PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

flashing 28008 2.5 now... will post any issues...
Old 12-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

cadrion is a n00b
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Hi guys....sort of new to these forums....gotta say I'm really impressed with the work you guys put into it all...roms, support...everything....it's really cool. I've got a TP and after being rather unsatisfied with the stock rom Ilve tried a few out...I dig the energy rom the most...quie a piece of work. I have a question about it- I like using the nuber pad text input on the screen, it doesn't look like it's availible in the rom, only the full kb is. My question is am I over looking it or is there a way to add it? Thanks.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint

bog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good work

htc sense seems to be much more responsive i like it
Old 12-03-2009, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE

dthames is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican2302 View Post
OMFG NO!

I just got this as a replacement from my insurance
Its definitely your screen going bad, had it happen to me on two different tps already. If you take it into a repair center they can just put on a new screen if they have it available.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sirrion is a n00b

Hello.

I'm having an issue with both Standard versions of 21877 with device encryption (forced by company policy). To clarify, SD card encryption is not enabled, only the device itself. The filesystem on the phone becomes corrupt, preventing a proper shutdown (the slide2shutdown app breaks) as well as completely preventing a restart without reflashing. The flash corruption is visible from total commander or file explorer... the \ directory, and everything under it with the notable exception of "Storage Card" and it's subs, is complete unintelligible garbage that the system cannot recognize.

After 5 separate flash attempts each ending the same way, this is the chain of events:
1) Flash phone (from SD)
2) Phone completes post install.
3) Phone works.
4) Install corporate cert.
5) Sync phone to E2k7 server OTA.
6) ActiveSync policy enforces phone.
7) Password updated.
Initial synchronization completes.
9) Phone still works.
10) Soft-reset phone.
11) Device encryption state updates (integrated storage flash is encrypted).
12) Device finishes booting, everything works.
13) Do a few more reboots, everything works.
14) Don't touch the phone for few hours (2-4 hours).
15) Return to a broken phone that can send and receive calls but cannot access contacts so the phone can't match the numbers up to existing contacts, all mail / text / sync functionality is broken. Filesystem is visibly fraked when inspected from the filesystem browser.
16) Attempt to soft-reset, softreset app fails to launch with error.
17) Remove battery.
1 Insert battery and turn phone on.
19) Phone hangs at bootloader indefinitely.
20) Goto 1.

I've never had a problem with anything like this with custom ROMs before. I tried EnergyROM after Juicy abandoned us Touch Pro peoples. From what I've seen of EnergyROM, it's outstanding and significantly better than Juicy... with the exception of the whole filesystem corruption after a couple of hours problem I'm having. I flashed back to Juicy 8 090723H which I'd been using for several months without significant issue... I know where the minor bugs are by now and how to deal with them. I'd really like to move to EnergyROM though if someone can help me work this corruption problem out.

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:31 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdafreund View Post
Yeah, i just saw the 28008 Dec.2 posted, which no doubt will be my new default, but am still waiting to try the M2.5 to see how things are going. More and more we're steering away from the "Not for everyday use" as newer version's come out. The 28006 was a lot faster and better then earlier versions, granted the MMS was quirky for me. And after 2 days the whole rom somehow got corrupted, and no links worked anymore in my favorite's links on home tab, and adding any only showed 4 total in the list. Reinstalling wouldn't help either, since most were all the ones cooked in to the ROM. And a hard reset just froze it indefinitely at the 'TOUCH PRO' screen with red text into at the bottom. Never had that happen before, but it did nevertheless.
But that's beyond the normal to have happened. Still looking forward to trying 28008 M2.5 and see how it runs, and MMS.
This happened to me on another ROM once...I woke up and the phone was cracked out...nothing worked, tons of errors. Soft reset forced a hard reset, but the ROM files wouldn't reload...I needed to completely reflash. It was super odd. Gremlins, man...gremlins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thematrixkid17 View Post
Sorry for my string of posts here, but I'd also like to note that it seems for me that the Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2 doesn't have an effect in the Dec 2, 21877 build. Not that this is too much of a problem now that HTC messaging seems to work alright. Although, I'm not getting landscape to work (as expected).
It shouldn't work now that we have the "2.1" manila texting application installed. The disable cab is to knock out HTC 2.5 Manila texting which is now disbaled. ...and yes, it's known that this port of the 2.1 texting app is not complete and therefore landscape can be tricky.

This is quite an improvement from where we were with texting a couple of weeks ago. It will only improve.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:35 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrion View Post
Hello.

I'm having an issue with both Standard versions of 21877 with device encryption (forced by company policy). To clarify, SD card encryption is not enabled, only the device itself. The filesystem on the phone becomes corrupt, preventing a proper shutdown (the slide2shutdown app breaks) as well as completely preventing a restart without reflashing. The flash corruption is visible from total commander or file explorer... the \ directory, and everything under it with the notable exception of "Storage Card" and it's subs, is complete unintelligible garbage that the system cannot recognize.

After 5 separate flash attempts each ending the same way, this is the chain of events:
1) Flash phone (from SD)
2) Phone completes post install.
3) Phone works.
4) Install corporate cert.
5) Sync phone to E2k7 server OTA.
6) ActiveSync policy enforces phone.
7) Password updated.
Initial synchronization completes.
9) Phone still works.
10) Soft-reset phone.
11) Device encryption state updates (integrated storage flash is encrypted).
12) Device finishes booting, everything works.
13) Do a few more reboots, everything works.
14) Don't touch the phone for few hours (2-4 hours).
15) Return to a broken phone that can send and receive calls but cannot access contacts so the phone can't match the numbers up to existing contacts, all mail / text / sync functionality is broken. Filesystem is visibly fraked when inspected from the filesystem browser.
16) Attempt to soft-reset, softreset app fails to launch with error.
17) Remove battery.
1 Insert battery and turn phone on.
19) Phone hangs at bootloader indefinitely.
20) Goto 1.

I've never had a problem with anything like this with custom ROMs before. I tried EnergyROM after Juicy abandoned us Touch Pro peoples. From what I've seen of EnergyROM, it's outstanding and significantly better than Juicy... with the exception of the whole filesystem corruption after a couple of hours problem I'm having. I flashed back to Juicy 8 090723H which I'd been using for several months without significant issue... I know where the minor bugs are by now and how to deal with them. I'd really like to move to EnergyROM though if someone can help me work this corruption problem out.

Thanks!
You might try flashing to a stock rom, hard reset, flash back to NRG ROM, hard reset...see if that helps any. This *could* be a bad flash...or it is, as you said, the device encryption that's screwing things up.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE

dthames is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
This happened to me on another ROM once...I woke up and the phone was cracked out...nothing worked, tons of errors. Soft reset forced a hard reset, but the ROM files wouldn't reload...I needed to completely reflash. It was super odd. Gremlins, man...gremlins.

It shouldn't work now that we have the "2.1" manila texting application installed. The disable cab is to knock out HTC 2.5 Manila texting which is now disbaled. ...and yes, it's known that this port of the 2.1 texting app is not complete and therefore landscape can be tricky.

This is quite an improvement from where we were with texting a couple of weeks ago. It will only improve.

So is there a way to disable this port of2.1 and be able to use the zenyee cab to make sure landscape texting works like normal?
Old 12-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm currently in the process of downloading 28008 std m2.5 and was wondering if I was reading this correctly. Are people stating that that the messaging is not the same as the the version that was in 28005 std m2.5? Also to those that have flashed this version already are the issues with the calendar being cut off at the bottom corrected?
Old 12-03-2009, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin_diva400 is just getting started

I'm on the 28008 2.5 build and can't send text messages, but can receive them just fine. My calendar is fine, though this little arrow up top is annoying as hell!

Edit: Also, landscape works when you start a new message, but if you wanted to use landscape while in your contacts, no dice =/

Last edited by blazin_diva400; 12-03-2009 at 10:10 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro