PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2011, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1
Carrier: Sprint

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

Yes I meant the music player widget -

trying to locate the deselecting sense option - where was it?
Old 06-12-2011, 09:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

start menu\settings\home\items. Uncheck sense and hit ok, wait a few seconds until it stops and then recheck Sense and see what happens.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The "home" isn't there anymore, strange - all I see is : clocks.alarms / lock / today / sounds-notifications/personal/connections/system/bluetooth

All I did was just copy the new sounds to application data, and install the sprint cab for profile/prl and launched opera to test and sprint navigation,

edit * I did go to start > tools > "clear temp" and had left all what was checked and executed the clean command.
I know I saw "home" before...

Last edited by vancomycin; 06-12-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:11 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Wow! That makes no sense and I've never seen that before.

If I were you I would hard reset or reflash before you get too far into settings things up. When is the last time you reformatted your SD card. This needs to be done every so often. If it's not, it can lead to weird occurrences such as the ones you're having now. I would try that and then either hard reset or reflash.

I've never had any issue similar to what you're describing and no one else has ever reported it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yeah sorry sharkie - I figured that might be the best thing too - just who knows what exactly happened....

Can I hard-reset and then go back to SharkieROM or do the Task29 and SharkieROM romupdaterutility?

I will format the SD card again to Fat32 (which it was already)

I will keep you posted on this and in general how your ROM is working from my use. Thank you for the continued support!

Edit** I just did the Task29 and starting the SharkieROM updateutility now... formated my 8gb microsd card again to Fat32 too.

Last edited by vancomycin; 06-12-2011 at 09:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:19 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I uploaded the sharkieROM sound cab HERE to make it easier on those who want it. It never occurred to me that I could just upload the cab to 4shared and post it that way since it's too big to actually uplaod to PPCGeeks. So that's what I did.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks Sharkie - The sound files work great. I'm very impressed with all the features that were not on Stock Sprint ROM - will be quite some time getting use to and understanding all these new additions...

3 questions :

1. Will the PIMBackup be suitable to save all my SMS(inbox/sent items) and contacts to a the SD card for retrieval *in case something happens?

2. I'm having a tough time reading the calender on the light background - is there a way to change the SharkieROM to have just a darker background? Maybe without transparency on the calendar if that's what it appears to be - not sure. I don't mind the current icons and such - just a darker background would be cool to have - (I think was more from using the sprint stock rom for so long).

3. How much talk time are people getting without being connected to wireless / internet - I think I went from 90%-20% in almost 2 hours without data connection. Not sure if the weather causes a drain - I never had weather or its animations installed before on the stock.

Last edited by vancomycin; 06-13-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:52 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: ¡ïSharkieROM¡ï6/4/11-Updated¡ïVersion 5.1¡ïGeneric\Sprint¡ï29020\21916¡ïSense2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancomycin View Post
Thanks Sharkie - The sound files work great. I'm very impressed with all the features that were not on Stock Sprint ROM - will be quite some time getting use to and understanding all these new additions...

3 questions :

1. Will the PIMBackup be suitable to save all my SMS(inbox/sent items) and contacts to a the SD card for retrieval *in case something happens?

2. I'm having a tough time reading the calender on the light background - is there a way to change the SharkieROM to have just a darker background? Maybe without transparency on the calendar if that's what it appears to be - not sure. I don't mind the current icons and such - just a darker background would be cool to have - (I think was more from using the sprint stock rom for so long).

3. How much talk time are people getting without being connected to wireless / internet - I think I went from 90%-20% in almost 2 hours without data connection. Not sure if the weather causes a drain - I never had weather or its animations installed before on the stock.
1. backing up contacts and calendar is a good thing, pim backup is a good basic backup. however i will suggest...dont backup sms, it just causes lag when you have to many messages. at least this was the case way back. i never used the sms backup option w/ pim but i would think it would work just be careful of how much you save/keep.
2. you can click on the right softkey menu and tap wallpapers or the sort or go to settings tab/personalize/ wallpaper
3.dont know about talk time, lol, i know its main function. but the weather update interval can be changed in weather tab menu key and the animations are already off but you can find it in chteditor.

i suggest if your not familiar w/ cookie home tab cht and its sister editor and brother scheduler, to go on over to xda and read up the manuals.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Wow! That makes no sense and I've never seen that before.

If I were you I would hard reset or reflash before you get too far into settings things up. When is the last time you reformatted your SD card. This needs to be done every so often. If it's not, it can lead to weird occurrences such as the ones you're having now. I would try that and then either hard reset or reflash.

I've never had any issue similar to what you're describing and no one else has ever reported it.
I actually had the same issues a couple times when changing batteries. Slipped my mind to post it because it was always before going to bed. Seemed weird, has never happened with any of your ROMs Just soft reset and like the previous poster, just tapped on the screen while loading and loaded fine. My SD card has been recently formatted. Btw, no co0kie on mine.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
One thing I do is to disconnect cable after flashing ROM when it says "finished" and not let the phone boot up connected to PC. I've heard it can cause problems? Not sure why it would, but why take a chance? Anyone else ever heard of this?
Don't know how it got started, but I also do the same thing. I never leave the cord plugged in due to some unkown fear LOL. Superstition always wins.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development