View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 01:11 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgt_t42 View Post
It has to be a signal issue that when it goes from EV to 1X or roaming it turns the screen on. I also notice there are times when jets fly by on base that the screen will come on. Does anyone else notice that when you are on the highway the screen will come on maybe do to getting a signal from different towers? Theres got to be some registry edit to keep it off.
The device will wake up when it picks up a new tower signal. Mine does it at the same point on 495 everyday...has for years. I think my Mogul did the same. I'm not aware of a "fix".

Users that see this type of behavior, like when you're in a bad signal area, might also notice a significant battery drain. This is the case for me when I travel to NY to visit family. My device turns on and off looking for a solid signal...and the battery goes to the dumper.

EDIT: I have not really tested changing radios in this environment to see if helps, but would suggest that to folks who are experiencing this frequently. ...I may do it when I travel home for the holiday to see whats up.