PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Carrier: Sprint

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I use the wimo dialer.
Can't use the TF3D people tab to dial if you don't use the tachi dialer.
I use panoramic contacts genius so if isn't am issue for me.
So - this is what I want to do.. I want to hit the talk button and then dial a person's name and then use right/left keys to get to the desired number (home / mobile / office etc).

I am kinda lost reading other posts after your posts now... what would fit and what won't...

So do I get the default dialer ? How do I do that ?

Last edited by k000; 11-02-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
I am liking the Enery ROM immensly... but there is something very disappointing that is imapcting thsi ROM as well.. and that is dialer.

Why is it that I can't toggle between a specifica contacst all numbers by just clicking right/left keys when in dialer screen ?? Now I have to first type and find the contact, then Right Soft key and then Open Contact and then select the number I want to dial ?? Sounds like extra few key-presses that I should not need..

I am sure there used to dialers easily able to do that.. ? Does anyone feel the same as me or have another suggetsion ?
I'm using PhonEx (not free though) and it works great with my phone and NRGROM

Hard left button opens dialer. Hit contacts and scroll to contact or hit favorites to access my most called numbers tap and dial, text, etc.

Hard right button hangs up and closes the prog.

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 11-02-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rashire is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rashire

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
For the keyboard issues you want Juicys' Western EZ input, click the link in my sig to the threads attached files, it's in there (alphabetically)

I'm on Sprint. GPS works "out the box". I usually do the stock flash process before a new ROM. Random soft or hard resets are very often a sign of a bad flash and usually cleared up by that process.
Hard reset/flash Stock ROM/hard reset/flash Energy (or ROM of your choice)/hard reset. Lengthy yes but it works.
BEFORE you do that though try running through all the GPS programs on your phone to see if that clears up your problem. Start/GPS has some GPS tools in it. Also Start/Settings/System has more like AGPS. Go through those and see if it helps.

EDIT: Forgot to mention sometimes a new radio helps with GPS issues.

Reply is way late but, thanks for the tips, keyboard works great now, and i dropped the new radio in (was still running stock) and gps works smoothly now.

However i do seem to have one new issue of the phone freezeing and after I end calls. Not 100% on this yet but may be only while phone is connected to usb power. Will post more details if any after a day of use.

Also I'm still interested in having a link to showcase in the bottom menu bar while tf3d is on screen, in the bottom right corner, simular to how htc task manager functioned on 6.1. Going to tf3d, scrolling to programs, running showcase, then selecting the app i want to go to is getting very annoying.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Dutt1113 is a n00b

what is everyone's comments on the gps on this latest energy photon rom. Is it working right away through google maps or say TomTom without having to run a gps program to open up any ports?
Old 11-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I'm using PhonEx (not free though) and it works great with my phone and NRGROM

Hard left button opens dialer. Hit contacts and scroll to contact or hit favorites to access my most called numbers tap and dial, text, etc.

Hard right button hangs up and closes the prog.

David

I used to use many a add-ons in the past but ahve gotten away from them since chefs have been cooking awesome ROMs.

Why do we have dialers cooked in which are not working with the default Manila/Titaniums ?
Old 11-02-2009, 04:28 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
I used to use many a add-ons in the past but ahve gotten away from them since chefs have been cooking awesome ROMs.

Why do we have dialers cooked in which are not working with the default Manila/Titaniums ?
Because Tachi is the only dialer that even works with the NEW build in TF3D.
I choose to use winmo dialer but also I lose the TF3D fav people contact dialing feature.
Not a big deal if you use a third party contact manager like Panoramic Contact Genius or Resco Contacts.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2!!!!

jp2307 is keeping up the good workjp2307 is keeping up the good work

rashire.....

It has been mentioned a few times already...but here it is...

in this ROM the Showcase works "EXACTLY" like the HTC task manager...just instead of clicking on the upper right corner to bring the task manager...you click and HOLD on the lower left corner (windows/start logo) and it brings Showcase...you will close any programs like you used to with HTC task manager. SAME amount of clicks.

You will see that it works as good as the way it used to with HTC task manager. and if you hold the CALL key for a fews seconds it bring the windows task manager!!!

try it and tell us what you think.. : -)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Dutt1113 is a n00b

does anybody know how to get to the task manager in this new rom to go directly to any of multiple programs you have running in background?
Old 11-02-2009, 05:07 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
So - this is what I want to do.. I want to hit the talk button and then dial a person's name and then use right/left keys to get to the desired number (home / mobile / office etc).

I am kinda lost reading other posts after your posts now... what would fit and what won't...

So do I get the default dialer ? How do I do that ?
Assuming your right soft key still points to "Contacts", you should be able to do this.

Press the soft key for Contacts. It will bring up the old windows contacts view. Search for or scroll to the contact of choice. Use the right and left direction on the rocker to scroll through their various phone numbers [home, work, etc]...press the phone key [on the rocker].

The only tricky thing, or maybe it's a benefit, is that the scroll wheel can make hitting "left" and "right" tricky.

...but that's exactly what you want to do, isn't it?
Old 11-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3p3l3pew View Post
I flashed the 1025 ROM and using TF3D. The volume control seems to work fine. It shows what I think is the older WM slider bars but works just like it should. I did not do anything or change any settings. Hmmmmmmmmmm, strange.
Yes, thats right, the volume control works perfectly, just not as "prettty" since its not HTC Volume control

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinijstn View Post
Help plz. Okay i flashed this rom yesterday, and everything worked perfect until this morning, when i tried setting up my email account and my phone froze, so i soft-reset it, and now it wont boot, it is stuck at the start-up screen.
See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashire View Post
Reply is way late but, thanks for the tips, keyboard works great now, and i dropped the new radio in (was still running stock) and gps works smoothly now.

However i do seem to have one new issue of the phone freezeing and after I end calls. Not 100% on this yet but may be only while phone is connected to usb power. Will post more details if any after a day of use.

Also I'm still interested in having a link to showcase in the bottom menu bar while tf3d is on screen, in the bottom right corner, simular to how htc task manager functioned on 6.1. Going to tf3d, scrolling to programs, running showcase, then selecting the app i want to go to is getting very annoying.
Your welcome, see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutt1113 View Post
what is everyone's comments on the gps on this latest energy photon rom. Is it working right away through google maps or say TomTom without having to run a gps program to open up any ports?
GPS works fine as usual (googgle maps) but at least one person posted issues with TomTom. there appears to be GPS issues, across nultiple ROMs (thread was posted here ealier this AM) Flashing the latest Sprint radio may help if you have problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2307 View Post
rashire.....

It has been mentioned a few times already...but here it is...

in this ROM the Showcase works "EXACTLY" like the HTC task manager...just instead of clicking on the upper right corner to bring the task manager...you click and HOLD on the lower left corner (windows/start logo) and it brings Showcase...you will close any programs like you used to with HTC task manager. SAME amount of clicks.

You will see that it works as good as the way it used to with HTC task manager. and if you hold the CALL key for a fews seconds it bring the windows task manager!!!

try it and tell us what you think.. : -)
This is true for the newest Showcase version, but that is the cause of the freezing issues. Applying the fix in my sig installs an older version of Showcase and puts the controls along the top. Tap Upper Right corner to hit X to close, Tap and slide to the left corner to open Showcase. In touchfloe its just tap the top right corner to open showcase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutt1113 View Post
does anybody know how to get to the task manager in this new rom to go directly to any of multiple programs you have running in background?
Long press Send key.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro