View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 12:54 AM
awol
Lurker

awol is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 14th ||

This is the first ROM I flashed on my new TP.
(Flashed numerous ROMs on my Mogul over the past two years)

After flashing "EnergyROM HERMAN 20090714 Standard", no other apps installed. Did configure 2 email accounts.

Have run across MANY problems:

1. Opera spontaneously exits when visiting several websites that worked FINE on the stock ROM. (nothing else run, same after a soft-reset)
2. Opera gives out of memory errors when visiting other common pages -facebook.com, etc. (nothing else running, same after a soft-reset)
3. Text messaging sucks! Typing opens the phone dialer, unless you are careful to click on the screen in the text box. If you open the keyboard, have to click the screen again, lest you anger the phone and it opens the dialer again! (and rotates the screen to portrait, even though you are in landscape mode)
4. When i replied to a text message, one of my texts showed up in its own new thread for my phone number. (rather than in the thread with the person i was texting)
5. If phone rings while text messaging is open (viewing/responding), screen stayed at text messaging screen, phone screen didnt open. Was able to answer phone by pressing physical button.
6. Text message icon shows (1) new message, even after i deleted ALL text messages - inbox/sent/drafts/etc. Even Menu/Tools/Clear SMS-MMS has no effect.
7. TF3D Calendar not handling repeating events correctly. Always edits the repeating event. Default calendar asks "do you want to edit all occurences... or only this one?" when you edit.
8. After about 2 days, on (the icon page that replaced 6.1's) start menu (not sure what its called now), clicking on another menu, or sliding up/down, it draws the new icons on top of the old ones. All the text and icons are jumbled, written/drawn on top of each other. Only switching landscape/portrait mode refreshes it. Soft-reset doesnt fix. Can post images if requested.

I used several WM6.5beta ROMs on my Mogul, with none of the above issues. Are these unique to this ROM/configuration, or am I in for a big ol' mess with any third party ROMs for my TP?

Awol

Last edited by awol; 07-21-2009 at 01:20 AM.