PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Curve 9330
Carrier: Sprint

oarenj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
This SHOULD work. Couple of questions-How are you entering bootloader (hold power, volume down, push reset with stylus)?
You could try flashing without your SD card in, in case something on there is throwing off the process. Also try a different stock ROM.
I'm by no means an expert, just read a lot. Sounds like a bad flash of Energy but usually the flash to stock takes care of it. Have patience, maybe someone smarter than me can chime in.
Got it now, I had to yank my SD card, for some reason it wasnt going into bootloader with it
Old 09-12-2009, 11:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Ok hours several hours later and my data is still shutting off every minute or so when idle. I am going to leave it like this and check on the tbattery numbers as ahuskins mentioned just for shiggles and giggles. My question is how do I reset the registry since I have already deleted the cab? Good old hard reset to be sure or which entry do I need to edit? Also, couldn't the battery numbers be affected also by radio?? i.e I roam ALOT with my current radio, even around home so I am sure the constant searching for signal is also affecting my drain significantly.

I fully appreciate what ahuskins figured out. I kept thinking last night that my battery was draining faster as I surfed the net and the data kept connecting and disconnecting. Wasn't smart enough to check the fantstic battery ap NRG gave us to use! But as I mentioned my signal strength at home is about 1 bar, 2 tops, sometimes none so I am not sure if that could also affect anything. I'm so glad he figured this issue out I am ready to bury it with AVG or whatever the heck it is!

Anyways THANKS to ahuskins, great find!!! D>
Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
There are a few ways to edit the reg. For this one I'd use Registry Editor under Start>Utilites>Tweaks. Follow the path down to the value you want to change. Make sure you're schooled in Reg edits, you dont wanna mess things up in there.
Edit:
HKLM>Comm>ConnMgr/Planner/Settings/suspendresume
The edits made with this program seem to stick but just to be sure wait a few and soft reset.
Hey guys, thanks for the thanks! Some notes to all:
Setting the SuspendResume Dword to "~GPRS!" worked for a while, not effecting the Tachi Dialer but ultimately it will start having a hard time answering calls. It did for me during testing.
To fix just set the SuspendResume to "#777".
Once again, the idle data connection draws no current so, everyone just set that reg to #777 and be done with it.
As for those of you who have low signal reception much of the time; The radio searching for better signal WILL increase your current draw, but it's NOT the data connection. Don't know if there is anything that can be done to reduce this but it's worth investigation.
Good morning!

Edit: On the signal strength front. Do any of you who experience this have roaming enabled? My thoughts are that if your plan has free roaming and you can get a better signal doing so, why not try it? I guess this is all you coud do if you have tried a different radio. Which for many has produced better results.

Last edited by ahuskins; 09-12-2009 at 12:04 PM. Reason: New thoughts.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:08 PM
VIP Member

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Whotahn - What is your idle current draw using tbattery? Remember let everything settle down a bit. Three bars here and mine is around 57mAmps.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Hey guys, thanks for the thanks! Some notes to all:
Setting the SuspendResume Dword to "~GPRS!" worked for a while, not effecting the Tachi Dialer but ultimately it will start having a hard time answering calls. It did for me during testing.
To fix just set the SuspendResume to "#777".
Once again, the idle data connection draws no current so, everyone just set that reg to #777 and be done with it.
As for those of you who have low signal reception much of the time; The radio searching for better signal WILL increase your current draw, but it's NOT the data connection. Don't know if there is anything that can be done to reduce this but it's worth investigation.
Good morning!

Edit: On the signal strength front. Do any of you who experience this have roaming enabled? My thoughts are that if your plan has free roaming and you can get a better signal doing so, why not try it? I guess this is all you coud do if you have tried a different radio. Which for many has produced better results.
I got left out on page 1043 ..lol...
Old 09-12-2009, 12:31 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purian23 View Post
I got left out on page 1043 ..lol...
Total oversight on my part.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Total oversight on my part.
LOL.. I forgive you !
Old 09-12-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Super EVO 4G

goldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to goldgrillshinin

This is my 3rd time posting this question.. So hopefully 3 times a charm. I finally decided to update form 9/5 to 9/6.. All is good with mine except one thing.. When I try to enable WiFi Internet Sharing to connect my PC to the phone as a WiFi hotspot its says "Not Connected". Then a window pops up and says " There is no available Internet Connection. Do you want to set up the internet connection? I didnt have to do this with 9/5.. Anyone know how to set this up? Or what settings I should put in. In 9/5 Rom it would start broadcasting as soon as I hit start...
Old 09-12-2009, 02:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel---->VZW

jkcsho is just getting started
Question Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

hey all! kinda new at working on phone software. im running 906 and love it. my problem is that i cant get my gps to work. and for some reason my program memory stays full all the time(between 75% and 95%). and has since i got the phone new. its the vx6850. thanks.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:20 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
man, I totally disagree with that. I think EZinput is WAY better than those dinky tiny full qwerty buttons on FKB.

I think FKB looks awesome, but for useability I give it a zero.........

I use Touchpal myself, which IMHO is far & away the best SIP available once you use it for a few weeks & learn all the ins/outs of that system...

~John
FKB works great for me.
EZinput 2.1 is great too.

Never heard of Touchpal but I am downloading it as I type.
Looks good and will post back what I think about it.

Thanks.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgrillshinin View Post
This is my 3rd time posting this question.. So hopefully 3 times a charm. I finally decided to update form 9/5 to 9/6.. All is good with mine except one thing.. When I try to enable WiFi Internet Sharing to connect my PC to the phone as a WiFi hotspot its says "Not Connected". Then a window pops up and says " There is no available Internet Connection. Do you want to set up the internet connection? I didnt have to do this with 9/5.. Anyone know how to set this up? Or what settings I should put in. In 9/5 Rom it would start broadcasting as soon as I hit start...
Most likely the reason you haven't gotten a response is that no one has had your issue occur.
I will try though...first a few questions.
1. Do you have any issue connecting to the internet via wifi on your phone?
2. This is most likely your problem but need to know anyway. What is your connection to the internet called? I.e. "Internet", "Network" or something else? You can find this by doing the following: Start > Settings > Connections > Connections > Advanced Tab > Select Networks. What is selected in the first drop down box?

We'll start there while I do some research.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro