View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Whotahn
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGN View Post
Well, over the past 2 days (shortly after upgrading from Oct 25th, which is no longer up, but may be hidden away on my PC somewhere) my Touch Pro freezes at the main screen (where it says Touch pro and the Red Rom Info). Is it a Bad flash because this has happened for the fourth time (it happens like 4-5 soft resets after I hard reset it and install all my old apps). I though it was Sprite Backup messing it up before (since I switched from 23xxx to 21xxx for manila 2.5 and they were different "versions" and I figured some files where overwriting)so I JUST did e-mail and PIM for the most recent flash (so I don't think it's files overwriting each other anymore) but now I'm getting the same problem again. I tried taking out the battery, but that didn't help. The only thing that works is re-flashing the ROM (which is extremely annoying since I'm in class for 5-6 hours at a time or doing things on a 1 hour bus ride on my phone where reflashing can't be done easily, if at all).

It's come down to me being too tired to re-flash it and HOPE that it doesn't happen, or someone here could point me in the right direction (since I don't see anything in the past page or two about this happening to anyone else). So yeah, I'll have an hour or two in the morning before I have to start using my phone again (after I wake up) so hopefully someone can have figured this out by then.
I would def reccomend doing the full flash dance with an extra soft reset at the end. Start over from scratch clear the system, douche the device if you will. That will give you the best flash with out little hiccups. Yours sounds like a typical bad flash in which some files got jumbled.

Another thing bro, an hour bus ride is two times more time than ya need to do the whole flash dance and start the sashimi to running, by the time your driver throws ya off you will be rockin again. GO HERE http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333 to get the full how-to on flashing from the SD bro, and you won't be bound to a computer! I do alot of my flashing at the store, in the car ( I wait till a light to align the screen fellas relax), in class if it is a lab (so the flashscreen jingle won't get ya looked at or time it right!). I flash everything from SD, I just rename each .nbh with a date inserted like, nov14RAPHIMG.nbh, when I transfer it to the root to flash I rename it , flash it, rename it and move it out of the root. That simple and you can do it whenever, just make sure you got plenty of battery before starting the dance....

Stay NRGized.
This post has been thanked 1 times.