View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 06:53 AM
purian23
VIP Member

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
OK, What I found was a different reg entry that gives the state of the data connection. I started to write a mortscript file to check that registry key and make a change to it based on timing. However, while doing so I thought of doing some more investigating.
The WHOLE reason for doing this is to save battery life. Well, as it turns out this logic is errant. The data connection while dormant draws NO current. We all have a little program on our phone because NRG was smart enough to cook it in. So, everyone can test for themselves.
Start tBattery, you'll find it in Start > Utilities. If your data connection is active let everything settle down after starting the program and check your current value. Mine settled down to 57. I can only assume that is 57 mVolts. Now disable your data connection by long pressing the end key and selecting "Terminate Data Connection". This is the same as turning it of using the Comm Manager. Now go back to tBattery and let everything settle down. Check your current value. Mine settled to the same 57mVolts.
Check around on the web and found info to confirm. So, terminating your data connection just to save battery isn't needed. In fact the termination and re-establishing the data connection drains MORE mAmps from your battery.
So there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Also, it's interesting and good validation for a little program which we have discussed in detail here call Lumos. Watch you mAmps (Current) when your backlight adjusts down using Lumos. It more than cuts my idle amp draw in HALF!
Everyone be sure to thank Ahuskins for this find and investment work, good job dude, Im on my Tp2 now but this is good to know, I've never worried too much about killing the program, but I constantly am using data for work, but as for everyone else, this is a huge gripe and they all should be relieved now.! You keep contributing great stuff.!!