PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: Sprint

cheapgal is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
all users please be advised:

a user has contacted me noticing tethering charges while using mightyrom6 despite all tracking methods being removed from the rom. i would ask that all users who tether please check your account for charges.

i will not be responsible for tethering charges.

this could be a fluke accident, although you need to make sure you are selecting data and not phone as modem in the internet sharing application.

i will be back tomorrow to look into the issue. thanks
Okay, I have used the tethering under "data" several times after your posting and it looks like it's being tracked.

Please see if you can fix it.

Thank you

Old 08-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
I am having issues with screen rotation with this ROM. When I am walking and holding the phone, it rotates from portrait to landscape often, especially when listening to music on a long walk. Yesterday I had to leave the keyboard out while walking just so it stops rotating constantly and today I did a hard reset and its still doing it again. Is there a way to stop the rotation? Its getting on my nerves.
did you install any auto-rotation apps? I know there are a few out there cuz some ppl don't like to have to slide out the keyboard to get it to rotate. If I'm right some chefs are cooking these into their ROMs. Are you using MightyROM?
Old 08-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapgal View Post
Okay, I have used the tethering under "data" several times after your posting and it looks like it's being tracked.

Please see if you can fix it.

Thank you
When you say tracked do you mean you have an unlimited data plan and you are being charged? Or the data use just shows up on your Sprint account website? If it is the former, and you were using DATA to tether, then that is truly strange. If it is the latter then that is how it has always worked for me, even when I accidentally selected PAM.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
did you install any auto-rotation apps? I know there are a few out there cuz some ppl don't like to have to slide out the keyboard to get it to rotate. If I'm right some chefs are cooking these into their ROMs. Are you using MightyROM?
I'm using the newest Mighty ROM (July 1 and do not have any other screen rotation programs. Not sure why its doing this. I plan on downloading a different ROM later to see if that can fix it. I'm on the Sprint TP.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Thursday is keeping up the good workThursday is keeping up the good work

What kind of % mem usage are you guys getting?
Old 08-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsa View Post
Guys maybe I'm missing something but I don't see a good turn by turn nav in this ROM. Telenav was decent, please don't make me go back to the installed ROM. PLS HELP
Check this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75970.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
When you say tracked do you mean you have an unlimited data plan and you are being charged? Or the data use just shows up on your Sprint account website? If it is the former, and you were using DATA to tether, then that is truly strange. If it is the latter then that is how it has always worked for me, even when I accidentally selected PAM.
I have unlimited data so no charges, it just that the data usages shown up on sprint usages website.

Normally under R3born, it shown 0 (zero) usages. Now, under Rom6, it shown the bandwidth usages being tracked by sprint.

Unlimited
KB included
86,448 KB used
Old 08-03-2009, 03:13 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
I'm using the newest Mighty ROM (July 1 and do not have any other screen rotation programs. Not sure why its doing this. I plan on downloading a different ROM later to see if that can fix it. I'm on the Sprint TP.
Try turning your G-Sensor off for a spell....TF3D | Settings | G-Sensor | Auto Screen Rotation = Off

Old 08-03-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro and diamond

har226 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapgal View Post
I have unlimited data so no charges, it just that the data usages shown up on sprint usages website.

Normally under R3born, it shown 0 (zero) usages. Now, under Rom6, it shown the bandwidth usages being tracked by sprint.

Unlimited KB included
86,448 KB used
MIne would show up but it just showed up as if i was using the internet on my touch pro but this is the first month I have used MR6 and I hope i dont get charged. Does tethering show up on the sprint website as phone as a modem or is it bunched in with the internet usage from just the phone?
Old 08-03-2009, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by har226 View Post
MIne would show up but it just showed up as if i was using the internet on my touch pro but this is the first month I have used MR6 and I hope i dont get charged. Does tethering show up on the sprint website as phone as a modem or is it bunched in with the internet usage from just the phone?
Just internet usages, I don't think they know what method we use as long as it's under 5gb (if you have unlimited data plan). Anymore than 5 gb, they might start charging you.

I used R3BORN rom before from MightyMike and it shown zero usages, even if I tether day & night, 24/7 for months. Nothing shown up on sprint usages website, until now, with the Rom6.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development