View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 08:40 AM
ModmyPPC
Almost a VIP

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3-26-11★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
You can't delete files in ROM. They need to be there if you do a hardreset to restore it. Everything cooked into the ROM is put in \windows. Some items are then copied to other locations (like every file on your phone that is not in \windows - so all subdirectories in \windows and everything outside of \windows is duplicated). Do people really run out of storage memory on the sprint TP2? I install/cook lots of stuff in and I don't think I've ever had less than 50 mb free. Back on my Diamond, that would have been a dream .
Yes Ive run out of memory multiple times. When I have the rom running on my phone for around two months or so. Which is a testiment to how great this rom is.

BUT IT DOES HAPPEN. If you look at the main touch pro 2 directory there is someone there asking how to get rid of the LOW memory problem..

If your low on memory you CANT search the web it constantly tells you to run out of memory. If you around 10 - 20 mb Your phone wont run at all...

Ive done a few research and Ive been able to spot a few memory hogs and right now im running with 130mb of free storage ram...

I just wish I can remove the rest of those files in the windows directory since I dont use it. The additional sharkie sounds is ridiculous at 17.6mb

While I do love alot of the sounds I only use two. Generic ring2 and alert smile for alerts...

But I can live at 130mb of free storage space and 102mb free program memory.