PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

2ktj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 14th ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
i always install this cab here to fix my slide to answer problems, try it and tell me if it fixes your problem

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...6&d=1246340292

Thx, I installed it. I'll have to wait for a call. It always seems to work fine when I try from my landline to test it.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cheezeit is a n00b

Can anybody check for me if the text messaging app is still cut off on the right side? Like when you go to txt messaging in TF3D and tap it, it launches a grey not windows mobile stock messaging app. Is the right side cut off?
Old 07-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP

msreeks is a n00b

First of all I would like to thank for the nice ROM.
I have installed the standard ROM
All the apps are working perfectly fine.
Ever since I installed this ROM my battery life is too short,I lost my battery from 100% to 9% in 6hrs with 2 short phone calls.

Any fix for this short battery life would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTP TP
Carrier: VZW

tlower is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
almost a complete drain in 3 and 1/2 hours...havent used gps or played any videos/music. i honestly think this last replacement tp i got is cursed, good thing another should be getting delivered today to my home
I am on my 4th tp, so I know the feeling...I was only getting a few hours of battery life at first then I started flashing different radios. I am currently using vzw 1.03.09v. Seems to work great for me. Also changed backlight to auto adjust, read email every 15 min instead of 10 min, and I also try to turn the data off when I am not using the phone. Just making changes to these minor things seemed to help a lot. Right now I am at 28% after 16 1/2 hours of normal usage, plugging it in right now. I did not use touch flo today to see if it helped (noticed a little increase in battery life, but not much). Hope yours gets better for you.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro

tj78492 is a n00b
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 63009 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipzmode View Post
Try setting it by going to Start < Utilities < Tweaks < Advanced Config

Once in advanced config, click on Menu (right soft key) < More Settings < Connections

At the bottom check off "Disconnect after" and change to 1 minute. Click OK a couple of times and it will tell you it needs to do a soft reset. That should do it for you.

If you did the reg edit earlier that psyki posted that is supposed to help with phone calls coming through then it WILL disable the auto disconnect just like he warned (I tested it). But going back through advanced config put it back in.
I think this is a change that should be committed to the rom, my only problem with it has been battery life and I noticed my data connection would be active pretty much the whole time my phone was on, hopefully this will help

Last edited by tj78492; 07-20-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:54 PM
I have the WIFI's
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint >>>>>

rezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to rezn
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 63009 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj78492 View Post
I think this is a change that should be committed to the rom, my only problem with it has been battery life and I noticed my data connection would be active pretty much the whole time my phone was on, hopefully this will help
This is not the fix all. The ROM is great how it is, if you seek better battery life than I would suggest searching for all the tweaks that are available. One change can cause collateral conflicts with other applications.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - 6850

Gardoon is keeping up the good workGardoon is keeping up the good work

It's on the TP page, but for those of you like me that rarely leave this thread, there seems to be a new free WiFi router. I don't have time to try it now, but if anyone else does, let us know

Sorry for being a little off-topic, so if you like it, just thank me and / or PM me. If someone finds it to be crap, PM me and I'll edit this post to remove the suggestion

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...99#post4170499

Last edited by Gardoon; 07-21-2009 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Forgot to include the link :)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

awol is a n00b

This is the first ROM I flashed on my new TP.
(Flashed numerous ROMs on my Mogul over the past two years)

After flashing "EnergyROM HERMAN 20090714 Standard", no other apps installed. Did configure 2 email accounts.

Have run across MANY problems:

1. Opera spontaneously exits when visiting several websites that worked FINE on the stock ROM. (nothing else run, same after a soft-reset)
2. Opera gives out of memory errors when visiting other common pages -facebook.com, etc. (nothing else running, same after a soft-reset)
3. Text messaging sucks! Typing opens the phone dialer, unless you are careful to click on the screen in the text box. If you open the keyboard, have to click the screen again, lest you anger the phone and it opens the dialer again! (and rotates the screen to portrait, even though you are in landscape mode)
4. When i replied to a text message, one of my texts showed up in its own new thread for my phone number. (rather than in the thread with the person i was texting)
5. If phone rings while text messaging is open (viewing/responding), screen stayed at text messaging screen, phone screen didnt open. Was able to answer phone by pressing physical button.
6. Text message icon shows (1) new message, even after i deleted ALL text messages - inbox/sent/drafts/etc. Even Menu/Tools/Clear SMS-MMS has no effect.
7. TF3D Calendar not handling repeating events correctly. Always edits the repeating event. Default calendar asks "do you want to edit all occurences... or only this one?" when you edit.
8. After about 2 days, on (the icon page that replaced 6.1's) start menu (not sure what its called now), clicking on another menu, or sliding up/down, it draws the new icons on top of the old ones. All the text and icons are jumbled, written/drawn on top of each other. Only switching landscape/portrait mode refreshes it. Soft-reset doesnt fix. Can post images if requested.

I used several WM6.5beta ROMs on my Mogul, with none of the above issues. Are these unique to this ROM/configuration, or am I in for a big ol' mess with any third party ROMs for my TP?

Awol

Last edited by awol; 07-21-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - 6850

Gardoon is keeping up the good workGardoon is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by awol View Post
This is the first ROM I flashed on my new TP.
(Flashed numerous ROMs on my Mogul over the past two years)

After flashing, no other apps installed. Did configure 2 email accounts.

Have run across MANY problems:

1. Opera spontaneously exits when visiting several websites that worked FINE on the stock ROM. (nothing else run, same after a soft-reset)
2. Opera gives out of memory errors when visiting other common pages -facebook.com, etc. (nothing else running, same after a soft-reset)
3. Text messaging sucks! Typing opens the phone dialer, unless you are careful to click on the screen in the text box. If you open the keyboard, have to click the screen again, less you anger the phone and it opens the dialer again. (and rotates the screen to portrait, even though you are in landscape mode)
4. When i replied to a text message, one of my texts showed up in its own new thread for my phone number. (rather than in the thread with the person i was texting)
5. If phone rings while text messaging is open (viewing/responding), screen stayed at text messaging screen, phone screen didnt open. Was able to answer phone by pressing physical button.
6. Text message icon shows (1) new message, even after i deleted ALL text messages - inbox/sent/drafts/etc. Even Menu/Tools/Clear SMS-MMS has no effect.
7. TF3D Calendar not handling repeating events correctly. Always edits the repeating event. Default calendar asks "do you want to edit all occurences... or only this one?" when you edit.
8. After about 2 days, on (the icon page that replaced 6.1's) start menu (not sure what its called now), clicking on another menu, or sliding up/down, it draws the new icons on top of the old ones. All the text and icons are jumbled, written/drawn on top of each other. Only switching landscape/portrait mode refreshes it. Soft-reset doesnt fix. Can post images if requested.

I used several WM6.5beta ROMs on my Mogul, with none of the above issues. Are these unique to this ROM/configuration, or am I in for a big ol' mess with any third party ROMs for my TP?

Awol
1 - Seems to be a common Opera problem. I don't experience it, but I hear others have. There may be another version to install somewhere? Sorry I don't know.
2 - I haven't heard of this one, but you may want to try other versions of Opera.
3 - Use the fix on post #4 on this thread "2 - For those of you who don't like the TF3D2 messaging"
4 - see 3
5 - see 3
6 - I haven't seen this with the custom ROM, but I used to see it with stock. I can't actually find the settting to reset it on my phone right now, but I know it's in there somewhere. Not terribly relevant because of later suggestions though.
7 - Don't use the TF3D calendar for repeating events. Use the one from Start, System. I *think* this is an issue with all TF3D calendars. I haven't really played with other ROMs recently though. I really doubt it's specific to this ROM though. If you really want to know for sure, try another ROM using the same wimo 21921 build.
8 - This has been traced at least one, if not 2 CABs. The one that sticks out in my head is the background on all tabs CAB. For more details, read the previous 3-5 pages of this thread.

Considering that you're getting a few odd issues, I recommend backing up your data and doing a Wipe Device (check in the box on the screen too) from Start, Settings, System. It's always good to do this after flashing to a new ROM.

Hope this helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Squishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSquishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSquishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSquishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

^^ what he said
d/l: 1293 bps u/l: 293 bps
Simply "Almost" Everything Plan

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro