PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 02:22 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.a View Post
Thanks! that was quick and painless.
No prob! If you've ever noticed Messaging popping up after a soft reset, having that box checked will take care of that too. Dont know why, just does.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:22 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Do you have the box checked that says Display account picker when opening messaging? If not, it's under Tools>Options for any mail account.
Thanks winmo
I always check that box on first install and never thought about it.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:23 AM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
No prob! If you've ever noticed Messaging popping up after a soft reset, having that box checked will take care of that too. Dont know why, just does.
That is the reason I always check it.
Never thought about it effecting the keyboard. :/
Old 09-12-2009, 02:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

ACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
i have tried and tried, and for some reason, can't get the titanium weather to work.
i've installed different versions and followed the link on pg1 from here, and still nothing. i can see that it's loaded through chome editor, but it's not showing up in the home view in titanium. i'm using the sept6 titanium build.
any suggestions?

thanks.
Try uninstalling any weather cabs you installed and install this.
Attached Files
File Type: cab ShowacoTitaniumWx_v4.2_wep.cab (2.92 MB, 22 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Sure did.
I am staying with my beloved Touch Pro. LOL
The Touch pro 2 has no physical flash for the camera at all.
Dude, the Camera is way better on the TP2, even without the light. I love my TP2, the screen and sound is amazing.

And for peets sake!! Stop using Windows you all and you wont have any problem with something saying you have a trojan, and flash from SD and be done with it. I mean really, how many trojans have you ever seen on a mobile PDA/Phone.

/me thinks it's getting very repetitive in here because lots of folks got a TP2....slowly dying...but I do still have two TP, so I will keep flashing as long as there is something to flash!

Old 09-12-2009, 04:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Herman (Touch Pro)
Carrier: Verizon

adipose is just getting started

For those who have trouble with the TXT and E-mail buttons not working, there is a cab out there, but I have the registry entries that I am using. This also fixes the send key to bring up voice recognition, like stock does (otherwise you will have to set these keys every time you flash):

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C6]
@="\"\\windows\\voicecmd.exe\" -ptt"
"Flags"=dword:00000000
"WndCls"=""
"BtnWnd"=dword:00000000
"Name"="Send (Hold)"
"ResetCmd"="\"\\windows\\voicecmd.exe\" -ptt"
"Icon"="\\Windows\\voicecmd.exe,-0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C8]
"BtnWnd"=dword:7c07fd00
"Icon"="\\Windows\\tmail.exe,-0"
"ResetCmd"="\\Windows\\Messaging.lnk"
"WndCls"="Inbox.MainWnd"
@="\\Windows\\Messaging.lnk"
"Name"="Messaging"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C9]
"Icon"="\\Windows\\tmail.exe,-0"
"ResetCmd"="\\Windows\\AppButtons\\SMS.lnk"
@="\\Windows\\AppButtons\\SMS.lnk"
"BtnWnd"=dword:7c08ffc0
"WndCls"="Inbox.MainWnd"
"Name"="SMS"
I also made it so they had the right icons, just for fun...but there are probably better icon choices if you care about that.

-Dan
Old 09-12-2009, 06:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
OK, What I found was a different reg entry that gives the state of the data connection. I started to write a mortscript file to check that registry key and make a change to it based on timing. However, while doing so I thought of doing some more investigating.
The WHOLE reason for doing this is to save battery life. Well, as it turns out this logic is errant. The data connection while dormant draws NO current. We all have a little program on our phone because NRG was smart enough to cook it in. So, everyone can test for themselves.
Start tBattery, you'll find it in Start > Utilities. If your data connection is active let everything settle down after starting the program and check your current value. Mine settled down to 57. I can only assume that is 57 mVolts. Now disable your data connection by long pressing the end key and selecting "Terminate Data Connection". This is the same as turning it of using the Comm Manager. Now go back to tBattery and let everything settle down. Check your current value. Mine settled to the same 57mVolts.
Check around on the web and found info to confirm. So, terminating your data connection just to save battery isn't needed. In fact the termination and re-establishing the data connection drains MORE mAmps from your battery.
So there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Also, it's interesting and good validation for a little program which we have discussed in detail here call Lumos. Watch you mAmps (Current) when your backlight adjusts down using Lumos. It more than cuts my idle amp draw in HALF!
Everyone be sure to thank Ahuskins for this find and investment work, good job dude, Im on my Tp2 now but this is good to know, I've never worried too much about killing the program, but I constantly am using data for work, but as for everyone else, this is a huge gripe and they all should be relieved now.! You keep contributing great stuff.!!
Old 09-12-2009, 07:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ulysses is keeping up the good workulysses is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACoolGuy View Post
Try uninstalling any weather cabs you installed and install this.

thank you..... very much..

-u
Old 09-12-2009, 08:52 AM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
Dude, the Camera is way better on the TP2, even without the light. I love my TP2, the screen and sound is amazing.

And for peets sake!! Stop using Windows you all and you wont have any problem with something saying you have a trojan, and flash from SD and be done with it. I mean really, how many trojans have you ever seen on a mobile PDA/Phone.

/me thinks it's getting very repetitive in here because lots of folks got a TP2....slowly dying...but I do still have two TP, so I will keep flashing as long as there is something to flash!
What is better about it?
Thought it was the same 3.2 mega pixel camera just with out the flash.
That huge speaker probably took up all the room back there. LOL
Old 09-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Curve 9330

oarenj is a n00b

Big problems with the Energy Rom, Pretty sure I have a brick now. The battery died so the phone had to reboot well it restarted the setup and then kept installng 1 cab loop then it rebooted. Now it just sits on the Touchpro screen, been there efor 3 hours now.

Anything I can do now? Or is this the end?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro