Gardoon
PPCGeeks Regular

Gardoon is keeping up the good workGardoon is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 14th ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by awol View Post
This is the first ROM I flashed on my new TP.
(Flashed numerous ROMs on my Mogul over the past two years)

After flashing, no other apps installed. Did configure 2 email accounts.

Have run across MANY problems:

1. Opera spontaneously exits when visiting several websites that worked FINE on the stock ROM. (nothing else run, same after a soft-reset)
2. Opera gives out of memory errors when visiting other common pages -facebook.com, etc. (nothing else running, same after a soft-reset)
3. Text messaging sucks! Typing opens the phone dialer, unless you are careful to click on the screen in the text box. If you open the keyboard, have to click the screen again, less you anger the phone and it opens the dialer again. (and rotates the screen to portrait, even though you are in landscape mode)
4. When i replied to a text message, one of my texts showed up in its own new thread for my phone number. (rather than in the thread with the person i was texting)
5. If phone rings while text messaging is open (viewing/responding), screen stayed at text messaging screen, phone screen didnt open. Was able to answer phone by pressing physical button.
6. Text message icon shows (1) new message, even after i deleted ALL text messages - inbox/sent/drafts/etc. Even Menu/Tools/Clear SMS-MMS has no effect.
7. TF3D Calendar not handling repeating events correctly. Always edits the repeating event. Default calendar asks "do you want to edit all occurences... or only this one?" when you edit.
8. After about 2 days, on (the icon page that replaced 6.1's) start menu (not sure what its called now), clicking on another menu, or sliding up/down, it draws the new icons on top of the old ones. All the text and icons are jumbled, written/drawn on top of each other. Only switching landscape/portrait mode refreshes it. Soft-reset doesnt fix. Can post images if requested.

I used several WM6.5beta ROMs on my Mogul, with none of the above issues. Are these unique to this ROM/configuration, or am I in for a big ol' mess with any third party ROMs for my TP?

Awol
1 - Seems to be a common Opera problem. I don't experience it, but I hear others have. There may be another version to install somewhere? Sorry I don't know.
2 - I haven't heard of this one, but you may want to try other versions of Opera.
3 - Use the fix on post #4 on this thread "2 - For those of you who don't like the TF3D2 messaging"
4 - see 3
5 - see 3
6 - I haven't seen this with the custom ROM, but I used to see it with stock. I can't actually find the settting to reset it on my phone right now, but I know it's in there somewhere. Not terribly relevant because of later suggestions though.
7 - Don't use the TF3D calendar for repeating events. Use the one from Start, System. I *think* this is an issue with all TF3D calendars. I haven't really played with other ROMs recently though. I really doubt it's specific to this ROM though. If you really want to know for sure, try another ROM using the same wimo 21921 build.
8 - This has been traced at least one, if not 2 CABs. The one that sticks out in my head is the background on all tabs CAB. For more details, read the previous 3-5 pages of this thread.

Considering that you're getting a few odd issues, I recommend backing up your data and doing a Wipe Device (check in the box on the screen too) from Start, Settings, System. It's always good to do this after flashing to a new ROM.

Hope this helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.