PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 06:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

@vancomycin,

I believe battery life on v5.1 to be great as I've posted a couple of times in the last few days. I've not talked on the phone for 2 hours straight since I've had my TP2, however. It's known that it takes one or 2 full charging cycles (empty battery, fully recharge, empty battery, fully recharge) after having flashed a ROM for the battery to settle in and for you to be able to get an accurate gauge on battery life.

My own personal goal with my ROM is not to have the least amount of stuff running or to save the absolute most space. To that end most of the data stuff is set up to auto sync at hourly intervels, screen is set with auto backlight off and set at the brightest option. Go through the ROM and make adjustements to things as you see fit. Dont' forget to go to Start Menu\System Tools\Remove Programs and uninstall the stuff that you don't want or use.

PIM Backup is all I've ever used to back up contacts since I had my TP. I've never had any problems with it at all. It saves all your contacts straight to your SD Card for easy backup every time.

I've posted a cab that will bring back the Calendar Tab background, like so:

Again, give it a couple of charging cycles and see if you find battery life to level out.
Attached Files
File Type: cab S-405 Stock Calendar BG.cab (113.1 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 06-13-2011 at 06:45 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

hey chef! any plans of getting a GTX version?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Great Sharkie - thanks a lot for that calendar. I was able to delete the .png default background to get a darker background - that was the perfect contrast for me...

I think a few messages ago I may have misrepresented or misunderstood what you meant as the home tab : if going to "start > settings >" there is no home icon, but a today icon - in there there was a sense which is ticked (checked) was that what you meant by trying to enable/disable sense from that?

How can I remove some of the sense links that scroll horizontally at the bottom of the home screen? i.e. deleting the stock / multimedia / twitter icons (not the programs, just so that I don't touch those accidentally as I don't use these)

I found them on another menu (can't recall exactly where), but there was no option to delete them from the bottom. These weren't the quick link boxes (I can adjust those fine).

So as a previous poster mentioned, PIMbackup doesn't do a good job in backing up SMS - I've tried pimbackup before I believe to try and save some SMS messages but the output when unzipping it on a text or word document was very difficult to sort through - content was there but it was very disorganized. Is there anything "freeware" that does a decent job in backing up SMS for people that need to save particular messages?

So far I am enjoying your ROM - it's definitely a major upgrade to the Stock and you have done an enormous job on overhauling new changes and additions.... have not run into any functionality errors (except for that first sense issue which I have no idea on how/what happened).

I did disable animations and weather auto-updates - for me, it's more about having enough power for talk time and running some of my medical applications - which are perfectly working (running skyscape clinical constellation suite) and it's super-fast
Old 06-13-2011, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Go to the Settings Tab then go to the top choice "Personalize" then inside there you'll see a "Home Tab Arrangement" option or something like that. Click on that. You'll see all the tabs listed in that screen. From the left side of the screen you can drag the tabs around to whatever order you would like them in. From the right side of that screen you can "uncheck" tabs that you don't want and it will remove them completely so you won't see them on the slider. After you're finished rearranging and unchecking, make sure you hit "Done" on the bottom left of the softkey bar, otherwise nothing will change. Once you hit "Done" Sense will restart itself with your new preferred Tab arrangement.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 06-13-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Great! That worked really well -

I did notice a loss of function on one feature on the home screen - where you have those "bubbles and #count) next to call history / sms / email / voicemail

When ever I receive a missed call / voicemail for example - there will be a # count next to it and I can click on this and it will open the appropriate thing properly (i.e. open call history / dial voicemail)

BUT - for the SMS's - whenever I try tapping on this one - it won't load anything. I disabled the default sharkieROM SMS bubble popups to the default/threaded SMS (stock style on sprint) -

I can add a quick link to SMS and it will go to the sms inbox and also at the top of the bar next to the wireless antenna strength/start the text notification pops up there and I can access it that way.

Any idea on how I may be able to get that particular SMS bubble to direct to the inbox?
Old 06-13-2011, 11:14 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
hey chef! any plans of getting a GTX version?
Last I checked GTX only worked with CHT v1.8.5. Is that still the case? I'm not willing to go back a version of CHT for GTX. Despite what some may think I think CHT v2.0.0 runs better and faster on our phones than v1.8.5, at least the way I keep mine set up.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:26 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancomycin View Post
Great! That worked really well -

I did notice a loss of function on one feature on the home screen - where you have those "bubbles and #count) next to call history / sms / email / voicemail

When ever I receive a missed call / voicemail for example - there will be a # count next to it and I can click on this and it will open the appropriate thing properly (i.e. open call history / dial voicemail)

BUT - for the SMS's - whenever I try tapping on this one - it won't load anything. I disabled the default sharkieROM SMS bubble popups to the default/threaded SMS (stock style on sprint) -

I can add a quick link to SMS and it will go to the sms inbox and also at the top of the bar next to the wireless antenna strength/start the text notification pops up there and I can access it that way.

Any idea on how I may be able to get that particular SMS bubble to direct to the inbox?
The SMS part of the CHT notification bar (if I'm correct in thinking that's what you're talking about)

is set by default to go to the "Messages" Tab (text messages). That is not happening when you hit it, but is happening for all call history, email and voicemail?

If you want to change the sms icon to lead you to WindowsMobile SMS instead of the Messages tab and Sense SMS, then you can go to:

From the home screen - Menu\CHTEditor\Applications - Messaging. Click on Messaging and then choose the SMS & MMS app. After choosing your app, while you're still in CHT Editor, make sure when you're done making changes you go to "Menu" and hit "apply changes" at the top of the menu. Then go back into "Menu" and hit Exit. Sense will automatically restart and your changes will take effect.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

This solved the problem perfectly sharkie - I'm typing now from the TP2. I was never use to any of the sense features in the past, so that and this cht editor is extremely new to me.

On the home page, as I scroll down with my finger - I notice the media music player pop up. I removed the multimedia link from the horizontal icons. This player comes up if I scroll one below all the quick links. I couldn't find wiithin the cht editor as to where this media player is and how I can remove that. I think it's by the 3rd time I scroll down it comes. If I scroll back up it's gone again - that was the player at first which came up and I had no idea how it appeared during the first installation and how that sense failed to restart leading me to reinstall your rom.

Last question : was there a way to backup all the settings and changes of your rom if something ever happens while getting use to this and restoring what setting I have already made?
Old 06-14-2011, 01:06 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

There is a way to back up all of your settings, but I don't know exactly how to do it since all my settings are the ROM default and are done in the kitchen. I've never had to back them up. KJ has posted a few times in this thread about how to back up CHT settings and there is tons of info. in the CHT Thread and CHT Editor thread that you should read (at least the 1st and 2nd pages of each) some of which will include how to back things up. I'll look for a post or two when I have time and link them here.

As for the music widget. CHT works more or less like this:

The Home screen can have 4 "Levels". Levels meaning swiping up or down. The home screens default page is on level 1. Swiping your finger from top to bottom on the screen will bring the screen down to reveal level 0. Level 0 is where I have the notification bar up top, the music player widget in the middle and the top row or quicklinks on the bottom. If you swipe from top to bottom again you will bring the screen down to reveal level 2 (I believe) which is set by default as only having the 16 quicklinks. By default I only have the ROM set up to show 3 out of the 4 available levels (levels 0-3). I also have it set so that the levels will swipe in a circle, meaning you can swipe from level 0 to level 1 to level 2 then swiping in the same direction again will bring you back to level 0.

Level 0 -Not. Bar Widget: Music Player Widget; one row of quicklinks
Level 1 -Clock Widget; Date, Alarm and Calendar widget; one row of quicklinks
Level 2 -16 quicklinks
(Level 3 -Disabled)
Level 0-Not. Bar Widget; Music Player Widget; one row of quicklinks
Level 1 -Clock Widget; Date, Alarm and Calendar widget; one row of quicklinks
Level 2 -16 quicklinks
(Level 3 -Disabled)

If you want to remove a widget in any level you have two ways to do it. You can press on any empty spot on the home screen until a menu pops up. When it does, choose "edit mode". Once in edit mode, click "Advanced" on the right side of the bottom softkey bar. Inside "Advanced" you'll see a list of all the widgets. Things that are checked are what you see on the screen. Uncheck any widgets you want to remove.

You can also get to the Advanced widget choices from the Menu button on the home screen, then choose edit level. It will ask you which level you want to edit. Whatever level you're currently on will already by marked.

In CHT Editor\Pages and Levels (I believe) you can change the swiping of levels from swiping in a circle or not. You can also change how many levels you'd like and you can also add pages (Home screen swipes from left to right also). "Levels" are up and down home screens and "Pages" are left to right home screens.

Remember, whenever in CHT Editor you must hit "Apply Changes" and then "Exit" for any changes to take effect.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 06-14-2011 at 01:17 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Haven't used co0kie in a long time but if memory serves..
1. create a co0kie settings folder in your storage card
2. tap menu/tap CHT Editor/ tap menu/ export settings/ tap the folder...(icon) twice/ scroll down to storage card and select, click premade folder/ click ok/ name your current backup/ and click ok.

To restore basically the same process except tap import settings rather than export.

Last edited by steveo70; 06-14-2011 at 01:59 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development