View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 01:06 AM
Sharkie405
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

There is a way to back up all of your settings, but I don't know exactly how to do it since all my settings are the ROM default and are done in the kitchen. I've never had to back them up. KJ has posted a few times in this thread about how to back up CHT settings and there is tons of info. in the CHT Thread and CHT Editor thread that you should read (at least the 1st and 2nd pages of each) some of which will include how to back things up. I'll look for a post or two when I have time and link them here.

As for the music widget. CHT works more or less like this:

The Home screen can have 4 "Levels". Levels meaning swiping up or down. The home screens default page is on level 1. Swiping your finger from top to bottom on the screen will bring the screen down to reveal level 0. Level 0 is where I have the notification bar up top, the music player widget in the middle and the top row or quicklinks on the bottom. If you swipe from top to bottom again you will bring the screen down to reveal level 2 (I believe) which is set by default as only having the 16 quicklinks. By default I only have the ROM set up to show 3 out of the 4 available levels (levels 0-3). I also have it set so that the levels will swipe in a circle, meaning you can swipe from level 0 to level 1 to level 2 then swiping in the same direction again will bring you back to level 0.

Level 0 -Not. Bar Widget: Music Player Widget; one row of quicklinks
Level 1 -Clock Widget; Date, Alarm and Calendar widget; one row of quicklinks
Level 2 -16 quicklinks
(Level 3 -Disabled)
Level 0-Not. Bar Widget; Music Player Widget; one row of quicklinks
Level 1 -Clock Widget; Date, Alarm and Calendar widget; one row of quicklinks
Level 2 -16 quicklinks
(Level 3 -Disabled)

If you want to remove a widget in any level you have two ways to do it. You can press on any empty spot on the home screen until a menu pops up. When it does, choose "edit mode". Once in edit mode, click "Advanced" on the right side of the bottom softkey bar. Inside "Advanced" you'll see a list of all the widgets. Things that are checked are what you see on the screen. Uncheck any widgets you want to remove.

You can also get to the Advanced widget choices from the Menu button on the home screen, then choose edit level. It will ask you which level you want to edit. Whatever level you're currently on will already by marked.

In CHT Editor\Pages and Levels (I believe) you can change the swiping of levels from swiping in a circle or not. You can also change how many levels you'd like and you can also add pages (Home screen swipes from left to right also). "Levels" are up and down home screens and "Pages" are left to right home screens.

Remember, whenever in CHT Editor you must hit "Apply Changes" and then "Exit" for any changes to take effect.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 06-14-2011 at 01:17 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.