View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 10:25 PM
mwalt2
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3-26-11★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
How come I can't delete the following cabs from the windows directory?

Uscell.cam 28.3k
ucweb v7.6 1.5mb
Verizon.cab 3.3mb
Tmobile.cab 682.5k
sharkierom additional sounds 17.6mb
Motweets v1.9.2.cab 793.8k

I would free up so much memory. Dont feel like calculating but all of this useless apps taking up my memory is upsetting.

I uninstalled what I could but I can't delete these files! WHY NOT? I dont need them. How do I get rid of them?
You can't delete files in ROM. They need to be there if you do a hardreset to restore it. Everything cooked into the ROM is put in \windows. Some items are then copied to other locations (like every file on your phone that is not in \windows - so all subdirectories in \windows and everything outside of \windows is duplicated). Do people really run out of storage memory on the sprint TP2? I install/cook lots of stuff in and I don't think I've ever had less than 50 mb free. Back on my Diamond, that would have been a dream .