PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 09:50 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I could do it, but it would take some time. I pretty much had to fill in the entire top and bottom of the pic. A little layer copying and a lot of paint brush and penciling up to make everything look good. Luckily, I save it in .psd format so I can just contiue where i left of. The left side with just sky should be relatively easy, the right side with the palm trees is what makes it a bitch. Luckily the moon isn't involved with making it wider so that should make it easier as well. I've got a busy couple of weeks starting tomorrow, but I love art and this will give me something to do if I'm in the mood and have the time.

Did you want the entire softkey buttons more transparent or just the insides of the buttons. And how transparent do you want them would you say? 50%? More?

Good to hear you're liking the ROM. I agree v5.1 is a rock.
wow, i guess i never realized how much it was for just the portrait...so only if you desire, for the wide portrait!

the softkeys, i was thinking about inside the frame itself and as for the percent, im not sure. i guess whatever looks right, maybe try 50. i was thinking it would make the "sharkie rom" tagged softkey bar look better to see a glimist (sp?) of the tag behind the button.

thanks agian, either way
Old 06-20-2011, 10:00 PM
HI Fly Guy

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: ¡ïSharkieROM¡ï6/4/11-Updated¡ïVersion 5.1¡ïGeneric\Sprint¡ï29020\21916¡ïSense2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by richfei View Post
These were Sharkie Roms I tried in the past
Not sure how old these are compared to the latest build
6.5.X Sprint SharkieROM v5.0
21686 Generic SharkieROM CE v2.0 R4

I moved away and tried some other ROMs since I noticed I had to reboot from time to time since my Outlook and Gmail would no longer sync and only a reboot would fix it

Has anyone encountered this before and will the later versions have contributed more to stability in this area ?

For some reason, the links on post 1 don't work for me
Perhaps work is blocking those links
I'll download and try again from a different location

Btw, Great work, Sharkie
when you say wouldnt sync do you mean active sync would pop up with the password screen telling you to re-enter cause its wrong? and everytime you re-enter password it says its wrong loop.

if so i get this on occasion, but cant ever pin point the issue. think i read its actually a google error. i found if i leave it alone it will fix itself, maybe i did reboot w/out realizing that fixed it, i dunno. i remember at 1 point i thought it had something to do w\ turning off mail sync in comm manager even thou my active sync is set to sync as items arrive. maybe this was conflict?

just my thoughts but , sharkie, if its not a google error i would classify it similar to the mysterious kb backlight flicker.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1
Carrier: Sprint

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

So it's been a week or so since using the SharkieROM - there's still a lot I have no idea about - but I am still very pleased meaning it's 1000x better than the stock sprint Battery power is very good too.

1. How can I get the battery indicator to be displayed on the title bar? When I selected to have my clock displayed on all tabs, my battery indicator disappeared. I always have to tap in that area to visibly see the battery status notification. (I wanted BOTH the clock and battery to be shown like I see on some of the screenshots here).

2. CHT Editor Export Setting clarification: I exported a setting that I did to remove a level and take out the music player. In the event I have to ever reset back to Sharkie, the import of what I saved to the SD card will be how it was last exported/saved?

3. I wanted to see what this XDA UC is - I clicked on it, and a few minutes later some process started without me knowing what happened. Is this something that's now enabled/active on my phone as a system process? I googled quickly to see what this is, and apparently it is a utility that allows us to put cabs or software to another folder in the SD card to reinstall automatically during re-installing the ROM?

4. Was there a default dark "black" wallpaper or image that fits the TP2 display that I can use on all the tabs from Home through all the backgrounds when clicking on start? The blue default sharkie theme background is a little difficult to see. I was looking for something that had what the default stock sprint background - that solid black background on every tab/page of the phone.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I'll post that black wallpaper in a few when I get home and answer some of the questions.

Will this background work?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TMOUS_wallpaper_002.jpg (3.2 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 06-20-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitup27 View Post
time to dl 5.1 haven't had a sharkie fix in a bit,the 5.0 i tried wasn't nice to me lol,so i went back a build but after reading last 10 pages i feel as if i'm cheating myself if i don't give this update a whirl,check back in after the setup!!

Rom is looking oustanding homeslice!!! but hell i remember when you first started cooking for yourself with the original touch pro,i recall showing extreme interest of your work based on pix i saw back then,so needless to say once you started cooking for the public i got my fix and have been impressed since day 1,love the rom,love the work you do,the dedication you provide for your work in unrivaled!!

THANKS MAN!!!!
My man! Good to see you again! I hope v5.1 treats you right. Give me a quick rundown once you get things set up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
wow, i guess i never realized how much it was for just the portrait...so only if you desire, for the wide portrait!
Yeah, you know in that original pic the moon is cut off around the bottom of the "KJ" in the 1st one I posted. So everything above that is created by me. I thought about resizing it, but it's just such a nice detailed pic, I didn't want it to lose any quality. Like I said though, it was fun. I taught myself a few new photoshop techniques and did some things I hadn't done before, so it's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancomycin View Post
So it's been a week or so since using the SharkieROM - there's still a lot I have no idea about - but I am still very pleased meaning it's 1000x better than the stock sprint Battery power is very good too.

1. How can I get the battery indicator to be displayed on the title bar? When I selected to have my clock displayed on all tabs, my battery indicator disappeared. I always have to tap in that area to visibly see the battery status notification. (I wanted BOTH the clock and battery to be shown like I see on some of the screenshots here).

2. CHT Editor Export Setting clarification: I exported a setting that I did to remove a level and take out the music player. In the event I have to ever reset back to Sharkie, the import of what I saved to the SD card will be how it was last exported/saved?

3. I wanted to see what this XDA UC is - I clicked on it, and a few minutes later some process started without me knowing what happened. Is this something that's now enabled/active on my phone as a system process? I googled quickly to see what this is, and apparently it is a utility that allows us to put cabs or software to another folder in the SD card to reinstall automatically during re-installing the ROM?

4. Was there a default dark "black" wallpaper or image that fits the TP2 display that I can use on all the tabs from Home through all the backgrounds when clicking on start? The blue default sharkie theme background is a little difficult to see. I was looking for something that had what the default stock sprint background - that solid black background on every tab/page of the phone.
1) I don't use 6.5 on the regular and so I've not searched and searched for an answer. I looked around for a little bit at some point a while ago to find an option for 6.5 to have both the time and battery showing at the same time. I never found a way to do this. The stock ROM does this? If so, I will revisit the issue and hopefully provide an answer for you.

2) I don't ever use CHT Editor to export anything since I use the ROM how it is by default always. So hopefully someone else can go over that again with you. I can tell you how to back up your CHT layout via the registry.

-If you don't already have it download "CE Registry Editor". Here's a link :http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/

-Plug you phone up to the computer and open up CE Reg Ed.

-Click the phone icon in the top left corner of the screen just below "Connections". Go to HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila.

-Right click on the 'manila' folder and choose "Export".

-Choose where you want to save the file. Type the file name as whatever you want Call it "CHT1" to be simple. Save it as file type "Registry file (*.reg)"

-Click "Yes" on the next pop up screen.

-Click "OK" on the next screen

-Click "OK" when it tells you it's done.

The registry at HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila mostly controls CHT Editor settings.

To save the layouts and widget settings you need to save the registry at "HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\CHT".

Follow the same process as described above for the "CHT" folder to save it, except name it something different like "CHT2".

Now that you have them saved, should you need to revert to you preferred CHT setup and layout again:

-Plug phone up to comp.

-Click phone icon.

-Choose "Edit" from the top row of buttons.

-Choose "Import" from the Edit drop down menu.

-Find the .reg files you saved. and hit ok.

-You may get a message saying something along the lines of this file being a PC file and it might not be suitable for you device. Ignore this message and hit ok or continue to continue. It may ask you if you want to import certain parts of the registry. Just keep hitting ok until it's done.

-Once it says it's done, soft reset your phone and your layout should be in effect.

I know in writing it sounds like lot, but I can export and import those settings in literally less than a minute, it's not difficult at all.

3) In a nutshell yes, XDAUC can automatically install cabs, xmls, registry settings and much more. Do some reading in this thread for a lot more on what you can with XDA UC. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=503060
Unfortunately, as stated in the 1st post, after flashing my ROM, XDA UC won't work after you've soft reset your phone. A reinstall of XDA UC may work, I've not tried it.

4) Check post above this one

Last edited by Sharkie405; 06-21-2011 at 12:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1
Carrier: Sprint

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

That background looks great sharkie - will try it out in a few hours. Basically, just wanted a black background that would be able to be on every background (i,e. when hitting start or going to settings, system, etc)

I see that all the screenshots of the past few posts have both the digital clock and battery meter on the main title bar. I never saw this as a stock option. By default the battery meter is there, but I wanted the time on every screen too... but when going to start > settings > clocks/alarms, one of the options was to enable the clock on every screen or program) When selecting that, it removes the battery meter.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:09 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

All the screenies are of 6.5.X. You are on 6.5 with start menu link on the top taskbar, right?
Old 06-21-2011, 12:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Here's a black wallpaper I use just in case you wanted black only
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gloss black..jpg (12.5 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:14 AM
HI Fly Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
All the screenies are of 6.5.X. You are on 6.5 with start menu link on the top taskbar, right?
yea thats what hes talking about. he see's our screenies, 6.5.x, and he is on the 6.5. i never read of a mod to have both battery and clock on the 6.5 roms but i didnt stay that long before the jump to 6.5.x.

my suggestions....you made the jump to custom roms from the stock already, now take the plunge to 6.5.x roms and i think you might be amazed the real question to yourself would be do you like the old school windows 6.1? the old school today plugins w/out htc manilia/sense? if your answer was yes stay w/ 6.5 but if you didnt really like 6.1 and you wish 6.5 roms were more finger friendly then go 6.5.x.

if you dont like it then you can flash back and test your exported settings, just to check they work in case of the real deal
Old 06-21-2011, 01:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

themanjsq is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

thanks for the quick reply! shouldve read that sorry, tried 6.5.x, about to try 6.5 now again thanks for a great rom.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development