I think that was what the problem may have been. **** This is what I should have checked (edit* screen turns off as I needed it)

Do you know what folder the sharkie (light blue) .png file is for the screen when locked or when accessing all the other menus? Right now I have deleted the same png wallpaper that came with your ROM for my home screen from one of the menus (I forget where) but it seems the wallpaper is globally around on the other submenus. It is just a dark black background now.

The image I am talking about it like the wallpaper on your post #3577
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2115152-post3577.html

I guess I could manually search the phone too and delete the wallpaper png file

Last edited by vancomycin; 06-14-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

To change the lock wallpaper, go to Startmenu\settings
home and check the box at the bottom that says "use this picture as the background". Then hit browse and you can browse to whatever wallpaper you like.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojousa View Post
this latest build is nice, fast and stable. However, there is this new calendar issue i need to ask. when i add an appointment in the calendar tab, it doesn't show up in the calendar. But it does reminds me. anyone know how to fix this?
As far as I know there are no issues in this area. It's working fine for me as you can see in my screenie...

Anyone else having any issues in this area?
Old 06-14-2011, 03:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Just checked mine, all is normal.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
To change the lock wallpaper, go to Startmenu\settings
home and check the box at the bottom that says "use this picture as the background". Then hit browse and you can browse to whatever wallpaper you like.
There seems to be only 4 photos after flashing the ROM - I was just looking for the black background.... like the background in the Calander picture you have above. I removed a few png's

so not a wallpaper image per se. I removed a PNG files from the "menu > set wallpaper > Home Tab (the png was in portrait / wide portrait and landscape) - so my home screen looks like the calander background, all the others have the blue background as noted in the link I was showing you above.

Clothes-line / default-template / duel / furious - these were all background pics

There is the Sharkie405 Remix theme - what happens if I delete that?

Last edited by vancomycin; 06-14-2011 at 03:56 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development