View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 09:26 AM
mwalt2
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3-26-11★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Yes Ive run out of memory multiple times.
I just wish I can remove the rest of those files in the windows directory since I dont use it. The additional sharkie sounds is ridiculous at 17.6mb

If your low on memory you CANT search the web it constantly tells you to run out of memory. If you around 10 - 20 mb Your phone wont run at all...
You probably already know, but program memory is different than storage memory. I would imagine an error using the web is probably related to running out of program memory (analogous to RAM in a PC). I suppose if it's trying to cache stuff to program memory and you have <5 mb free, maybe you could get an error. Our phones are kind of lacking in program memory, so it can get used up rather quickly if running a few apps at once.

Storage memory is like a HDD in a PC. If you do not like shakie's sounds, just use HTC Rom Image Editor and delete the cab/zip/whatever you want. You may get an the first time you flash the ROM, which you can edit config.txt or config_operator.txt or maybe some others (sharkie could probably tell you exactly which one he uses). All ringtones get cooked in \windows and moved to \windows\rings by default (effectively taking up 2x the space). Putting the in a cab basically reduces the number of files in \windows (making the directory load faster if trying to browse it) and may save a small amount of space.

[!WP7 support!] Htc ROM Image Editor and other Tools. (C) 2007-2010 AnDim (2.1.11) - xda-developers
This post has been thanked 2 times.