PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 02:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Also, which internet sharing program are you using?
Old 09-12-2009, 02:36 PM
VIP Member

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcsho View Post
hey all! kinda new at working on phone software. im running 906 and love it. my problem is that i cant get my gps to work. and for some reason my program memory stays full all the time(between 75% and 95%). and has since i got the phone new. its the vx6850. thanks.
Those numbers are not uncommon on Verizon phones. I think, but am not sure that Verizon TP2's are GPS limited to only work with their GPS software. I am on Sprint and program memory even AFTER all my customization and programs added is at like 50%.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel---->VZW

jkcsho is just getting started

do u no of a fix for the gps? there has 2 b some wa to trick it n 2 thinkin its the same software.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

erkme73 is just getting started

@root @ahuskins...

Since flashing to the shipped rom yesterday afternoon resulted in no further auto HR, I added apps. By the end of the night, no HR. So I flashed to the 8/11 NRG Rom (not the 9/5 that you guys provided). Been running strong all day. There must be something in the 9/5 that my phone just doesn't like.

For now, all is well and I'll just wait for the next release (plus a few days comments) to upgrade.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:42 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Tying TouchPal right now it seems ok.
Take getting use to.
Doesn't seem as fast as my fkb but I am not used to it.
Doesn't match my device theme like fkb.
Does this support themes?
Old 09-12-2009, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Super EVO 4G

goldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to goldgrillshinin

I can connect to Wifi with no problem. And "Sprint is selected in the drop down box.. I am using the program that is in Utilities called "WiFi internet Sharing", its called Wi-Fi Router.. And thanks for trying to help..
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

thats cuz verizon phones have almost half the memory

The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkme73 View Post
@root @ahuskins...

Since flashing to the shipped rom yesterday afternoon resulted in no further auto HR, I added apps. By the end of the night, no HR. So I flashed to the 8/11 NRG Rom (not the 9/5 that you guys provided). Been running strong all day. There must be something in the 9/5 that my phone just doesn't like.

For now, all is well and I'll just wait for the next release (plus a few days comments) to upgrade.
Awesome. Still running 9/5 here.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel---->VZW

jkcsho is just getting started

that sux so bad 2! i was an alltel customer but had 2 do an insurance claim so i got the vzw crap! does ne body noif the fix located @ http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49933 will fix my gps prob?

Last edited by jkcsho; 09-12-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:49 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgrillshinin View Post
I can connect to Wifi with no problem. And "Sprint is selected in the drop down box.. I am using the program that is in Utilities called "WiFi internet Sharing", its called Wi-Fi Router.. And thanks for trying to help..
For what it's worth mine works like a charm. In Connections mine is set to Network. I have a sneaking suspicion that it has to do with not being able to find the "Sprint" connection you have set up. I am guessing you installed a Carrier Cab. You might try adding a connection called "Network" and select it as the connection to use for internet. Just make sure that the "Network" connection you create dials using #777.
Let us know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro