PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

diplomat2387 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to diplomat2387
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Does ##DEBUG# work on this rom...?
Old 07-23-2009, 03:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Fixter is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Fixter

Yes Debug works.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:33 PM
N00b

Fixter is a n00b

I have putten the TP to the test all day today. And my God does this ROM sucks battery life. This cellphone its suppose to have all of this goodies inside it and what for? I can listen to music like for an hour and boom, battery is dead. I can go ahead and watch tv and boom for an hour. I can't even enter Msn Messeger for a half and hour and its already half its battery life.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've been running the lastest MR since its release date. Havent had any issues yet. This morning when I looked at my phone on the charger it was stuck. So I soft reset it, and it hung on the boot up screen. Then I pulled the battery and it hung again - but eventually loaded windows. I got a message that my memory was critically low.

I was like wtf? I hadnt installed anything in the past day or two, so I go looking in the documents folder and there was about 30 *CHK files in there ranging from a few KB to a few megs. so I deleted them, but now my start menu does not work, nor cant I see the upper right hand x button. It still works - but its invisible.

At this point, I think a clear storage might fix it, but I can't get into the settings through the start menu. I tried a hard reset by doing the vol down, pwr, + reset, but it only goes to the tri colored screen.

Any suggestions?
Old 07-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

diplomat2387 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to diplomat2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixter View Post
Yes Debug works.
When I try ##DEBUG# it doesn't work though...
Old 07-23-2009, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good workPPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
I've been running the lastest MR since its release date. Havent had any issues yet. This morning when I looked at my phone on the charger it was stuck. So I soft reset it, and it hung on the boot up screen. Then I pulled the battery and it hung again - but eventually loaded windows. I got a message that my memory was critically low.

I was like wtf? I hadnt installed anything in the past day or two, so I go looking in the documents folder and there was about 30 *CHK files in there ranging from a few KB to a few megs. so I deleted them, but now my start menu does not work, nor cant I see the upper right hand x button. It still works - but its invisible.

At this point, I think a clear storage might fix it, but I can't get into the settings through the start menu. I tried a hard reset by doing the vol down, pwr, + reset, but it only goes to the tri colored screen.

Any suggestions?
That's actually the procedure for flashing from an SD card. To hard reset, turn the phone off, then hold vol down, d-pad center, and power, being sure to start pressing them in that order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplomat2387 View Post
When I try ##DEBUG# it doesn't work though...
Does it ask you for a password? If so, the password is 183729.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:07 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
I have putten the TP to the test all day today. And my God does this ROM sucks battery life. This cellphone its suppose to have all of this goodies inside it and what for? I can listen to music like for an hour and boom, battery is dead. I can go ahead and watch tv and boom for an hour. I can't even enter Msn Messeger for a half and hour and its already half its battery life.
I don't have any positive advice for your exact problem sorry, but by the tone of your post you hopefully weren't expecting any anyways!

I ran MR6 since it came out on the 18th and had no issues with battery life. Do you honestly believe that everyone else is experiencing the exact same issues you are? I think if they were this thread would be full of similar "complaints".

Questions:

Is this your first flash to MR6?

Did you perform a clear storage after flashing it?

Have you tried the commonly advertised "flash to stock rom, redownload MR6 and reflash it, then clear storage"?

Have you tried flashing to stock rom and seeing how the battery behaves / lasts?

In the immortal words of #5....need input!

ps. your signature is somewhat paradoxical

Last edited by CovKid66; 07-23-2009 at 04:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:07 PM
N00b

Fixter is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
Questions:

Is this your first flash to MR6?

Did you perform a clear storage after flashing it?

Have you tried the commonly advertised "flash to stock rom, redownload MR6 and reflash it, then clear storage"?

Have you tried flashing to stock rom and seeing how the battery behaves / lasts?

In the immortal words of #5....need input!

ps. your signature is somewhat paradoxical
I am answering the questions in the same way you asked me.

1.Yes it is my first time, but unlike other people I did my reading.

2. I did perform a Clear Storage after flashing.

3. I don't believe that will solve anything.

4. Before flashing my cellphone I did my research and wrote down the exact time that my cellphone lasted. Msn talking : 4 hours before any messages appeared. Music: 5 hours, straight. And tv went on for like 6 half an hour shows and I had half battery life. What sort of input do you need? And yes, I have seen many people complaining about the battery life in this thread.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:31 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
I am answering the questions in the same way you asked me.

1.Yes it is my first time, but unlike other people I did my reading.

2. I did perform a Clear Storage after flashing.

3. I don't believe that will solve anything.

4. Before flashing my cellphone I did my research and wrote down the exact time that my cellphone lasted. Msn talking : 4 hours before any messages appeared. Music: 5 hours, straight. And tv went on for like 6 half an hour shows and I had half battery life. What sort of input do you need? And yes, I have seen many people complaining about the battery life in this thread.
Excellent info (input), thanks. Curious...how do those times compare/differ to when you used a stock ROM or a custom ROM other than this one?

Personally I don't watch TV or play movies on my TP, so I can't comment there. I do listen to music and 5 hours straight seems pretty good, but again, I've never used it for that long straight. One other question, sorry, but are you using wifi or data connection for your msn and tv? Aren't these phones rated for about 4 hours talk time? This may be over simplifying a comparison....but why would it last longer than that for a streaming or data intensive application e.g. tv? Again, I don't use it, so maybe I'm missing how it works.

Hopefully others can chime in and provide their feedback as to whether those numbers are good or not.

Last edited by CovKid66; 07-23-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800

animeva is a n00b

anyone able to connect to activesync using this rom via bluetooth? doesnt work for me
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development