PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Cheapgal...

I still do not see how a rom could block sprint from seeing how much data you used? If it occured while you were using a specific rom, then I would say without much doubt it was just a fluke coincidence.

I have been using MM roms since 4, and I have always shown data being used by sprint. So it's not the rom that was blocking it. It was something on Sprint's side.

Just use some common sense here. How could a rom block sprint from knowing how much data you've used?

And if you want to test it out further - revert back to the old rom to see if you can duplicate the results. I'd be willing to bet that even if you went back to the old rom you were using, sprint would be able to track your data usage.

Last edited by supdawg; 08-03-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm new to sprint and using pda net. I'm hoping for no issues,although
I'm not a huge data hog. Guess I'll find out as all my data usage is listed on the sprint site.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

cheapgal is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
Cheapgal...

I still do not see how a rom could block sprint from seeing how much data you used? If it occured while you were using a specific rom, then I would say without much doubt it was just a fluke coincidence.

I have been using MM roms since 4, and I have always shown data being used by sprint. So it's not the rom that was blocking it. It was something on Sprint's side.

Just use some common sense here. How could a rom block sprint from knowing how much data you've used?

And if you want to test it out further - revert back to the old rom to see if you can duplicate the results. I'd be willing to bet that even if you went back to the old rom you were using, sprint would be able to track your data usage.
MightyMike, confirmed his roms does blocked sprint tracking but let see, what he say about my problem.

I will go back to R3Born and see if it will block the usages. Let you all know ...later...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapgal View Post
I have unlimited data so no charges, it just that the data usages shown up on sprint usages website.

Normally under R3born, it shown 0 (zero) usages. Now, under Rom6, it shown the bandwidth usages being tracked by sprint.

Unlimited
KB included
86,448 KB used
I don't know what to tell you. As far as I know, it is supposed to tell you your data usage. And the tethering hack just allows you to pipe the phone's internal network access to your computer. So Sprint should see it as the same data access as if you were browsing the web on your phone. That it didn't show up on another ROM is perplexing to me. But I'd say you have nothing to worry about. In fact, be glad you have a means to monitor your data consumption. As you approach 5 gigs I would probably limit the tethering. Unlimited data means unlimited through the phone handset. Sprint knows that it is very uncommon to break 5 gigs a month if you are limited to the phone only. I think I've said enough...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post

Agreed. This is what I am saying. But in the off chance the ROM affected Sprint's ability to monitor data usage, I'd be very interested from a curiosity standpoint.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

keep in mind, although tracking dll's have been removed, your account will still show how much data you've used. They just can't tell HOW it was used (Directly on phone, or tethering)
Old 08-03-2009, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'm tethering on R3BORN right now, under "data", so far...no changes on the usages

Unlimited KB included
87,258 KB used
Estimated usage as of 08/03/2009.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
keep in mind, although tracking dll's have been removed, your account will still show how much data you've used. They just can't tell HOW it was used (Directly on phone, or tethering)
Well, in that case, the R3BORN was just a draw of luck... zero data usages shown after months of using tethering.

Last edited by cheapgal; 08-03-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapgal View Post
Well, in that case, the R3BORN was just a draw of luck... zero data usages shown.
Sprint is sometimes slow to update.
I once used up a Gig of data but it took them about 24 hours later to note it.

If you read their notice on the usage page about data tracking, it will state that the amounts of data used are not always up to date, or something to that effect.

But believe me, as Mighty also noted, Sprint DOES track data usage while tethering, whether you use the Phone as Modem option or the Data option.

However, also as Mighty noted, they don't seem to know HOW the data is being used if you use the *Data* option when tethering, since the hack takes care of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
I don't know what to tell you. As far as I know, it is supposed to tell you your data usage. And the tethering hack just allows you to pipe the phone's internal network access to your computer. So Sprint should see it as the same data access as if you were browsing the web on your phone. That it didn't show up on another ROM is perplexing to me. But I'd say you have nothing to worry about. In fact, be glad you have a means to monitor your data consumption. As you approach 5 gigs I would probably limit the tethering. Unlimited data means unlimited through the phone handset. Sprint knows that it is very uncommon to break 5 gigs a month if you are limited to the phone only. I think I've said enough...
Exactly.

Last edited by hamidxa; 08-03-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Lurker

Imperator is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdr32341 View Post
I've been searching this thread but I can't seem to find any info - Do any of you guys have issues with the built-in alarm clock on this newest build of MightyRom?

Basically, my problem is that the windows snooze/dismiss alarm notification doesn't pop up when my alarm goes off. So, in order to turn off the alarm, i have to tap the bar at the top of the screen and then tap the alarm icon, at which point the pop-up will appear and i can dismiss the alarm. Is there some setting I can change that will make the alarm popup appear on top of touchflo without making me first go into the notification manager?
I rarely use the alarm unless I'm on the road for work, which has been my case over the past four weeks. My phone locks to a PIN after 10 minutes (EAS policy) and today I discovered the alarm will show a snooze "slider" below the unlock slider when the phone is locked (using the WM 6.5 lock screen). This worked wonderfully for me this morning; thanks to MR 6, I wish my TP was always configured this way!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development