PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 08:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
Usually 32KB is best. Sometimes the microcontroller in the card is optimized for burst performance at a certain block size and if you deviate, the performance decreases. I've seen this happen when the card was optimized for 32KB but a reformat changed the block size to 4KB. You could always test the card by copying a large file before and after reformat. If performance is close to what you expect you are fine.

I don't believe the bootloader cares about your block size. I have mine set at 32KB.
Thanks for your quick response. The default value popping up was 4KB and wanted to be sure while I was doing it. Thanks again.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Usually 32KB is best. Sometimes the microcontroller in the card is optimized for burst performance at a certain block size and if you deviate, the performance decreases. I've seen this happen when the card was optimized for 32KB but a reformat changed the block size to 4KB. You could always test the card by copying a large file before and after reformat. If performance is close to what you expect you are fine.

I don't believe the bootloader cares about your block size. I have mine set at 32KB.
hmmm, windows could not complete the format @ 32KB... ive done it 4 times successfully @ 4KB...not sure what the prob is...
Old 11-18-2009, 09:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2

sha04 is a n00b

just so everyone knows I am on NOV 14 2.5 rom and I was missing all of my calls and i changed my ringer to vibrate then ring and havent missed a call since.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:21 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sha04 View Post
just so everyone knows I am on NOV 14 2.5 rom and I was missing all of my calls and i changed my ringer to vibrate then ring and havent missed a call since.
Thanks for the info bro. I can't remember if anyone has said that or not with all the little attempted fixes over the last week and a half. Did you try any of the other fixes first?

I am running maxxs test cab with no issues other than the incoming call screen being slightly off on my 14nov 23088 2.5. BUT I can ansewr the phone, and I have heard the ringer everytime so I am cool for now. I will look at that when I next hard reset......I am about due!
Old 11-18-2009, 10:35 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGN View Post
Well, over the past 2 days (shortly after upgrading from Oct 25th, which is no longer up, but may be hidden away on my PC somewhere) my Touch Pro freezes at the main screen (where it says Touch pro and the Red Rom Info). Is it a Bad flash because this has happened for the fourth time (it happens like 4-5 soft resets after I hard reset it and install all my old apps). I though it was Sprite Backup messing it up before (since I switched from 23xxx to 21xxx for manila 2.5 and they were different "versions" and I figured some files where overwriting)so I JUST did e-mail and PIM for the most recent flash (so I don't think it's files overwriting each other anymore) but now I'm getting the same problem again. I tried taking out the battery, but that didn't help. The only thing that works is re-flashing the ROM (which is extremely annoying since I'm in class for 5-6 hours at a time or doing things on a 1 hour bus ride on my phone where reflashing can't be done easily, if at all).

It's come down to me being too tired to re-flash it and HOPE that it doesn't happen, or someone here could point me in the right direction (since I don't see anything in the past page or two about this happening to anyone else). So yeah, I'll have an hour or two in the morning before I have to start using my phone again (after I wake up) so hopefully someone can have figured this out by then.
I would def reccomend doing the full flash dance with an extra soft reset at the end. Start over from scratch clear the system, douche the device if you will. That will give you the best flash with out little hiccups. Yours sounds like a typical bad flash in which some files got jumbled.

Another thing bro, an hour bus ride is two times more time than ya need to do the whole flash dance and start the sashimi to running, by the time your driver throws ya off you will be rockin again. GO HERE http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333 to get the full how-to on flashing from the SD bro, and you won't be bound to a computer! I do alot of my flashing at the store, in the car ( I wait till a light to align the screen fellas relax), in class if it is a lab (so the flashscreen jingle won't get ya looked at or time it right!). I flash everything from SD, I just rename each .nbh with a date inserted like, nov14RAPHIMG.nbh, when I transfer it to the root to flash I rename it , flash it, rename it and move it out of the root. That simple and you can do it whenever, just make sure you got plenty of battery before starting the dance....

Stay NRGized.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

hotwired34 is just getting started

I have a question about the on screen keyboard and ringer settings. I have searched this forum for the answer, but with over 1800 pages, I might have missed it.
I like my ringer to be Vibrate and Ring and I like to use the Finger Keyboard. Every time I reset my phone (soft reset), the ringer style changes back to just ring and the keyboard changes back to the default HTC Touch keyboard. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening and how I can make these changes stick beyond a soft reset?

Thanks.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

alexpatcas is keeping up the good workalexpatcas is keeping up the good work

What do i need to do to make Opera 10 open from the internet tab in the manila 2.1 version?

Thx in advance.

http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...m_Offical_WiKi

Old 11-18-2009, 11:42 AM
VIP Member

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:

About the block size...A larger block size will limit your actual storage capacity on the card but can increase performance. If you set it to 32kB blocks then every file, say a 1kB file will take up 32kB. Waste of space IMHO. The recommended starting size for a FAT32 disk is 4kB. The maximum is 32kB. I would guess that unless you are installing a very disk intensive program to your card; or are constantly transferring large files back and forth to the card a smaller block size would be better.
Just my 2C
Old 11-18-2009, 11:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
Belive me I tested with tachi and Rhodium and work perfect.
Yes, thats a good kitchen but just proves its a kitchen configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
@ winmo and maxxI managed to failed the ringer again after playing and chaning my ringtones back and forth. This is disappointing, and on top of the misaligned dialer......... I think I'll just go back to the touchy default and pray for the best for the time beingGood work though maxx, keep it up.
This rom does not hav many ringers so I would check If I need to install for any contacts assigned to one.
Also Try reinstalation with the dialer with cab & soft reset.
Also try that other trick just posted by "sha4" of changing ringer to Vibe first, then ring. Didn try it as my phone is running well without resize issues, prob because I installed the tachi posted with the cab.

Also, I had resize issue with older 2.1manilla & 21864rom, but worked without the extra install of Tachi.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

asuh is just getting started

I've seen the talk about Google Maps giving us trouble on this ROM. I'm experiencing the same problem where My Location sucks. Before I switched to this ROM, Google Maps worked wonderfully most of the time.

I haven't seen any one answer that worked for this problem. Can someone please summarize if there's a fix so that Google Maps will be come more useful?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro