PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 11:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourborfrombk View Post
im needing the same info my ringtones dont work an i be hating to hear the miss call noise when im waiting on this chick to call me lol!!!!
lol, no I am looking for trouble, where as you already have it !
Old 11-17-2009, 12:10 PM
VIP Member

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Brother if NRG pulled it down, it is down for a reason. He cleaned house a few days back and is more than likely tring to keep the thread a little less confusing. If you want that particular version someone can pm you about how to get it.

@Maxx, I can get it to do it repeatedly by going into the dialer, menu, options, and then tring to change the ringer there. I try to change the ringer to the"glass" and it will throw a corrupt error. It will do it repeatedly then it will be fine, then again corrupt. I have got it to do it by attempting to change using stock rt's, no custom ones. Soft resets sometimes bring it back to life, sometimes turning it all the way off and letting it sit afew minutes bring them back. I can go a few hours with no troubles than randomly it is gone. I have tried about all of the attempts to fix it mentioned in the thread and none have worked. I have not changed dialers however. I like the stock dialer and dialing from contacts tab so I am living with the issue for now. Phone is on vibe 90% of the time anyway. Crazy shizz I tell ya! GOOD LUCK with the testing, I am sure everyone is wishing ya the same! I am still looking into why the heckfire HTC messaging will not pull contact numbers and only email addresses................
I am going to post a cab for you that I am testing to let me know if it works.
Sometimes the answer button is not resized, but it is ringing for me so far.
It may or may not work for you as I need more time.
This is a TEST CAB, for now to see if I can narrow the problem.
EDIT:
soft rest before and after.
To uninstall remember to reset after.
EDIT: more testing needed , my cab cant beat this bug
Gona remove cab as it not working 100%

Last edited by Maxx134; 11-17-2009 at 12:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:16 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
EDIT:
Thanks, I always like being a guinne pig! No prob. I will get it installed and try it. I'll hit ya back in a few.....
Old 11-17-2009, 12:42 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
EDIT:
Ok my internet is acting up and keeps disconnecting here at school.

Anyways.... I ran the cab, I am ringing now BUT as you mentioned the alignment is off. My ansewr slider is gone, looks like it has moved down below the bottom taskbar. I was able to ansewr with the hardkey though. It rang on all attempts so far.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:50 PM
VIP Member

Whotahn
you are prob on a different rom, I am on latest 21864.
The cab has no files, only reg entries enabling some dlls and settings that were used before tachi installation.
Anyway will try again later tonight.
If anyone else wants to try, you can repost if you like but I took down because not 100% effective.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint Sero 500

ssgt_t42 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by b727pilot View Post
Definitely not a ROM issue. Both my phone and my wives phone does the same thing. She has the Touch. I was always wondering why the dang things did that. We would see it on the counter and all of a sudden the screen would come on like it was possessed or something. If anyone has any info/fixes it would be greatly appreciated.

I'll also do some searching and see if I can find anything and report back if I find something. Never really knew someone else was having the same issue. Just thought it was our luck.

-T
It has to be a signal issue that when it goes from EV to 1X or roaming it turns the screen on. I also notice there are times when jets fly by on base that the screen will come on. Does anyone else notice that when you are on the highway the screen will come on maybe do to getting a signal from different towers? Theres got to be some registry edit to keep it off.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:03 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgt_t42 View Post
It has to be a signal issue that when it goes from EV to 1X or roaming it turns the screen on. I also notice there are times when jets fly by on base that the screen will come on. Does anyone else notice that when you are on the highway the screen will come on maybe do to getting a signal from different towers? Theres got to be some registry edit to keep it off.
To Mirror others thoughts: THANK YOU for all your service in the real world away from us ppcgeeks! It is much appreciated!

On your issue.....have never had anything like that happen. On stock ROM my unit would come on a minute or two before a text or email came through, even after tweaking it to stay off in those occurances didn't work. I have had no issues with it coming on when a message is recieved (or just randomly or when going in and out of 1x, ev and roaming) since flashing enrgyROM in July.....nor have I had it with any other custom ROM I have flashed in between.....Weird deal bro.....keep us posted.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

yourborfrombk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Ok my internet is acting up and keeps disconnecting here at school.

Anyways.... I ran the cab, I am ringing now BUT as you mentioned the alignment is off. My ansewr slider is gone, looks like it has moved down below the bottom taskbar. I was able to ansewr with the hardkey though. It rang on all attempts so far.
thats how my dial pad was in the 21864 rom i was ok with that could i get that untill another rom come out lol?
Old 11-17-2009, 01:10 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Quote:
Whotahn
you are prob on a different rom, I am on latest 21864.
The cab has no files, only reg entries enabling some dlls and settings that were used before tachi installation.
Anyway will try again later tonight.
If anyone else wants to try, you can repost if you like but I took down because not 100% effective.
I am on 14nov23088...I can flash over to the 21864 if need be for your testing. I am a flash junk as most of us NRG addicts are....our dealer spoils us.......

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help! Looks like you are on track! Iam gonna leave it installed and just ansewr with hard key...At least now I can hear the call coming in!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:11 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgt_t42 View Post
The device will wake up when it picks up a new tower signal. Mine does it at the same point on 495 everyday...has for years. I think my Mogul did the same. I'm not aware of a "fix".

Users that see this type of behavior, like when you're in a bad signal area, might also notice a significant battery drain. This is the case for me when I travel to NY to visit family. My device turns on and off looking for a solid signal...and the battery goes to the dumper.

EDIT: I have not really tested changing radios in this environment to see if helps, but would suggest that to folks who are experiencing this frequently. ...I may do it when I travel home for the holiday to see whats up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro