PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 12:21 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.a View Post
this fixed the text button but the mail button still doesn't work. any ideas?
Did you install version 2 of the keyboard fix? ( J.eremy - Keyboard Fix V2.cab )
My mail key works perfectly.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

mthieman is keeping up the good workmthieman is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I agree Maxx after looking into Spb Backup more in detail.
It should work great for backup and restore on the same rom but not upgrading roms or changing.
Hey root, I use Spb all the time before a flash to backup my texts, email accounts and call log. I just do a custom backup and backup just those things. I never have to wait for the texts to "re-thread" when I restore like with PIM backup. I also backup my stocks database for some reason even though I only have one stock. There are some cool settings to schedule backups to ftp and stuff, but I've never used them.

Honestly, the main reason I bought Sprite was because it came bundled with Sprite Terminator which is a cool program if you loose your phone.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:27 AM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthieman View Post
Hey root, I use Spb all the time before a flash to backup my texts, email accounts and call log. I just do a custom backup and backup just those things. I never have to wait for the texts to "re-thread" when I restore like with PIM backup. I also backup my stocks database for some reason even though I only have one stock. There are some cool settings to schedule backups to ftp and stuff, but I've never used them.

Honestly, the main reason I bought Sprite was because it came bundled with Sprite Terminator which is a cool program if you loose your phone.
That is good.
Just wouldn't recommend a full backup to anything other than the same rom.

Will look at Sprite Terminator and see what is up.
Thanks for the tip.

Edit: Installed it and partnered another device and sent the gps code but so far the other device has not received my location.
How long should it take?

Last edited by rootlinux; 09-12-2009 at 01:29 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ulysses is keeping up the good workulysses is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ulysses

i have tried and tried, and for some reason, can't get the titanium weather to work.
i've installed different versions and followed the link on pg1 from here, and still nothing. i can see that it's loaded through chome editor, but it's not showing up in the home view in titanium. i'm using the sept6 titanium build.
any suggestions?

thanks.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Did you install version 2 of the keyboard fix? ( J.eremy - Keyboard Fix V2.cab )
My mail key works perfectly.
i have V2 and both buttons open SMS/MMS. shouldn't the mail button open to a page with all the different mail accounts?

Old 09-12-2009, 01:50 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
i have V2 and both buttons open SMS/MMS. shouldn't the mail button open to a page with all the different mail accounts?
Do you have the box checked that says Display account picker when opening messaging? If not, it's under Tools>Options for any mail account.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

mthieman is keeping up the good workmthieman is keeping up the good work

Quote:
That is good.
Edit: Installed it and partnered another device and sent the gps code but so far the other device has not received my location.
How long should it take?
Hmm...on stock it only took about 30 seconds to reply. I just tried it and it doesn't work on NRG. Oh well, it was bought and paid for awhile ago. I bet it's a 6.1 vs 6.5 issue...
Old 09-12-2009, 02:16 AM
The Rootinator

Quote:
TXT should go right to the SMS MMS window and the Mail key should open your mail accounts window.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thumbs up Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Do you have the box checked that says Display account picker when opening messaging? If not, it's under Tools>Options for any mail account.
Thanks! that was quick and painless.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:20 AM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthieman View Post
Hmm...on stock it only took about 30 seconds to reply. I just tried it and it doesn't work on NRG. Oh well, it was bought and paid for awhile ago. I bet it's a 6.1 vs 6.5 issue...
Wonder why it doesn't work.
It appears to work but it doesn't respond to the other device.
SMS comes in but the app either doesn't see it or doesn't respond.
Could be that we use a diff Arcsoft SMS MMS than stock.

Might be a fix for this but I will have to inspect it later.

Thanks for the reply.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro