View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Sharkie405
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitup27 View Post
time to dl 5.1 haven't had a sharkie fix in a bit,the 5.0 i tried wasn't nice to me lol,so i went back a build but after reading last 10 pages i feel as if i'm cheating myself if i don't give this update a whirl,check back in after the setup!!

Rom is looking oustanding homeslice!!! but hell i remember when you first started cooking for yourself with the original touch pro,i recall showing extreme interest of your work based on pix i saw back then,so needless to say once you started cooking for the public i got my fix and have been impressed since day 1,love the rom,love the work you do,the dedication you provide for your work in unrivaled!!

THANKS MAN!!!!
My man! Good to see you again! I hope v5.1 treats you right. Give me a quick rundown once you get things set up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
wow, i guess i never realized how much it was for just the portrait...so only if you desire, for the wide portrait!
Yeah, you know in that original pic the moon is cut off around the bottom of the "KJ" in the 1st one I posted. So everything above that is created by me. I thought about resizing it, but it's just such a nice detailed pic, I didn't want it to lose any quality. Like I said though, it was fun. I taught myself a few new photoshop techniques and did some things I hadn't done before, so it's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancomycin View Post
So it's been a week or so since using the SharkieROM - there's still a lot I have no idea about - but I am still very pleased meaning it's 1000x better than the stock sprint Battery power is very good too.

1. How can I get the battery indicator to be displayed on the title bar? When I selected to have my clock displayed on all tabs, my battery indicator disappeared. I always have to tap in that area to visibly see the battery status notification. (I wanted BOTH the clock and battery to be shown like I see on some of the screenshots here).

2. CHT Editor Export Setting clarification: I exported a setting that I did to remove a level and take out the music player. In the event I have to ever reset back to Sharkie, the import of what I saved to the SD card will be how it was last exported/saved?

3. I wanted to see what this XDA UC is - I clicked on it, and a few minutes later some process started without me knowing what happened. Is this something that's now enabled/active on my phone as a system process? I googled quickly to see what this is, and apparently it is a utility that allows us to put cabs or software to another folder in the SD card to reinstall automatically during re-installing the ROM?

4. Was there a default dark "black" wallpaper or image that fits the TP2 display that I can use on all the tabs from Home through all the backgrounds when clicking on start? The blue default sharkie theme background is a little difficult to see. I was looking for something that had what the default stock sprint background - that solid black background on every tab/page of the phone.
1) I don't use 6.5 on the regular and so I've not searched and searched for an answer. I looked around for a little bit at some point a while ago to find an option for 6.5 to have both the time and battery showing at the same time. I never found a way to do this. The stock ROM does this? If so, I will revisit the issue and hopefully provide an answer for you.

2) I don't ever use CHT Editor to export anything since I use the ROM how it is by default always. So hopefully someone else can go over that again with you. I can tell you how to back up your CHT layout via the registry.

-If you don't already have it download "CE Registry Editor". Here's a link :http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/

-Plug you phone up to the computer and open up CE Reg Ed.

-Click the phone icon in the top left corner of the screen just below "Connections". Go to HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila.

-Right click on the 'manila' folder and choose "Export".

-Choose where you want to save the file. Type the file name as whatever you want Call it "CHT1" to be simple. Save it as file type "Registry file (*.reg)"

-Click "Yes" on the next pop up screen.

-Click "OK" on the next screen

-Click "OK" when it tells you it's done.

The registry at HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila mostly controls CHT Editor settings.

To save the layouts and widget settings you need to save the registry at "HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\CHT".

Follow the same process as described above for the "CHT" folder to save it, except name it something different like "CHT2".

Now that you have them saved, should you need to revert to you preferred CHT setup and layout again:

-Plug phone up to comp.

-Click phone icon.

-Choose "Edit" from the top row of buttons.

-Choose "Import" from the Edit drop down menu.

-Find the .reg files you saved. and hit ok.

-You may get a message saying something along the lines of this file being a PC file and it might not be suitable for you device. Ignore this message and hit ok or continue to continue. It may ask you if you want to import certain parts of the registry. Just keep hitting ok until it's done.

-Once it says it's done, soft reset your phone and your layout should be in effect.

I know in writing it sounds like lot, but I can export and import those settings in literally less than a minute, it's not difficult at all.

3) In a nutshell yes, XDAUC can automatically install cabs, xmls, registry settings and much more. Do some reading in this thread for a lot more on what you can with XDA UC. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=503060
Unfortunately, as stated in the 1st post, after flashing my ROM, XDA UC won't work after you've soft reset your phone. A reinstall of XDA UC may work, I've not tried it.

4) Check post above this one

Last edited by Sharkie405; 06-21-2011 at 12:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.